• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DEATH PANELS ... They're baaaaack

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"The ObamaCare law also stipulates that there "shall be no administrative or judicial review" of the board's decisions. Its members will be nearly untouchable, too. They will be presidentially nominated and Senate-confirmed, but after that they can only be fired for "neglect of duty or malfeasance in office."

Once the board acts, its decisions can be overruled only by Congress, and only through unprecedented and constitutionally dubious legislative procedures—featuring restricted debate, short deadlines for actions by congressional committees and other steps of the process, and supermajoritarian voting requirements."

This should curl the hair of even Obama loyalists.

David Rivkin and Elizabeth Foley: An ObamaCare Board Answerable to No One - WSJ.com

"The ObamaCare law also stipulates that there "shall be no administrative or judicial review" of the board's decisions. Its members will be nearly untouchable, too. They will be presidentially nominated and Senate-confirmed, but after that they can only be fired for "neglect of duty or malfeasance in office."

Once the board acts, its decisions can be overruled only by Congress, and only through unprecedented and constitutionally dubious legislative procedures—featuring restricted debate, short deadlines for actions by congressional committees and other steps of the process, and supermajoritarian voting requirements."

David Rivkin and Elizabeth Foley: An ObamaCare Board Answerable to No One - WSJ.com

Hysteria.

Hysteria.
Hardly. Welcome to the new reality that your government has control of your healthcare, and you have no recourse. It literally takes an act of Congress to over-rule the board. Good luck with that.

Hardly. Welcome to the new reality that your government has control of your healthcare, and you have no recourse. It literally takes an act of Congress to over-rule the board. Good luck with that.

I cant overrule blue cross either.

You have a better chance of overruling Blue Cross than
the idiots in government!!!

No I dont. With government I can call my senator or rep. With Blue Cross I cant change or appeal.

They are the only game in town.

Oh I guess I can pick my ppo provider.

So it's an untouchable panel that can be fired and overruled?

Pick one or the other. This is retarded.

Or we can accept that we cant overrule either or and the article is hysteria.
Awfully complacent with your freedom, I think. I don't accept that which doesn't fall into the category of taxes or death without considering alternatives. If you choose to just go along, then you must consider this an improvement on the status quo - or that you have no choice in the matter. I refuse on both counts.

Awfully complacent with your freedom, I think. I don't accept that which doesn't fall into the category of taxes or death without considering alternatives. If you choose to just go along, then you must consider this an improvement on the status quo - or that you have no choice in the matter. I refuse on both counts.

I dont have the freedom to chose either way.

I chose to have insurance. I dont control what it pays. Thats life.

This is how the medical industry does it today. When a human being is at their end life, the hospitals, doctors, et al., keep this person alive and "comfortable," until they get as much government or insurance or life's savings money as they possibly can for/from this person. After that, the person is sent over to 'hospice," to die where they gently put them down in a humane way by increasing their "medication." Then they wrap them in a shroud and send them to the funeral home.

I have seen this repeated too many times.

Myself, I would prefer to be put down "gently," BEFORE the government shells out a quarter million on me and my home, kid's inheritance and what ever else I got is sucked away by these charletans.

There should be a system in place to allow those wishes of mine to protect the assets that would be better spent on my wife and children.

I dont have the freedom to chose either way.

I chose to have insurance. I dont control what it pays. Thats life.
That's a choice you don't have to make. Or didn't. And I do get upset when my freedoms are curtailed - especially so when the government tells me it's for my own good. They aren't qualified to make that decision.

That's a choice you don't have to make. Or didn't. And I do get upset when my freedoms are curtailed - especially so when the government tells me it's for my own good. They aren't qualified to make that decision.

We should all get upset when our freedoms are curtailed. The problem is, some people have no problem curtailing the freedom's of other's, they just don't want THEIR freedoms curtailed.

Women get upset when people try to curtail their reproductive freedoms.

Gays get upset when people try to curtail their marital freedoms.

Gun nutters get upset when people try to curtail their freedom to buy missle launchers.

Smokers get upset when they make them go outside to smoke and charge them a "sin tax."

Which freedom are they trying to take from you that you find upsetting?

Well, join the crowd. Get in line.

Fight the good fight and best of luck to you.

Yes, giving more access than they had, with better treatment is a death panel.

If you can pay for care, you don't get it. That limits.

No insurance company pays for everything, and they're to death angels either. Merely a limitation due mostly to cost.

So, a panel fir the government, just like the ones insurance companies have, will make sure the care is reputable (how dare they), that it has a history of success (those bastards), and isn't elective (I don't know where they get this ****). Any one calling this a death panel is either hopeless partisan, or an idiot. There's not much anything else they could be.

We should all get upset when our freedoms are curtailed. The problem is, some people have no problem curtailing the freedom's of other's, they just don't want THEIR freedoms curtailed.

Women get upset when people try to curtail their reproductive freedoms.

Gays get upset when people try to curtail their marital freedoms.

Gun nutters get upset when people try to curtail their freedom to buy missle launchers.

Smokers get upset when they make them go outside to smoke and charge them a "sin tax."

Which freedom are they trying to take from you that you find upsetting?

Well, join the crowd. Get in line.

Fight the good fight and best of luck to you.
I feel compelled to point out that the new health care law affects everybody, and as time passes we're seeing that it affects the vast majority of the country negatively, Captain. We can all relate to the truth that we tend to more passionately support those causes that affect us most directly. Health care affects us all directly. So does the means of payment.

This is how the medical industry does it today. When a human being is at their end life, the hospitals, doctors, et al., keep this person alive and "comfortable," until they get as much government or insurance or life's savings money as they possibly can for/from this person. After that, the person is sent over to 'hospice," to die where they gently put them down in a humane way by increasing their "medication." Then they wrap them in a shroud and send them to the funeral home.

I have seen this repeated too many times.

Myself, I would prefer to be put down "gently," BEFORE the government shells out a quarter million on me and my home, kid's inheritance and what ever else I got is sucked away by these charletans.

There should be a system in place to allow those wishes of mine to protect the assets that would be better spent on my wife and children.

There is a system in place. IT's a combination of a Living Will, and personal directives. Or, if you so choose, Death With Dignity.

Death with Dignity National Center

No I dont. With government I can call my senator or rep. With Blue Cross I cant change or appeal.

They are the only game in town.

Oh I guess I can pick my ppo provider.

I cant overrule blue cross either.

It truly is a death panel.
Read the piece ... calling your Senators or Reps wll get you nowhere because they have no juice.
And if they are Democrats they have no intention of helping you anyway since they voted for this monstrosity.

But it may not matter since your service provider may just bail on his/her patients anyway.

So it's an untouchable panel that can be fired and overruled?

Pick one or the other. This is retarded.

At once, both unbelievable & depressing to hear someone say such nonsense .

At once, both unbelievable & depressing to hear someone say such nonsense .

You're the one promoting an article that is calling a panel "untouchable" while also mentioning ways that they can be touched. If bar for unbelievable must be incredibly low if that's the case.

You're the one promoting an article that is calling a panel "untouchable" while also mentioning ways that they can be touched. If bar for unbelievable must be incredibly low if that's the case.

Obama can be impeached ... is he going to be?

Obama can be impeached ... is he going to be?

Doesn't matter if he will be, the fact that he can be impeached is a check on his power. Are you trying to argue that impeachment is impossible? You realize it has happened before right? Do you understand what you are even arguing?

Back
Top Bottom