• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Death for Some Sex Offenders OK'd in S.C.

LiberalNation

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Good for South Carolina.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060531/ap/d8huv1do1.html

The South Carolina House on Wednesday passed a pair of bills that would allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty for some repeat child molesters. Support for the package picked up steam after a man was charged with kidnapping two girls and raping them in a dungeon behind his home earlier this year.

Louisiana, Florida and Montana allow the death penalty for sex crimes.

Interesting...

This is a future Supreme Court case waiting to happen...

Although, if you're a habitual sex offender, then I don't see why not... And if you rape or molest a child, then forget habitual. IMO, you're a rabid animal and I know what we do to rabid animals... I do know there are those out there that disagree with the death penalty under all circumstances; however, and I respect those opinions... Me? I'm a ardent supporter of the death penalty and actually believe it should be used more often...

Back
Top Bottom