• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Death By Propaganda

Robodoon

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Carolyn_Dean_com_hdr.gif

PART 1 of 2

Dr. Carolyn Dean, MD, ND and
Elissa Meininger
February 16, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." --Alex Carey (Australian academic)

Looking back over how corporate power became the dominant force in our everyday life and how government now follows in lockstep to suit every corporate whim, it is useful to understand its origins. In all, it’s been a long, deliberate process that continues to become evermore sophisticated in its manipulation of us, the American public.

One of the principle architects in the takeover of the American mind is a fellow named Edward Bernays, who is considered the father of the American public relations industry. If his name doesn’t ring a bell, then maybe his Uncle Sigmund Freud’s will........

http://www.newswithviews.com/Dean/carolyn33.htm

this is a great little article about how our minds are molded, and where Bias comes from.

In Bernays 1928 book, Propaganda, which was recently re-issued, he talks about the invisible governance by manipulation.
"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smooth functioning society."

Stinger said:
Your mind is really molded?
Moldy...his mind is moldy. Which explains the references to things published before 1960 on a continuous basis.....:roll:

Anyone else reminded of the movies "Powder" and "Edward Scissorshands" when reading his posts?

Stinger said:
Your mind is really molded?

The mind of Society is, thats why we don't understand what is going on as as people.

Media is very powerful as seen in Germany

"Hitler's dictatorship differed in one fundamental point from all its predecessors in history. It was the first dictatorship in the present period of modern technical development, a dictatorship which made complete use of all technical means for the domination of its own country. Through technical devices like the radio and the loud-speaker, eighty million people were deprived of independent thought. It was thereby possible to subject them to the will of one man..."
Albert Speer, Hitler's Minister for Armaments (at his trial after World War II)

We suffer from much the same effect in America today.

ngdawg said:
Moldy...his mind is moldy. Which explains the references to things published before 1960 on a continuous basis.....:roll:

Anyone else reminded of the movies "Powder" and "Edward Scissorshands" when reading his posts?

History plays a part in our lives today. We aren't special, we aren't super smart and we fall for the same things the past generations fall to because we don't remember history. America didn't start when you were born, there were manythings going on that have ties to today.

Naughty Nurse said:
:funny That was good!

:roll: I find it sad and lacking substance and understanding.

Here is one for you ...pooh pooh pee pee :rofl cleaver stuff aah ;)

Robodoon said:
The mind of Society is,

Well you were talking individuals in you opening post, what happened to that statement? That being said society has a mind and it's moldy?

Stinger said:
Well you were talking individuals in you opening post, what happened to that statement? That being said society has a mind and it's moldy?

Society is fast asleep. Unaware about what is going on.

Robodoon said:
Society is fast asleep. Unaware about what is going on.

But you aren't and you know?

Robodoon said:
History plays a part in our lives today. We aren't special, we aren't super smart and we fall for the same things the past generations fall to because we don't remember history. America didn't start when you were born, there were manythings going on that have ties to today.

Hmmmm maybe you should just speak for yourself.

Stinger said:
But you aren't and you know?

yeah, and there are Millions of me, but the MSM isn't going to tell you. They were bought up by the powers I'm trying to warn about.

As in Hitlers day so is today.

"Hitler's dictatorship differed in one fundamental point from all its predecessors in history. It was the first dictatorship in the present period of modern technical development, a dictatorship which made complete use of all technical means for the domination of its own country. Through technical devices like the radio and the loud-speaker, eighty million people were deprived of independent thought. It was thereby possible to subject them to the will of one man..."
Albert Speer, Hitler's Minister for Armaments (at his trial after World War II)

In Bernays 1928 book, Propaganda, which was recently re-issued, he talks about the invisible governance by manipulation.
"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smooth functioning society."

Stinger said:
Hmmmm maybe you should just speak for yourself.

Do you know what’s going on? I see you like Music like me, I play Keyboards.

Perhaps you could enlighten me about what you know. Perhaps you know something I don't...perhaps you know more then most people like ME!

Perhaps expanding your concerns to actual statements would help us all understand were you are coming from.

PS I grew up in an US test ground for the NEW WORLD ORDER, I got a head start over many other people...thats all. ;)

Robodoon said:
Do you know what’s going on?

Concerning what specifically?

I see you like Music like me, I play Keyboards.

:2razz:

Perhaps you could enlighten me about what you know. Perhaps you know something I don't...perhaps you know more then most people like ME!

Perhaps expanding your concerns to actual statements would help us all understand were you are coming from.

Well I can't get past your rhetorical assertions to find anything to specifically address.

PS I grew up in an US test ground for the NEW WORLD ORDER, I got a head start over many other people...thats all.

That's what I'm talking about.

Stinger said:

Everything.

OH you Guitarists.
With your Stings

want to see the first Hippies in the world...dating back thousands of years and you would think you were reading about the 1960?

Everything and anything...what ever you like.

Well I can't get past your rhetorical assertions to find anything to specifically address.

Well address your concerns.

That's what I'm talking about

Well expand man. ;)

GET TO IT....push that rock, roll it man ;)

DO it , just do it.

;)

Back
Top Bottom