• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dear Mods... Please create Trump sub-forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case we damn sure need a forum for "But Hillary's emails!"

And for the zillions of 'nothingburgers' I've seen on this forum :mrgreen:

it is no secret that trump hating has become an all consuming passion for some forum members. fine. that is their right. but it has become the most tiresome refrain. wading through these threads to find something worth responding to is tedious. trump is an idiot. trump is a bully. trump eats kittens, blah blah blah.

would the mods please consider a sub forum specifically for trump-related threads?

thank you for your consideration.

Every president faces criticism, and a lot of it. It is part of being president. The overall topic of the site is politics, and discussing politics requires talking about the person at the head of the most powerful nation on Earth. Since people are not all the same, some are going to speak negatively of that person. Trying to segregate all those who disagree with the president is not going to benefit the board.

Why does the very idea of isolating dissent sound so very like Russia...

They were attacked but nothing like this. The frequency and veracity of the attacks on Trump are unparalleled to anything that I've seen in my lifetime. Yes, social media being more prominent today has something to do with it, and yes, living in an internet culture has something to do with it, and yes, Trump being the most braggadocios blowhard to ever hold the office also has something to do with it.

But there is nothing "similar" about it.

That’s because the dumb **** that comes out of trumps mouth and tweets are unprecedented. The amount of incompetence from trumptard is astounding. He is the most unprofessional and unpresidential President we have ever had.

They were attacked but nothing like this. The frequency and veracity of the attacks on Trump are unparalleled to anything that I've seen in my lifetime. Yes, social media being more prominent today has something to do with it, and yes, living in an internet culture has something to do with it, and yes, Trump being the most braggadocios blowhard to ever hold the office also has something to do with it.

Mix in identity politics, tribalism, "intersectional" victimhood and a hyper-PC culture, and we can see how Trump hate has become a national obsession.

Noob on noob?
This makes less sense the post I responded to - I wouldn't have thought that possible, but I'm sure your next will hit even lower levels of lunacy.

it is no secret that trump hating has become an all consuming passion for some forum members. fine. that is their right. but it has become the most tiresome refrain. wading through these threads to find something worth responding to is tedious. trump is an idiot. trump is a bully. trump eats kittens, blah blah blah.

would the mods please consider a sub forum specifically for trump-related threads?

Well, truth be told, most forums have a regular sub-forum for EVERY current administration.
Prior to the end of 2016, we should have had a sub-forum titled "The Obama Administration" and then it should have been archived and replaced with "The Trump Administration". And if Biden or Sanders wins next time, then the "Trump Administration" forum gets archived and so on and so on, etc.

The current administration should definitely have its own sub-forum, it's just common sense.
But that isn't going to stop people from posting breaking news or general political discussion pertaining at least partly to Trump.
Nevertheless, it is still helpful to have a forum specifically dedicated to the current presidential administration.

Im just collecting and classifying thrir crazy posts to rub their noses in as Mueller wraps up, and Trump wins in 2020. Who knows, maybe we’ll get back to one justice system, and take a look at the Clinton crime family.

Probably the Basement would be better to contain all the garbage TDS victims spew continually. Probably include a sub-forum "Trump lied about <fill in your particular lunacy>"

The Basement is definitely the right place for Trump.

Great idea.

That’s because the dumb **** that comes out of trumps mouth and tweets are unprecedented. The amount of incompetence from trumptard is astounding. He is the most unprofessional and unpresidential President we have ever had.

There's a lot of reasons for it and many of those reasons are self inflicted but it IS unprecedented. That was my only point.

Im just collecting and classifying thrir crazy posts to rub their noses in as Mueller wraps up, and Trump wins in 2020. Who knows, maybe we’ll get back to one justice system, and take a look at the Clinton crime family.

What’s your fallback position?

Meh. I mean, Obama got attacked for having a fat wife on this board. He got attacked over the shoes Michele wore. He got attacked for the menu at the White house Superbowl party. Trying to judge who gets attacked more frequently is a silly game.

For the 2020 election victory party, Trump will have a big bowl of punch to all his followers. If you drink the punch, your astral body will be taken to a place free from liberals and criminal immigrants. A new world where you can worship Trump freely and openly.

Meh. I mean, Obama got attacked for having a fat wife on this board. He got attacked over the shoes Michele wore. He got attacked for the menu at the White house Superbowl party. Trying to judge who gets attacked more frequently is a silly game.

If you are talking about the stupidity of attacks on this board, maybe they were similarly stupid in a lot of instances but I don't recall the general fervor being anywhere near the level it is at now.

I do recall Michelle Obama getting attacked for school lunches. That one was <smh> stupid.

They were attacked but nothing like this. The frequency and veracity of the attacks on Trump are unparalleled to anything that I've seen in my lifetime.

Could it possibly be because Trump is the most dysfunctional president in our lifetime? How many times in your lifetime has a Secretary of State and Defense Secretary left on such bad terms? How many times in your lifetime has a member of the president's own party said he was incompetent and people were basically babysitting him?

Why can't Trump take personal responsibility for his behavior and how that creates negative news cycles?

If you are talking about the stupidity of attacks on this board, maybe they were similarly stupid in a lot of instances but I don't recall the general fervor being anywhere near the level it is at now.

I do recall Michelle Obama getting attacked for school lunches. That one was <smh> stupid.

I think there is a perception bias that makes it hard to judge. Even counting the threads started would not work, since the board has more members than it did back in 2009, and gets alot more posts each day. When I first started posting, you would rarely see more than 50 or so members online during the busy times of day. Right now there are 112 members online and this is not a high traffic time of day.

I will give you that it is a bit extreme, but it is still nothing new. He just gives more ammo, whether he means to or not.

Trump gets folks riled and he does it in a spectacular way. He is still just the single person running the WH tho. I don't support him getting his own sub forum.

Maybe a subforum for Trump cult members to worship him in peace?

(I'm not trying to be insulting. Trump followers are caught up in a genuine personality cult.)

51888e46645e787d69415c126e18b2bd.jpg

Well, there's always the fact that Trump attacked Obama. A lot.

So when Trumpsters complain about Trump being attacked, it's pretty silly.

What’s your fallback position?

Finding a Mitt Romney with balls. A mean Romney with fangs. The poor guy doesnt even have a closet to hide a skeleton in. Too pure, too nice, not enough evil to suit an evil world.

The republican field has lots of good candidates, the democrats not so much. That means a serious candidate, not a John McCain, and not some other “it’s my turn” candidate, since IMO 2020 is a lock for republicans since the democrats are FUBAR due to Clinton worship killing their bench in the crib.

But hey, I’m in California, ground zero for vote fraud.

I have absolutely no doubt that you have successfully alerted the mods to the seriousness of the issue and the are now working around the clock to resolve it. The site's owner now has them working in shifts to in order move all the Trump-hate threads into their own subforum. The only problem is that you did not provide them with a desired deadline. Did you want this completed by this week or the next?

There's a lot of reasons for it and many of those reasons are self inflicted but it IS unprecedented. That was my only point.

It’s only unprecedented because of Trumps OWN actions. If he wasn’t such an unprofessional idiot, it wouldn’t be close to this at all.

It’s only unprecedented because of Trumps OWN actions. If he wasn’t such an unprofessional idiot, it wouldn’t be close to this at all.

Feel better?

Moderator's Warning:
Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom