• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deadly polar vortex blasts Midwest with coldest air in decades - live updates

Oh I doubt we can fix it, we maybe can slow the damage being done but that's about it.

Like George Carlin said, we are not going to save the planet, the planer is going to shake us off like a bad set of fleas...

Or, according to research by scholars from NASA and Penn State, aliens may come and eat us for destroying earth by neglecting to implement more budget-busting green earth policies.

They don't know. With "Climate Change" it's always "heads we win tails you lose". Extreme cold = proof of climate change. No extreme cold also = proof of climate change.
I dont know how much of an impact man has on the weather but the whole the science is settled argument I find dishonest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I dont know how much of an impact man has on the weather but the whole the science is settled argument I find dishonest.

"Science is settled" is a very unscientific statement.

Or, according to research by scholars from NASA and Penn State, aliens may come and eat us for destroying earth by neglecting to implement more budget-busting green earth policies.
If the A.I. doesn't kill us first.

It was -32 real temp this morning, I will take that over 110 any day any time!!!

110 is easy, just drink water, have a pool and don't go out hiking....of course, the humidity level is about 7% so it really isn't that bad.

Not trying to pick a fight with anyone but I am curious how people who believe in awg explain this. If man is warming the planet and responsible for record highs how are we experiencing record lows too?

This is the lowest temperature seen in Chicago by year.
Stupidity.png

It might come as as surprise, but there have been previous winters.

110 is easy, just drink water, have a pool and don't go out hiking....of course, the humidity level is about 7% so it really isn't that bad.

I've been in Phoenix when it was 113. I would rather be water boarded than go through that again.

Granted 113 in Georgia was worse,

You can dress for cold but heat sucks the soul out of ya...

Last I looked we are up to -25 so things are heating up.

Maybe I can finally start my van or get my pump running...

I do research it and I ask others questions. I'm open minded about it and remain persuadable in either direction. I lean toward a skeptic but not fully convinced.

I dont dismiss the science but it's far from settled. If it were settled and we had that complete of an understanding of our environment, at the very least, they would be able to more accurately predict the weather.

You do not think they predict the weather accurately. Weather being the short term forecast of actual weather. Granted, I am in SF Bay Area, but we consistently and accurately plan outings based on forecasts. Other parts of the country know well ahead that hurricanes are coming. The "Polar Vortex" was forecasted and totally expected and was as advertised.

I do not believe an science is truly settled, but current science clearly points to the point of a warming climate.

Just because the climate is warming does not mean all the elements for weather (and severe at that)are not on the table.

First and foremost though, there has to be some understanding that weather and climate are separate issues.

I've been in Phoenix when it was 113. I would rather be water boarded than go through that again.

Granted 113 in Georgia was worse,

You can dress for cold but heat sucks the soul out of ya...

Dressing for heat is easy....just wear less and have water and a hat and sunglasses!

A swimming pool helps!

Except that "climate scientists" are not the smartest people in the world. They are to science what podiatrists are to medicine. If you don't have the grades and test scores to make it, you go with the backup plan.

Global warming scientists are to weather what astrologists are to space.

Sorry, my attention span isn't very good for foolishness.

If you're not interested in meteorology don't ****in post about it.

You do not think they predict the weather accurately. Weather being the short term forecast of actual weather. Granted, I am in SF Bay Area, but we consistently and accurately plan outings based on forecasts. Other parts of the country know well ahead that hurricanes are coming. The "Polar Vortex" was forecasted and totally expected and was as advertised.

I do not believe an science is truly settled, but current science clearly points to the point of a warming climate.

Just because the climate is warming does not mean all the elements for weather (and severe at that)are not on the table.

First and foremost though, there has to be some understanding that weather and climate are separate issues.
I dont dispute that we are experiencing a warming trend. I dispute that the cause can be determined with the amount of certainty being claimed nor are the predictions as definite as they claim.

And no they do not accurately predict weather. They can tell you if it's likely to rain or not or if its gonna be cold or hot a few days out but that's it. That's a far cry from being able to predict global catastrophes decades out.

Dressing for heat is easy....just wear less and have water and a hat and sunglasses!

A swimming pool helps!

Where I live we don't use pools, we mostly swim in the Mississippi, and when it gets real hot there is a pool in a local trout stream that the water temp never gets above sixty. That is both shocking and refreshing.

I hate it when the ground is too hot to go barefoot. And here in Wisconsin that does not happen often.

If the A.I. doesn't kill us first.

My money is on the aliens. They no doubt inspired Hillary to hire lawyers to create a fake spy document to turn this whole nation towards looking for fake Trump/Russian collusion.

I dont dispute that we are experiencing a warming trend. I dispute that the cause can be determined with the amount of certainty being claimed nor are the predictions as definite as they claim.

And no they do not accurately predict weather. They can tell you if it's likely to rain or not or if its gonna be cold or hot a few days out but that's it. That's a far cry from being able to predict global catastrophes decades out.

A couple years ago they predicted the paths of the Oklahoma tornadoes over 24 hours in advance.

They can now give over a twenty minute warning for tornadoes, when I was a kid we were lucky to have five.

The science is getting more accurate all the time.

Yeah more extremes are supposed to be part of the global warming thing. Hotter summers and colder winters. And more droughts and flooding. I believe in climate change I still think the exact cause is debatable at this point.

And a wilding fluctuating jet stream that may be a biproduct of GW will bring cold air down the trough side and pull warm air up the ridge side. Case in point. Was -22 here yesterday. Will be +55 on Monday.

As someone with a science background including meteorology in the Air Force, I have no doubt that pumping millions of tons of green house gasses into the atmosphere has an effect on the global atmosphere. It's documented C02 emissions have gone up since the Industrial Revolution began. That and all the manmade structures like roads and buildings replacing cooler natural surfaces help heat up the atmosphere.

Keep this mind: We know volcanoes have to ability to change climate but they only account for about 2 percent of greenhouse emissions. The other 98 percent are manmade.

My money is on the aliens. They no doubt inspired Hillary to hire lawyers to create a fake spy document to turn this whole nation towards looking for fake Trump/Russian collusion.

Sadly judging by your typical posts here I think you probably believe that.

A couple years ago they predicted the paths of the Oklahoma tornadoes over 24 hours in advance.

They can now give over a twenty minute warning for tornadoes, when I was a kid we were lucky to have five.

The science is getting more accurate all the time.
I dont dispute that they are getting better at it as they learn more but that dont negate anything I said.

They just found a dude frozen in his back yard about a half-mile away from me. Just hitting the news here now.

It's the coldest temps I have ever experienced in my 62 years on this planet.

But I have 5 lbs. of stone crab claws, some Riverwest Stein and two turn-tables and a microphone. Where it's at!

Bring it Old Man Winter! You can suck my snotcicles!

Back
Top Bottom