• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deadly polar vortex blasts Midwest with coldest air in decades - live updates

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/polar-vortex-2019-01-30-winter-storm-jayden-latest-snow-storm-weather-live-updates/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seriously you people who live in the areas that are in the vortex please be careful. The temperature is deadly. With the wind chill is below -50 in some areas. Schools have been canceled in some areas. When the post office closes you know its cold. 60,000 people are without power I worry for them. It's hard to heat your home without electricity. Stay smart and safe. It's colder than Nancy Pelosi's heart. Meanwhile Dallas expects a high of 52 today.

Global warming democrat enthusiasts were wise to flee to Puerto Rico to avoid getting the government up and running again while the country suffered from a disastrous global warming setback.

Global warming democrat enthusiasts were wise to flee to Puerto Rico to avoid getting the government up and running again while the country suffered from a disastrous global warming setback.

What about ALL of the global warming republican enthusiasts ?

-4 outside right now. It’s supposed to be a balmy 10 degrees today as a high but we will see if that happens.

Not trying to pick a fight with anyone but I am curious how people who believe in awg explain this. If man is warming the planet and responsible for record highs how are we experiencing record lows too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just do some research. Scientists know exactly why this is happening, and it's because of AWG.

-4 outside right now. It’s supposed to be a balmy 10 degrees today as a high but we will see if that happens.

No thanks! Stay warm, stay safe.

That is why I live here in the desert (aside from being born here). Its been low 70's all week. It is worth the weeks of 110 degree temps we endure so that we have a mild witter.

Are you being obtuse? AWG is why this is happening.

From Phys.org

Science Says: Get used to polar vortex outbreaks

You can read the article, but my favourite part was:

"This symptom of global warming is counterintuitive for those in the cross-hairs of these extreme cold spells," Francis said in an email. "But these events provide an excellent opportunity to help the public understand some of the 'interesting' ways that climate change will unfold."

Are you being obtuse? AWG is why this is happening.

From Phys.org

Science Says: Get used to polar vortex outbreaks

You can read the article, but my favourite part was:

"This symptom of global warming is counterintuitive for those in the cross-hairs of these extreme cold spells," Francis said in an email. "But these events provide an excellent opportunity to help the public understand some of the 'interesting' ways that climate change will unfold."

And what should the weather be like instead, if you are claiming that this cold weather is due to AWGLBGTQ!

Just do some research. Scientists know exactly why this is happening, and it's because of AWG.
I do research it and I ask others questions. I'm open minded about it and remain persuadable in either direction. I lean toward a skeptic but not fully convinced.

I dont dismiss the science but it's far from settled. If it were settled and we had that complete of an understanding of our environment, at the very least, they would be able to more accurately predict the weather.

And what should the weather be like instead, if you are claiming that this cold weather is due to AWGLBGTQ!

No, we are saying these jet stream deviations are statistically more likely due to the weakened temperature gradient between the arctic and the lower latitudes. Pay attention.

No, we are saying these jet stream deviations are statistically more likely due to the weakened temperature gradient between the arctic and the lower latitudes. Pay attention.

Sorry, my attention span isn't very good for foolishness.

I would absolutely love to live in Alaska given the chance but my wife is not very fond of the cold and snow.

I believe some parts of Alaska are as temperate as my area of Nw Pa but my wife wouldn't listen when I tried to explain.

Yah Anchorage average temperature is something like ten degrees above Minneapolis.

I love Alaska and plan on moving there when my daughter graduates.

I do research it and I ask others questions. I'm open minded about it and remain persuadable in either direction. I lean toward a skeptic but not fully convinced.

I dont dismiss the science but it's far from settled. If it were settled and we had that complete of an understanding of our environment, at the very least, they would be able to more accurately predict the weather.

No, it’s pretty much settled that we are warming the planet, potentially to catastrophic levels.

Don’t you find it odd that the people who know the most about this are pretty much unanimous on this point?

No thanks! Stay warm, stay safe.

That is why I live here in the desert (aside from being born here). Its been low 70's all week. It is worth the weeks of 110 degree temps we endure so that we have a mild witter.

It was -32 real temp this morning, I will take that over 110 any day any time!!!

No, it’s pretty much settled that we are warming the planet, potentially to catastrophic levels.

Don’t you find it odd that the people who know the most about this are pretty much unanimous on this point?

According to leftist dreamers, the smartest people in the world supposedly know stupid humans have changed the weather but that human experts can change it back if given enough cash to work on it.

According to leftist dreamers, the smartest people in the world supposedly know stupid humans have changed the weather but that human experts can change it back if given enough cash to work on it.

Oh I doubt we can fix it, we maybe can slow the damage being done but that's about it.

Like George Carlin said, we are not going to save the planet, the planer is going to shake us off like a bad set of fleas...

Not trying to pick a fight with anyone but I am curious how people who believe in awg explain this. If man is warming the planet and responsible for record highs how are we experiencing record lows too?

They don't know. With "Climate Change" it's always "heads we win tails you lose". Extreme cold = proof of climate change. No extreme cold also = proof of climate change.

Except that "climate scientists" are not the smartest people in the world. They are to science what podiatrists are to medicine. If you don't have the grades and test scores to make it, you go with the backup plan.

Yah Anchorage average temperature is something like ten degrees above Minneapolis.

I love Alaska and plan on moving there when my daughter graduates.
Alaska fishing is the best!

No.

I’d explain why, but it’s clearly futile with you

They don't know. With "Climate Change" it's always "heads we win tails you lose". Extreme cold = proof of climate change. No extreme cold also = proof of climate change.

Waaaah!

It’s not fair that all the evidence is pointing in the same direction!

Back
Top Bottom