• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deadliest attack in a year kills 115 in central Baghdad

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A devastating truck bombing on a bustling commercial street in downtown Baghdad killed 115 people early Sunday, brutally underscoring the Islamic State group's ability to strike the capital despite a string of battlefield losses elsewhere in the country.

It was the deadliest terror attack in Iraq in a year and one of the worst single bombings in more than a decade of war and insurgency, and it fueled anger toward Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi.

Deadliest attack in a year kills 115 in central Baghdad

Ramadan in Ruins I'd say!

But obozo, the stupid putz that he is, says: We are Winning! :roll:

I think there were more terrorist attacks this year than in 2014. Maybe they're getting desperate especially since they lost fallujah.

If it is the case, they(ISIS) are losing territory then the group becomes more consolidated at least in Syria and Iraq. What is the excuse for not wiping them out yesterday?

Ramadan in Ruins I'd say!

But obozo, the stupid putz that he is, says: We are Winning! :roll:

actually, Isis is losing territory. They lost fallujah a month ago; that's the city they took before mosul and was notorious for terrorism and now they lost it. The last major city they gained in Iraq was ramadi in march 2015 after they lost Tikrit and they lost that city in the beginning of this year. The last city they took in Iraq was rutbah and they lost that too.

The news is portraying Isis as a plague which the Iraqi government is too disorganized to deal with effectively and this is one of the biggest reasons why I don't like Trump. What Trump won't tell you is that Isis is losing in Iraq and Syria. They are on their last legs in Libya and they have very little teritorry in Afghanistan thanks to constant sieging via the Afghan government and taliban.

Back
Top Bottom