• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deadliest attack in a year kills 115 in Baghdad

Didn't they hear Obama say that the terrorists are losing??

oooooooooomg and they are likely Muslims that died...I hope this will help some here to understand they will kill anyone, everyone, they don't care, they are crazy

What the hell is your point?

We'll play along. What is the point of your question?

She's trying to equate that because they will kill other Muslims, they aren't true Muslims themselves.

She's trying to equate that because they will kill other Muslims, they aren't true Muslims themselves.

I heard the statement differently. I heard _Sal say that the perpetrators were Radicalized Islamists who would kill anything and and everything, even members of their own "faith" to promote their new world order of fear, hate, death and domination." If that is what _Sal meant, I agree.

So Christian NRA Group + Trump's tweets = Islamic Terrorism.

Got it. :thumbs:

No you are thinking of the term "Work place Violence". Islam is a religion of peace. To even suggest that any of them might do something in regards to their religion is not only religist, it is also wrong. The only religion that does things based on their religion are Christians. There is no such thing as Islamic Terrorism because that implies a follower of Islam can do something bad. This is far from the truth. Check your privilege. Probably your white privilege at that.

I heard the statement differently. I heard _Sal say that the perpetrators were Radicalized Islamists who would kill anything and and everything, even members of their own "faith" to promote their new world order of fear, hate, death and domination." If that is what _Sal meant, I agree.

I took it the other way. I guess unless they respond we will never know.

No you are thinking of the term "Work place Violence". Islam is a religion of peace. To even suggest that any of them might do something in regards to their religion is not only religist, it is also wrong. The only religion that does things based on their religion are Christians. There is no such thing as Islamic Terrorism because that implies a follower of Islam can do something bad. This is far from the truth. Check your privilege. Probably your white privilege at that.

Be careful. Either your tongue or your cheek is going to get hurt really bad.:cool:

The Islamic extremists are not simply crazy. They have a goal and a purpose, and it is not just to spread hate and death. Their extreme, brutal terrorism is a means to an end. They want to end foreign military (and other) involvement in areas of the world that they consider their own. They also want to create strict Islamic theocracies in those same areas of the world. They are convinced that this is their best path to self-determination and elimination of Western dominance. If they win enough hearts and minds to carry out their violence, this battle will keep raging on indefinitely. I can't see how the West can possibly win this by military means alone when it is our military actions that further inflame their extremism. I'm afraid we are caught in a violent spiral in which too many innocent people will pay with their lives.

It's among the worst single bombings in more than a decade of war and insurgency and the dead includes at least 15 children. Just awful.

It's among the worst single bombings in more than a decade of war and insurgency and the dead includes at least 15 children. Just awful.

It seems like it can only get worse. As ISIS losses mount on armed battlefields the terror element of their activities will increase. More bombings. More dead Shiites. Note that thye don't usually bomb Sunni areas.

Which is stupid. Sunni and Shia and Wahhabist Muslims hate each other. Islam is no more a united front than Christianity is. Let's not forget the "Catholic/Protestant" problems in Northern Ireland, were those not true Christians because they killed each other?

It seems there is another attack just about every day.

I doesn't seem like the terrorists groups are getting smaller or on the run.

Does anybody believe what Obama says anymore?

It seems there is another attack just about every day.

I doesn't seem like the terrorists groups are getting smaller or on the run.

Does anybody believe what Obama says anymore?

Never did, never have, never will. "If his mouth is moving,.........."

The Islamic extremists are not simply crazy. They have a goal and a purpose, and it is not just to spread hate and death. Their extreme, brutal terrorism is a means to an end. They want to end foreign military (and other) involvement in areas of the world that they consider their own. They also want to create strict Islamic theocracies in those same areas of the world. They are convinced that this is their best path to self-determination and elimination of Western dominance. If they win enough hearts and minds to carry out their violence, this battle will keep raging on indefinitely. I can't see how the West can possibly win this by military means alone when it is our military actions that further inflame their extremism. I'm afraid we are caught in a violent spiral in which too many innocent people will pay with their lives.

I think everybody would agree that it is impossible to eradicate evil on this earth of ours. I think that the best we can hope for is properly managed containment. I agree with you that the west can not win the war against radical islam with military might alone. The military approach should be one tine in a three or four pronged fork approach to their defeat.

As with Germany in WWII, every storm trooper was the son of two parents. Parents know what their sons are doing. Some parents did not approve of their sons Nazi loyalties. In France, many fought guerilla wars against the Nazis. There are books full of examples how over the years we have defeated our enemies from within. Diplomacy is the weak sister, but still has a place. The key to full, undisputed victory, however, is being totally and completely dedicated and committed to the defeat of your enemy. You have to have the stomach for it. We all know that there are Americans, even members here, who don't have the stomach for victory. Maybe they don't have grandchildren. Maybe they have been disenfranchised. Maybe they are closet communists and want for us to be defeated. That matters not. In my heart, I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that this country is full to boiling over with patriots who know what has to be done.

The ONE key ingredient is LEADERSHIP. We need leaders in every corner of our Great Nation who are willing to "tell it like it is" and to "call a spade." Political correctness is our enemy. Cowardice is our enemy. When they are defeated, the rest will be easy.

May God Bless The United States of America. Happy 4th of July Brothers and Sisters. The journey to victory begins with the first step.

exactly right

no I wasn't, the point is exactly what I SAID: I hope this will help some here to understand they will kill anyone, everyone, they don't care, they are crazy

They will kill anyone, but their primary targets are non-muslims.

Back
Top Bottom