• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dead or Alive $2 million US Dollars

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Should we target this guy with our drones or try to assassinate him for this broadcast?

In an audio message released yesterday, Zawahiri laid out a plan of attack, saying he wanted a "few of the brothers" to commit small-scale strikes to trigger big spending by Washington on security, while awaiting the opportunity for a major onsalught later.
"We should bleed America economically by provoking it to continue in its massive expenditure on its security, for the weak point of America is its economy, which has already begun to stagger due to the military and security expenditure," he said.

Keeping America in such a state of tension and anticipation only required a few disparate attacks "here and there", he said.

"As we defeated it in the gang warfare in Somalia, Yemen, Iraq and Afghanistan, so we should follow it with ...war on its own land. These disparate strikes can be done by one brother or a few of the brothers."

At the same time, Muslims should seize any opportunity to land "a large strike" on the United States, even if this took years of patience, he said in the audio speech, which was broadcast on an Internet forum used by jihadist groups and lasted 72 minutes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...attacks-on-US-in-911-speech-to-followers.html

I am not sure why there would be a question here. We should kill the guy by any available means that didn't lead to innocent people also being killed colaterally. The only better option would be to capture him alive so he could be interrogated before we kill him.

If he weren't associated with a group that was responsible for many acts of mass murder around the world, I'd probably have a different view. But, to be clear, that is the reason we should kill him.

Should we target this guy with our drones or try to assassinate him for this broadcast?

Depends on whether or not he is gay. If he is gay, we should protect him from the oppressive Christian persecution. If not, we should kill him.

Ya know Maggie? If we kill him, another one will pop up to fill the void, and that will go on and on and on. The way things are looking, we may eventually just have to have a real war with no holding back, on a huge scale, because I don't see that what we are doing can have any lasting value at all. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I won't be surprised if it does. We just keep trying to put out little brushfires here and there. It's a losing strategy.

Well if Zawihiri is a planner of terror attacks, a trainer or terrorists, a bomb designer then he is a legit target. This just looks like smack talk.

His 'plan' is neither a plan or anything new. I don't see how anyone who wasn't already working in the attack direction was encouraged or shown what to do.

He is just the flip side of those who claim Islam is a perverted religion and must be wiped from the face of our planet.

yup sooner than you know the Wal-Mart door greeter will be giving you cavity searches before you are allowed to get inside to buy them tube socks.
The store to home grocery business is be absolutely booming and shares in FedEx, UPS & DHL are through the roof bringing all those online purchases to your homes. The one odd thing was Home Depot, they realized early on you'd not UPS that bag of mortar so they contacted ELAL‎ and learned the proper way to screen for potential terrorists...

Its ironic, the "bleed the economically" statement. The irony is it was the plan used by Ronald Reagan to bring down the evil empire and end the cold war. Star Wars, at the time, was just a pipe dream used to make the Russians spend billions on defense they didn't have - break them financially. These guys want to force us to break our bank on security. Funny the left in America doesn't think the "bank" can be broken - they just keep printing it up.

Al-Qaeda chief calls for attacks on US in 9/11 speech to followers - Telegraph

yanno it's true The Left and Al-Qaeda ARE on the same side ;)

This is what we have DELTA and SEAL teams for. Let them do their jobs.

I think we should catch these guys and start sending them to Russia by the boat loads.

Ya know Maggie? If we kill him, another one will pop up to fill the void, and that will go on and on and on. The way things are looking, we may eventually just have to have a real war with no holding back, on a huge scale, because I don't see that what we are doing can have any lasting value at all. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I won't be surprised if it does. We just keep trying to put out little brushfires here and there. It's a losing strategy.

Perhaps we are going about dealing with this declaration of Jihad bassackwards. This terrorist moron is calling on Muslim brothers to carry out these "holy war" attacks, so we should turn the tables on him by playing to the same audience - make our own announcement that the U.S. response to any such attack will be the total destruction of Mecca, the holiest site in all of Islam. This will likely help the "good Muslims" to see these terrorist morons as a real threat to Islam and give them a very good reason to put a stop to them.

nah dude the other Moslems either sympathize or are afraid of the non-moderate Moosies
I really can't figure out what will have to take place for the west to finally admit that we are at war with Islam

eao3gi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom