• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dead kids and dead innocent people are the price of liberty [W:80]

No liberty is the price of doing things in the name of safety.

I'd prefer Liberty over an illusion of safety.
Countries without guns are countries with fewer murder rates. Look at Japan.

I'm not a conservative, but no, you're not right. I've never heard a pro 2A person say it like that. Misrepresentation and sensationalism doesn't fix anything. If only it could...

Sensationalism:

A word not often used by liberals on here when describing a thread created by another liberal.

Stunned.

Sensationalism:

A word not often used by liberals on here when describing a thread created by another liberal.

Stunned.

OlNate is one of the more level headed and fair progressives around here. It's a nice change isn't it?

Dead kids and dead innocent people are the price of Liberty?

Don't they make up the majority of democratic voters?

Do you understand what it took for Japan to get to where it is today? Do you understand that Japan's intentional death rate is still higher than that of the US?

Conservatives THREATENED kids who advocated for gun control to save their own lives. Their actions speak louder than their words.

Nothing I said was wrong. Conservatives would rather see kids die than have gun restrictions.

Zal...my dude. You were wrong the moment you started generalizing.

ALL YOU DP CONSERVATIVES OUT THERE: Show of hands (or hit reply), how many of you threated kids for protesting guns? I don't mean called them dumbasses or spoiled brats or shills or whatever, who of you actually threatened those children, please let us know, for statistical purposes.

Follow up question: How many of you think threatening children for exercising their 1A rights is a good thing?

(Replies will also be accepted if you'd like to speak out against these things)

"Conservatives would rather see kids die than have gun restrictions" is sensationalism. I would suggest trying to make this a Left vs Right thing is inaccurate, since there are plenty of folks on the Left, myself included, that understand two things:

1) Responsible gun use is not the problem, guns are not the root cause, therefore trying to stop either will lead only to more (not saying incremental, just continued) death and disappointment.

2) If stopping kids from dying is the goal, then we need to stop taking the easy way out, aka braying about guns and patting ourselves on the backs for a job well done despite a complete lack of results and the fact that responsible gun owners in America are constitutionally guaranteed to thwart such efforts, and look at root causes, and solutions that will actually address the problem.

I won't demonize or mock you, I believe completely that your intentions are noble, even if your methodology is a bit lazy. But being inflammatory to the folks who you need to work with to come up with a real solution isn't going to get any of us anywhere.

Why have a Draft when you can have crazy gunmen running around killing innocent Americans? Because if they couldn't, we wouldn't be free, right?

Give me liberty and give them death!

Ain't I right, Conservatives?

We don't have legal crazy gunmen running around killing people. Newsflash, it is illegal to run around killing people. Yes we do have illegal crazy gunmen killing people and so we need to work to stop that.

So the only factor that you want to look at is whether or not they have guns. You don't care about factors of whether or not they have the amount of organized crime and gangs that we have or the fact that they are largely monocultural.

No no no because those variables don't fit the gun control narrative.

so what happens with our country if we make guns illegal is the gangsters just keep their guns and continue murdering one another. Because they are criminals they don't obey laws.

This criminal organizations that exist in far greater numbers in the US than anywhere else weren't magically spawned because of guns.

Since the criminal organizations such as games are responsible for over half of murders to say it's because of the gun is to lie to yourself and to be willfully blind of the variables that you don't want to be responsible or at least contributing to the issue.

So go on and tell me about how these countries that are island nations and have pretty much a very homogeneous culture are these wonderful examples we should follow. My question to you is who in the US should be ethnically cleansed?

So the only factor that you want to look at is whether or not they have guns. You don't care about factors of whether or not they have the amount of organized crime and gangs that we have or the fact that they are largely monocultural.

No no no because those variables don't fit the gun control narrative.

so what happens with our country if we make guns illegal is the gangsters just keep their guns and continue murdering one another. Because they are criminals they don't obey laws.

This criminal organizations that exist in far greater numbers in the US than anywhere else weren't magically spawned because of guns.

Since the criminal organizations such as games are responsible for over half of murders to say it's because of the gun is to lie to yourself and to be willfully blind of the variables that you don't want to be responsible or at least contributing to the issue.

So go on and tell me about how these countries that are island nations and have pretty much a very homogeneous culture are these wonderful examples we should follow. My question to you is who in the US should be ethnically cleansed?
What a load of irrelevant arguments. The reason those countries don't have problem is they don't have guns.

Let's deal in facts instead of your silly feels, shall we?

The States With The Most Gun Laws See The Fewest Gun-Related Deaths

Those are the facts. Your turn.

Do you understand what it took for Japan to get to where it is today? Do you understand that Japan's intentional death rate is still higher than that of the US?
Did you know that, in your universe, the sun is blue?

Zal...my dude. You were wrong the moment you started generalizing.

ALL YOU DP CONSERVATIVES OUT THERE: Show of hands (or hit reply), how many of you threated kids for protesting guns? I don't mean called them dumbasses or spoiled brats or shills or whatever, who of you actually threatened those children, please let us know, for statistical purposes.

Follow up question: How many of you think threatening children for exercising their 1A rights is a good thing?
Actions speak louder than words... these reich wingers never condemn that behavior. Oh and look at how no one even responded to you, LOL!

We don't have legal crazy gunmen running around killing people. Newsflash, it is illegal to run around killing people. Yes we do have illegal crazy gunmen killing people and so we need to work to stop that.
Take guns away from right wing crazies, cut down severely on the killings.

Did you know that, in your universe, the sun is blue?

I guess you're satisfied with the Tokugawa Shogunate method of gun control, where all civil rights are dissolved and the penalty for possession of a gun, or talking back to authority, is summary execution.

Go for it. Let us know how many you get.

I suspect if he started trying to seize guns from owners, he'd make it in the next addition of the Darwin Awards.

I suspect if he started trying to seize guns from owners, he'd make it in the next addition of the Darwin Awards.
LOL if the government actually decided to come for your guns they'd use drones to bomb the ones who don't comply. Your assault rifles won't be able to hit aircraft. Nor can they stop tanks.

Lefties killed more humans yesterday before 10am through abortion than all of the crazy gunmen combined. I guess they are ok with killing kids as long as its not with a gun...

Please give us a number to support your effed up claims. How many abortions have we lefties done before 10am? And BTW - how do you know it is only lefties that have abortions. I read that Ivana trump had several abortions because donny ordered her to.

Go for it. Let us know how many you get.

If we take guns away from the rightwing nutjobs , there will be much less killings. And there will be more inbreeding cos they won't have guns to play with anymore. Well besides guns, drugs and booze - what else do rightwing nutjobs enjoy doing? Effing their daughters and nieces.

What a load of irrelevant arguments. The reason those countries don't have problem is they don't have guns.
Prove it.

Let's deal in facts instead of your silly feels, shall we?
I stated facts. The fact that Japan is a homogenous culture with no boarders. You think those facts are feelings?

Or are you just doing everything you can to dismiss variables that don't affirm your narrative?

Please give us a number to support your effed up claims. How many abortions have we lefties done before 10am? And BTW - how do you know it is only lefties that have abortions. I read that Ivana trump had several abortions because donny ordered her to.
Oh come on now, Alex Jones said it, so it's gotta be true! :lamo

LOL if the government actually decided to come for your guns they'd use drones to bomb the ones who don't comply. Your assault rifles won't be able to hit aircraft. Nor can they stop tanks.

A government that would deploy such weapons against it's own citizens should be resisted. If you want to live under such a regime why not just move to North Korea?

Back
Top Bottom