• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dead hard drive

I had my hard drive crash on me and lost the data, but I had most of it backed up. What I hadn't backed up, I could find elsewhere. I won't take anything to these so-called experts. They want a fortune for a PC that cost only $700 to build.

Regarding your problem with the PC not seeing the hard drive, check your BIOS system and see if the hard drive is still configured there.

So my 1TB hard drive disappeared on my PC this morning. I rebooted, but still gone. So I pulled it out. It has some age on it, and the PC runs 24/7. So it's doesn't show up in This PC or File Explorer. What's the chance of getting it back, or gaining access to it?
It's a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB hard disk drive.
Do you know whether the drive was getting power? Also, did you just reflash your BIOS?

Well.............................you Americans have to have a "truck" when you really dont need it, so why not have something like that at home??????? VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Not if we live on a farm, a truck is a useful item. How much lumber can you carry in your European roller skate? :ROFLMAO:

Not if we live on a farm, a truck is a useful item. How much lumber can you carry in your European roller skate? :ROFLMAO:
Well a farm sure.. but not in a suburban house and certainly not in a big city.

Well a farm sure.. but not in a suburban house and certainly not in a big city.
I fear that with the price of new pickup trucks in America, there are many Americans, who won't be buying new ones for quite awhile. But let's not hijack this thread and get back to dead hard drives. :D

Back
Top Bottom