• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC Police Find 5 Fetuses in Home of Anti-Abortion Activist Lauren Handy

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Lauren Handy is one of nine people accused of blocking access to a D.C. abortion clinic in 2020​

Washington, D.C., officers discovered five fetuses inside the Capitol Hill home where an anti-abortion activist lives, police say.

Police went to 28-year-old Lauren Handy's home in the 400 block of 6th Street SE on Wednesday afternoon to investigate a tip about potential bio-hazard material at the house, the Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement.

The medical examiner's office collected the fetuses, and police are investigating, the department told News4. No further information was available about the fetuses, including where they came from.

Handy is one of nine anti-abortion activists who were charged Wednesday with federal civil rights offenses after they blocked access to a reproductive health center and streamed it on Facebook, federal prosecutors said.

snip

The story was published 60 mins ago. What do you mean old news?
It's legal to keep fetal remains in your home?

Why was Lauren Handy arrested?​

The charges include violations of a federal law known as the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act, or the FACE Act, which prohibits physically obstructing or using the threat of force to intimidate or interfere with a person seeking reproductive health services.

I cannot fathom why someone would do this.

Sick assed talibornagains...

I cannot fathom why someone would do this.
Maybe Mr Anti-abortion was not as anti as he led people to believe? Perhaps he was trying to hide the evidence?

Last edited:
They stole fetal tissue before it was properly disposed of?

wtf?

I guess they do like publishing the most morbid-looking pictures they can find.

Last edited:
They stole fetal tissue?
Hopefully that's all they did. Otherwise the question become how they obtained possession of the fetuses.

Not the time for a fritter reference…..?

:cool:

How does someone get their hands on 5 aborted fetuses - question #1.

How does someone get their hands on 5 aborted fetuses - question #1.

There are biohazard regs to deal with. Sometimes a post-mortem is requested in cases of those aborted for severe congenital defects, etc. I stumbled on some sites mentioning ultrasound fetal footprints, if someone wants (and if anyone needed evidence that people getting abortions aren't callous/soulless bastards looking for an easy way out, there they have it).

There are reason they might be on site. No doubt frozen or a hair above frozen.

There are biohazard regs to deal with. Sometimes a post-mortem is requested in cases of those aborted for severe congenital defects, etc. I stumbled on some sites mentioning ultrasound fetal footprints, if someone wants (and if anyone needed evidence that people getting abortions aren't callous/soulless bastards looking for an easy way out, there they have it).

There are reason they might be on site. No doubt frozen or a hair above frozen.
I can understand why for medical reasons that there might be (as you mentioned, for the point of an autopsy, determining if the defect was genetic, if a mother/father runs the risk of a defect in future pregnancies, etc) but in a HOME?

That's not exactly "oh gee Sally, I just brought a little paperwork home from the office"

What's really sad is the fact for most of us who are still in touch with reality, this isn't shocking at all, it's almost expected. Meanwhile you also have the people who will interject their bullshit to try to muddy the waters about the facts that there are dead fetuses in her house. Maybe somebody was breaking into her house and putting them there without her knowledge?

So, she threw them in her freezer next to the broccoli in cheese sauce? Yeah, that's what I call grief, shock, anger and disgust.

We have em on display at the museum.

Prenatal Development

csm_You__Prenatal_001_308bb80b6f.jpg

A highlight of Your Beginning is the return of Prenatal Development, the Museum's timeless collection of 24 real human embryos and fetuses. Ranging from 28 days to 38 weeks, this timeline vividly captures the amazing stages of growth and development before birth. Originally donated to the Museum in 1939, the collection has been newly interpreted in a darkened gallery to allow for quiet reflection upon Your Beginning.

Background on the Exhibit

Collected in the 1930s by Dr. Helen Button with help from local hospitals, Prenatal Development contains specimens from the difficult times of the Great Depression. To the best of our knowledge, all failed to survive because of accidents or natural causes. Dr. Button obtained the parents’ permission to use these specimens as teaching tools.

Seeing them (at a young age on school field trips) was certainly something I will never forget.

Wonder if she thinks she has the right to steal ours. :unsure:

Why would she assume the fetuses had been aborted ?
If they were intact is more likely they had died in utero due to nature or a miscarriage.

An aborted fetus under 20 weeks gestation will be surgically removed which means it would be in pieces.

Miscarried fetuses are offen used to find the causes of the miscarriage.

Back
Top Bottom