• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC or Marvel?

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Marvel for movies
DC for TV
DC for comics (although Marvel has Star Wars)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC for comics, all they way! :thumbs:

Movies: Marvel, really nothing else to say
TV: I dunno, Agents of SHIELD and Daredevil were pretty good, but then again both shows are over. Never could get into DC shows
Comics: Both of them suck so bad right now.

I have been watching ARROW (DC series) on Netflix and it is one of the best I have ever seen. I shied away at first due to its 8 seasons with a total of 184 episodes but once I started watching, I could not stop. I am now into season 7 and only have 30 more episodes to watch and I am sad to think the series will end. I have been absolutely hooked on the series.

I also watched several Marvel series on Neflix (the Punisher, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Daredevil) and they were generally good but don't hold a candle to DC's Arrow

Just started reading the Hickman X-Men run that started last year. It's GOOD.

Check out Stargirl. Its first season was a collaboration between the Berlanti factory and the DC streaming service, though Season 2 will come from Berlanti alone and may plummet in quality.

DC for comics. While Marvel is awesome for comics, they have what is considered "the resurrection problem", where they keep bringing back characters (mostly villains) who died over and over and over again to the point where it's ridiculous. DC's done it, but no where near Marvel's level...except during the Blackest Night storyline, but those resurrections were temporary.

What helps DC is it also has Image Comics to thank for the Wildstorm Universe. However, the issue with Wildstorm is it alot of times required an "M for Mature" rating for some titles. The difference between the Wildstorm Universe and the Marvel & DC universes is in M & DC, the superheroes obey the law and don't get too big for their britches. In the Wildstorm Universe, the Super-Powered Beings (SPBs) as they are called don't give a fig about the law, thinking they are above it or outright think THEY are the law....and destruction ensues because of it.

As for TV/Movies, DC and Marvel are almost 50/50 for me. Marvel tips the scale because they have a better track record in regards to movies then DC (SvB DoJ, Suicide Squad and Justice League being their biggest flops)

DC for comics. While Marvel is awesome for comics, they have what is considered "the resurrection problem", where they keep bringing back characters (mostly villains) who died over and over and over again to the point where it's ridiculous. DC's done it, but no where near Marvel's level...except during the Blackest Night storyline, but those resurrections were temporary.

What helps DC is it also has Image Comics to thank for the Wildstorm Universe. However, the issue with Wildstorm is it alot of times required an "M for Mature" rating for some titles. The difference between the Wildstorm Universe and the Marvel & DC universes is in M & DC, the superheroes obey the law and don't get too big for their britches. In the Wildstorm Universe, the Super-Powered Beings (SPBs) as they are called don't give a fig about the law, thinking they are above it or outright think THEY are the law....and destruction ensues because of it.

As for TV/Movies, DC and Marvel are almost 50/50 for me. Marvel tips the scale because they have a better track record in regards to movies then DC (SvB DoJ, Suicide Squad and Justice League being their biggest flops)
Best series I have ever seen and will likely ever see is "Outlander". Absolutely the best!

I never really got into superhero stories except for Batman as a kid and more recently the Daredevil series on Netflix. But I do love graphic novels and there are plenty of great non-super hero stories out there.

Marvel for movies
DC for TV
DC for comics (although Marvel has Star Wars)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC. They make real movies, sometimes they’re great, sometimes they’re terrible. That’s what happens when filmmakers are allowed to take risks. Marvel is a factory that makes okay-good movies that look like TV episodes to me.*

*THis doesn’t apply to anything the RUssos have done. Those boys rock.

I tend to follow the writers, and Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis bend towards Marvel, . They also do a lot of indy stuff, which is most of what I like.

Also, I grew up with Wolverine and Punisher. Their MAX volumes are awesome, and Punisher MAX gives us the greatest comic origin story of all time.

Suicide Squad was without a doubt an aesthetic flop. But it made about 700 million after spending less than 200, so it didn’t flop at the box office— which is why there’s a sequel in the pipeline.

Marvel for comics, by far. DC has decent movies though.

Marvel for the movies, DC for the tv shows.

I don't care about comics

I used to think that it was Marvel that produced the more mature stories, but Watchmen and Constantine are pretty big rebuttals to that.

Vertical, Viz, Kodansha, Seven Seas, Yen are all superior to either Marvel or DC.

Back
Top Bottom