• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC Mayor vetoes super minimum wage

Exactly, but we call it being comapssionate and helping the poor. ;)
I more or less believe it to be a group of hard working people that do not wish to be on the welfare system that are gainfully employed by the private sector (and don't forget that those folks are not gainfully employed through the public sector.) and have to live like they're on the welfare system.

Whatever tax breaks that businesses like those get, I would most definitely charge them back taxes plus interest--and that's before they can get their money to an offshore account. ;)

I more or less believe it to be a group of hard working people that do not wish to be on the welfare system that are gainfully employed by the private sector (and don't forget that those folks are not gainfully employed through the public sector.) and have to live like they're on the welfare system.

Whatever tax breaks that businesses like those get, I would most definitely charge them back taxes plus interest--and that's before they can get their money to an offshore account. ;)

They are legal and offered by the congress critters that they offer campaign cash to. If you need $X to live comfortably do you really care what portion of $X comes from your paycheck and what protion of $X comes from General Welfare?

They are legal and offered by the congress critters that they offer campaign cash to.
Indeed. I never said they were not legal. If it was up to me they would be done away with. :thumbs:

Indeed. I never said they were not legal. If it was up to me they would be done away with. :thumbs:

Good luck. Be sure to re-elect those that have fixed that for you. ;)

Good luck. Be sure to re-elect those that have fixed that for you. ;)
Sorry. I do not re-elect or elect some of those republican lawmakers out in those western states that let people take their money offshore. ;)

I don't understand why so many people who claim to be fiscal conservatives approve of allowing businesses to pay wages so low that the government has to subsidize the worker's pay with food stamps.

Sorry. I do not re-elect or elect some of those republican lawmakers out in those western states that let people take their money offshore. ;)

The demorats have had congressional majorities and the POTUS yet seem to have forgoten to fix the tax code. All congress critters rely on "the rich" for campaign cash thus the federal tax code tends to toss them all manner of favors. That being the case the top 10% now pay 71% of all federal income taxes.

First it has to be reported though, right? ;)

Absolutely, that tax was paid on reported income. What is your point? Should more than 71% of total income taxes be paid on 43% of the reported total income?

Absolutely, that tax was paid on reported income. What is your point? Should more than 71% of total income taxes be paid on 43% of the reported total income?
If you are a US citizen it should be reported. And yes, I would tax the living daylights out of those folks.

Back
Top Bottom