• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DC: Greatest American

Who is the Greatest American of the Bunch?

• Benjamin Franklin - Inventor, Diplomat, Printer

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • George Washington - Father of the Country

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Martin Luther King, Jr. - Civil Rights Leader

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Ronald Reagan - President for a long time

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A. Lincoln - President during the American Civil War

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Arch Enemy said:
Do you know how easy it would have been for Abe if he just told his Generals to finish off the South?

You're telling me, the man who sold drugs as a middle-man in order to fund anti-communist cults, is better than the man who offically freed the slaves?

look here http://www.coldwarveterans.com/dates_in_cold_war_history.htm, are you going to tell me that we had these casualties and not even fire a shot? That's a bit too radical for United Statesians/ Americans.

Visit Here. http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/presidents/ronald-reagan/

But don't visit any where else on that site.. I'd rather you not see their nasty website, their library is valid and unique.

As many of you know, I'm against Politicans. I think the only thing worse than a politican is a movie star turned politican...

I used to kind of like Reagan- until I started learning about him. "Trees produce more pollution then cars." One of my favorite. I also like ketchup's a vegetable.

Pacridge said:
I used to kind of like Reagan- until I started learning about him. "Trees produce more pollution then cars." One of my favorite. I also like ketchup's a vegetable.

You know, it's kind of interestingly sad that you only found this stuff out recently?

Wait, so I'm the only one who voted for George Washington, but 3 people voted for Regan? Get some perspective people!

galenrox said:
Wait, so I'm the only one who voted for George Washington, but 3 people voted for Regan? Get some perspective people!

Reagan has an imagine that's completely different from who he really was and what he really did. He was able to come off as a friendly "grandfather" type. When read about his policies and decisions you find he's not the man people believe him to be.

But even as who we remember him to be, come on! GEORGE WASHINGTON DUDE! I mean, in remembering Reagan, he was a friendly grandfather who believed in family values, while Washington risked his life against GREAT odds to make this great nation, I mean, COME ON!

Pacridge said:
Reagan has an imagine that's completely different from who he really was and what he really did. He was able to come off as a friendly "grandfather" type. When read about his policies and decisions you find he's not the man people believe him to be.

Reagan was sure old, but not wise. :lol:

Pacridge said:

Of course not, that's why they call it :spin:

Just as Dubya and Rove are utilizing the same form of :spin: to make Dubya out to be the "great savior" of the nation. But if you look too closely you could find yourself :2sick1: :sick:

Here's why I don't like Reagan (as a president, I have no idea what he was like as a person):

1. His administration turned a blind eye to when Saddam Hussein was using chemical warfare... not to mention that during his era, we supported Saddam and essentially gave him his power. Also, some of the reasons he gave for supporting Saddam were "preserving access to oil and expanding US ability to project military power in the region." Oh yeah, and our sale of biological weapons to Saddam under Reagan's authority.
2. Iran-Contra Affair and supporting the war on Iran.
3. His envoys and people he worked with: Donald Rumsfeld and Oliver North.
4. One of his platforms that he ran on was cutting education and cutting funding to other social programs. (And he cut much more than that)
5. He raised the defense budget and did nothing to help poverty.
6. Reaganomics, feeding the rich and punishing the poor, and creating huge deficits. (He submitted the first trillion dollar budget to Congress)
7. He was antiunion, and during his presidency, unemployment rates reached the highest it had been since the Great Depression. (Not to mention the stock market crashed considerably)

Back
Top Bottom