• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC Circuit upholds mystery grand jury subpoena

The article does not speculate or contain any innuendo
The following meets the explicit definition of both:

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the subpoena of a mystery witness in a sealed case that earlier this year stirred speculation about a possible relationship with Mueller's grand jury.

Its 1 double edged sword because I do understand the need for secrecy under certain circumstances for an active investigstion.

However once its complete we need complete transparency and it needs to be reviewed with a fine tooth comb to ensure no abuses of power.

If any are found they need to be held to the highest level of accountability.

That imo is the check to that level of power. Sadly that accountability is also what we seem to lack

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any accountability we lack, because the mob rule that passes for accountability is too barbaric to qualify.

Reporting about said speculating is not necessarily speculating in and of itself.

Bull****. Speculation is speculation, repeating it or originating it. In other terms, its also called "GOSSIP" and should not be part of any professional reporter or editor's acceptable professional acts.

The press is getting more and more like my 90 year old mother-in-law with the "Oh my gosh" gossip that they continue to write.

I have no problem reporting the facts - as Sergeant Friday used to say: "Just the facts, Ma'am.". However, the speculation and innuendo is getting damned tiring.

And, the media wonders why we don't trust them that much anymore.

Question

Did you ever think that any candidate would be under so many investigations by the DOJ? I never thought it would be. And going out on a small limb, well really no limb at all, you make decisions based facts and truth.

Now to reiterate my time frame- Go back to Jan 16
You would never have thought a President would be under/related to so many investigations
The press is not the issue, the number of investigations Trump is under are 17 at last count are. The guilty pleas are.

Dumb ass Dems think this is all about Trump. And it is to a point, the other point is the utter corruption of US Politics.
From FARA, donations, lobbyists, to Super Pacs and hidden monies.
Money buys access, for the Corps, rich, special interests

My guess? Deutsche Bank or Alfa Bank

Could be, though I like the ME for the past few years, but Russian money flowing out of Russia, yes I am in for DB

The press is getting more and more like my 90 year old mother-in-law with the "Oh my gosh" gossip that they continue to write.

I have no problem reporting the facts - as Sergeant Friday used to say: "Just the facts, Ma'am.". However, the speculation and innuendo is getting damned tiring.

And, the media wonders why we don't trust them that much anymore.

Why don’t you get your MIL to sign up; seems like she would be more fun than you to engage with.

:mrgreen:

Bull****. Speculation is speculation, repeating it or originating it. In other terms, its also called "GOSSIP" and should not be part of any professional reporter or editor's acceptable professional acts.

What planet do you live on???? Reporting is not all about facts, figures, and dry numbers. Reporting is also about story-telling, narratives, and yes speculation.

A story about celebrities fighting with each other will not have any facts unless there's recorded evidence. Even then the reporter may not know all the circumstances that led to the celebrity fight. Therefore they will have to ask friends and family about what's been going on. Then they will have to confirm what's going on. Sometimes, the reporter will report the fight (if it's big enough) and then elaborate in a bigger piece later on. if there's not much to it and can be fact-checked pretty quickly. They will just update their own article.

You clearly have no idea how any of this works.

Question

Did you ever think that any candidate would be under so many investigations by the DOJ? I never thought it would be. And going out on a small limb, well really no limb at all, you make decisions based facts and truth.

Now to reiterate my time frame- Go back to Jan 16
You would never have thought a President would be under/related to so many investigations
The press is not the issue, the number of investigations Trump is under are 17 at last count are. The guilty pleas are.

Dumb ass Dems think this is all about Trump. And it is to a point, the other point is the utter corruption of US Politics.
From FARA, donations, lobbyists, to Super Pacs and hidden monies.
Money buys access, for the Corps, rich, special interests

My comment has nothing to do with Trump, as the article should not have been either, given the COMPLETE lack of evidence of Trump or Trump associates or Mueller.

That said, I had a feeling that Trump would be Impeached and Removed from Office if he were elected President. There are a number of posts of mine on this forum saying just that. I also said that I thought that there were enough Republicans in the Senate that given the evidence would vote to remove him from office, versus Hillary who would have the entire Democratic party to protect her.

I hate Trump and the fact that he is the POTUS to the point that I've gotten where I can't stand to watch the news much at all anymore.

A direct answer to your question about the number of investigations... no, I hadn't a clue it would be this in-depth, which concerns me about whether Mueller has gone too far afield in a way that could harm any potential case against Trump by bolstering any defense using Mueller and "witch hunt" as an excuse.

Last edited:
Why don’t you get your MIL to sign up; seems like she would be more fun than you to engage with.

:mrgreen:

She probably would, if she could use a computer. I still haven't been able to convince her that the number of minutes on her phone don't matter since we have an unlimited plan, and that no... the battery running out doesn't mean you ran out of minutes, it means you didn't charge your phone.

However, she does have more friends than I do, so there is that.

What planet do you live on???? Reporting is not all about facts, figures, and dry numbers. Reporting is also about story-telling, narratives, and yes speculation.

A story about celebrities fighting with each other will not have any facts unless there's recorded evidence. Even then the reporter may not know all the circumstances that led to the celebrity fight. Therefore they will have to ask friends and family about what's been going on. Then they will have to confirm what's going on. Sometimes, the reporter will report the fight (if it's big enough) and then elaborate in a bigger piece later on. if there's not much to it and can be fact-checked pretty quickly. They will just update their own article.

You clearly have no idea how any of this works.

Seeing no difference between the professional standards of the National Inquirer and NBC news, or between Alex Jones and a reporter for the Wall Street Journal, is why we find ourselves here in the first place.

The press should not be in the speculation or entertainment business.

Seeing no difference between the professional standards of the National Inquirer and NBC news, or between Alex Jones and a reporter for the Wall Street Journal, is why we find ourselves here in the first place.

The press should not be in the speculation or entertainment business.

But they are...if you can't tell the difference between those outlets. The majority of that problem is yours.

Back
Top Bottom