• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Daytona commissioner arrested for ballot fraud

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Daytona commissioner arrested for ballot fraud

Daytona Beach City Commissioner Derrick Henry and his campaign manager were arrested Wednesday, charged with committing absentee ballot fraud during Henrys 2010 re-election campaign.

The arrest of Henry and Genesis Robinson comes a little more than two months after Volusia County Supervisor of Elections Ann McFall requested an investigation into irregularities in absentee ballot requests coming into her office.

Henry also had requested an absentee ballot for his niece, listing her address as a home registered to Henry that was located within Zone 5. But investigators discovered that even though the niece used the absentee ballot to vote in the Zone 5 race, she actually lives at a different location in the city, outside of Zone 5. Investigators also spoke to several others who confirmed that they hadn’t asked for an absentee ballot and had no idea that the Henry campaign had requested a ballot for them.

For the partisan hacks out there (you know who you are), I don't know if this guy is a Republican or a Democrat, and I honestly don't care. This is fraud and I hope they throw the book at him.

Good to see something was done about it. Voter fraud is a serious issue.

Last edited:
I was outraged at this story, but then I noticed a link at the top of the news story to "Lingerie Football."

Voter fraud, yes.... how.... bad....things...

Him and the other guy are both black. With 98% of the black population voting democrat in the last election I am 98% sure he is an democrat.

Just so you know 98% of the 35% of the population that voted doesn't mean he is a Democrat. Regardless stuff like this it doesn't matter what the Party name is. Stuff like this has to be taken seriously.

When 98% of the 35% are in fact of one race the chances of him being a democrat is what I would call a sure bet.

I phrased my first statement wrong. When 35% of the entire population vote, then 98% of blacks out of the 35% of the general population does not mean he is a Democrat. Granted it doesn't mean he isn't a Democrat either. But when people say 98% of blacks vote a certain way it is just 98% of blacks from those that voted. The number is much smaller than what people try and make it out to be.

He's a Dem, but it doesn't matter. Fraud is fraud.

Truth. My point was you can't say just because 98% of a certain demographic voting means the rest of the demographic votes that way, when in reality only 35% of the general public vote.

Back
Top Bottom