• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day Three Testimony and events.[W491]

I don't know if Shewolf agrees with you.

I suspect she would.. Communication is very important in rectifying misunderstandings. George chose to shoot instead.

Putting her testimony aside, he had the time and opportunity to return home, but chose not to. He put himself in that position as much as those of you on Martin's side that say Zimmerman did. Neither one of them prior to the point of their confrontation did anything illegal, and that's the reason why I find this argument completely irrelevant and meaningless to the question of whether George Zimmerman was acting in self defense or not.

George could have called the NEN.. and continued on to Target... There was no crime in progress.. otherwise he would have called 911.Consider your racism here. George had rights but Trayvon did not.

Re: Day 3 testimony

The 'stand your ground ' law is not relevant to this case. Zimmerman's defense is not invoking it.

You gotta love the way Sharon presents speculation as fact.

I suspect she would.. Communication is very important in rectifying misunderstandings. George chose to shoot instead.

So if someone were sitting on top of you beating the crap out of you, you would what? Ask him to please stop? What if he didn't listen?

No I mean this. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman used lethal force as a first resort (let's be honest here, Martin had to be able close the distance on Zimmerman unless he let him, if Zimmerman simply wanted to shoot Martin he could have done that far outside of melee range) There is no evidence that he did not try to communicate and de-escalate the situation first.

If one were to simply read your post on this matter ( and ignore everything else) one would leave with the impression that Zimmerman pursued Martin with the sole intention of shooting him, chased Martin down as he ran for his life (laughable that Zimmerman would ever catch Martin in foot chase) and then somehow spun him around and shot him in the chest, while cleverly setting it up to look like self defense.

You consistently jump to conclusions that are not supported by evidence.

Zimmerman very well could have wrongly killed Martin but I have not yet seen sufficient evidence to draw that conclusion.

What I have seen on here and in the media is not a desire to know the facts so much as a desire to influence the outcome by shaping people's opinion on the matter.

No
What I have seen on here and in the media is not a desire to know the facts so much as a desire to influence the outcome by shaping people's opinion on the matter.

You are avoiding the elepahant in the room. The case has become political. If you are a liberal Democrat, Zimmerman is guilty. Period. And why is that? Democrats need that straight line black vote.

George was lucky to have such a choice.

George was lucky to have such a choice.

Trayvon Martin had a choice too. He did not need to attack George Zimmerman.
There is no evidence that Zimmerman physically threatened him in any way.

Trayvon Martin had a choice too. He did not need to attack George Zimmerman.
There is no evidence that Zimmerman physically threatened him in any way.

That's another thing that Martin supporters can't come to grips with.

Trayvon had NO history of violence.. and the SPD, FDLE and FBI determined that he was doing nothing unlawful. I have never had a problem with black teens in the neighborhood.. I just say good evening. Behaving in a menacing fashion never works for anyone.

your attempt at misdirect is noted.
First time for everything, Sharon. Even you have admited of getting aggressive with a kid.
You did not address the question of why would a teenager go after someone.

You're supporting your opinion based on someone else's opinion? There's a name for this logical fallacy. It's called an appeal to authority.

I can play that game too. I just watched Jeffrey Toobin and Jane Weintraub. And both of them called her sincere and said that they believed her.

Weird, how that won't convince you, what with your stone cold objectivity in this case.
Wow, talk about grasping.
Well you are wrong and are just ridiculously trying to bolster your position.
Providing examples and stating I can show her tweets is not an appeal to authority.

Back
Top Bottom