• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3) [W:432]

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Wednsday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

Re: Day 8 testimony (Wednsday 7/3)

Good Morning my fellow armchair attorneys and commentators!

Am I understanding properly, that George actually had enough credits to graduate?

I don't agree that the judge should use Z's school records to proof he is a wannabe cop............then to be fair, bring in TM's school records to prove he is a trouble making thug, who was caught with a tool , that could be used for break-ins, all kinds of jewerly that he didn't know where he got it, calling white people "crackers". Sounds fair to me.

I don't agree that the judge should use Z's school records to proof he is a wannabe cop............then to be fair, bring in TM's school records to prove he is a trouble making thug, who was caught with a tool , that could be used for break-ins, all kinds of jewerly that he didn't know where he got it, calling white people "crackers". Sounds fair to me.

The state is in *control damage* mode thus, the grasping at straws *mode*

OK, see it coming...she is going to let it in...........I think this judge was bias from the beginning.

I despise that pejorative statement: Wanna' Be Cop. It has no place in this trial, in my opinion.

Hm...I'm not sure his school stuff being admitted is bias. I do think Trayvon's past should be brought up to since it could shed light on what might have been going through his brain that night.

Hm...I'm not sure his school stuff being admitted is bias. I do think Trayvon's past should be brought up to since it could shed light on what might have been going through his brain that night.
I do too! I meant that the judge was on the state's side from the beginning. I do NOT think she is fair.

I don't see it as really that relevant to the murder2 charge itself, but It just did one thing for sure... Even if the judge came back now and changed her mind and the jury never saw anything about it, every one in America still did... So anyone out there who has speculated about whether there would be rioting should Zimmerman be found not guilty, speculate no more... Rioting is not only "in the bag" should he be acquitted, but this is now going to be much more than a just Sanford issue.

I do too! I meant that the judge was on the state's side from the beginning. I do NOT think she is fair.

Most home burglars eventually get caught and sent to prison. Not shot in the yard.

The state is in the "throw everything at the wall" mode. They are desperate for something to stick.

Most home burglars eventually get caught and sent to prison. Not shot in the yard.

Are you saying Martin was a burgler?

I must have missed that testimony this morning... Wait, nobody has testified, so I'm very confident that has nothing to do with todays testimony.

That is absolute nonsense. She is not going to derail her career for George or Trayvon.. or the State.

She is no nonsense and strictly by the book.

OMara has had months to prepare.. Instead he was giving press conferences and messing with social media.

Any bets as to when we are going to have the first "Zimmerman planned the murder" post on this forum?

That is absolute nonsense. She is not going to derail her career for George or Trayvon.. or the State.

She is no nonsense and strictly by the book.

OMara has had months to prepare.. Instead he was giving press conferences and messing with social media.

So far, his preparation has worked perfectly. George Zimmerman has done a fine job of testifying without going on the stand and being subject to cross.

Note: No cross. Defense doesn't believe it's even significant.

Are you saying Martin was a burgler?

I must have missed that testimony this morning... Wait, nobody has testified, so I'm very confident that has nothing to do with todays testimony.

Zimmerman thought that Martin was possibly a burglar. That's how this whole thing got started.

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill. - See more at: Florida Second Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

Hmmmmm so let's see, the state will argue that since George Zimmerman had interest in becoming a police officer he was acting with a "depraved mind".

Sorry but does this reflect directly on police officers having a "depraved mind"???? <g>

Hmmmmm so let's see, the state will argue that since George Zimmerman had interest in becoming a police officer he was acting with a "depraved mind". Sorry but does this reflect directly on police officers having a "depraved mind"????

Trying to portray him with the pejorative of Wanna' Be Cop.

Say that to one's relative who's taking classes in the hopes of becoming a police officer: "You're just a wanna' be cop." Ridiculous. Ridiculous!

I realize the defense doesn't want to give this guy's testimony any weight. Probably right. But, if anything, I think it should show that George Zimmerman had a goal he was working towards and then cause people to ask, "Just how likely is it that GZ would have done anything to jeopardize that?"

Zimmerman thought that Martin was possibly a burglar. That's how this whole thing got started.

Just as I thought... I just wanted to be sure that you were in fact asserting that Zimmerman hunted down Martin and murdered him because he looked like a black criminal, and the all actual evidence that's been presented showing that wasn't the case, has been disregarded by you... Have a nice day now.

I thought they took out the "bad credit" thing?

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill. - See more at: Florida Second Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

Hmmmmm so let's see, the state will argue that since George Zimmerman had interest in becoming a police officer he was acting with a "depraved mind".

Sorry but does this reflect directly on police officers having a "depraved mind"???? <g>

Everyone known that the pigs are hired killers for "the man"... Just ask any Black Panther.

Would now be a good time to mention Trayvon's propensity to do things that were ... um ... illegal?
No? Okay. How about how a particular cable news channel that shall be nameless (and viewer-less) has gone completely pro-prosecution?
No? Okay. How about how certain folks are stoking race-hatred violence unless there's a conviction?
No? Oh well.

Any bets as to when we are going to have the first "Zimmerman planned the murder" post on this forum?

I think you are the first.

Back
Top Bottom