• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 7 testimony ( Tuesday 7/2)

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Monday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Monday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Th
x
think you intended to say TUESDAY morning

This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Tuesday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Thx

LOL Prosecution ALREADY attempting to CYA for Serino saying "he believed George Zimmerman was truthful"

Now the state is making petty attempts to include testimony they obtained without the defense.

What do you think the chances are that the jury will actually ignore the lead detective saying something along the lines of "I felt Zimerman was tellng the turth"? Put yourself in their shoes... that would be a difficult one.

Now the state is making petty attempts to include testimony they obtained without the defense.

more gamesmanship
defense blew off their opportunity to appear at a deposition
and now wants the state to make an accommodation for its failure to appear

Personally I don't think Perino needed to say that. His testimony showed same.

What do you think the chances are that the jury will actually ignore the lead detective saying something along the lines of "I felt Zimerman was tellng the turth"? Put yourself in their shoes... that would be a difficult one.

I was just going to post about that... I think it's out there and it can't be taken back... The jury heard it, and that's that.

So the statement "That doesn't even sound like me" wasn't a call for concern to the detective.

So the statement "That doesn't even sound like me" wasn't a call for concern to the detective.

Of course not... That's because it's him commenting on how he sounds, not him saying that he didn't believe that it was him screaming, like the Martin groupies have so dishonestly tried to claim.

Of course not... Tha's because it's him commenting on how he sounds, not him saying that he didn't believe that it was him screaming,

Right. So that can't be used by the prosecution to say "See? Even he doesn't believe it was him!"

Right. So that can't be used by the prosecution to say "See? Even he doesn't believe it was him!"

They'll try, I can't beleive the jury would ever give that argument any weight, though. It's ridiculous.

If they did, they would look as foolish as the people around here have trying to push that BS.

LOL Well at least O'Mara finally is publicly stating he's going to use a prosecution witness as one of his own!

Perino would be a great defense witness.

The "f-ing punks" comment was made after Martin stared him down, circled his truck, and then ran off.

I understand the "a-holes" comment was uncalled for, but after his actions I stated above, Z's comment at least had a basis.

LOL Well at least O'Mara finally is publicly stating he's going to use a prosecution witness as one of his own!

Perino would be a great defense witness.

I've always said from the start of this case last year that when the defense's best witnesses are law enforcement officers the state is screwed.

Nearly all the things I've said over the past year about the presentation of the case have come to pass.......

The "f-ing punks" comment was made after Martin stared him down, circled his truck, and then ran off.

I understand the "a-holes" comment was uncalled for, but after his actions I stated above, Z's comment at least had a basis.

I guess I don't comprehend why "a holes" comment is a challenge. His own domicile was robbed. He was projecting on Martin the potential he's a criminal, he's not personally speaking of Martin.

He didn't say ANY of the times......"this" a-hole, or "this" effin punk, he said "these". Now, we're going to be unable to "profile" a potential criminal??

So let me get this straight, if your neighborhood has had numerous break ins, you see a strange person in your neighborhood, you CANNOT suspect a criminal?

The whole point of his neighborhood watch job was to watch people and call NEN if he saw someone suspicious. That's what he did.

I guess I don't comprehend why "a holes" comment is a challenge. His own domicile was robbed. He was projecting on Martin the potential he's a criminal, he's not personally speaking of Martin.

Personally, I agree with you. I think it was just an expression, not a judgement on Martin and just an unfortunate use of language on his part.

It looks like the prosecution is actually trying today.

The whole point of his neighborhood watch job was to watch people and call NEN if he saw someone suspicious. That's what he did.

Actually, NW members are instructed just to call police. They are not supposed to confront the suspicious people they call the police about. In this case, there is no indication that he was trying to confront him, as he had numerous opportunities to do so prior to him running. Again, it seems obvious to me he just wanted to keep an eye on him so he could inform police when they arrived... Which he stated to the police during his questioning.

Oops... I'm getting off topic... Sorry

It should be abundantly clear from this case, when speaking with law enforcement never interject curse words in reference to anyone or they will be used against you. In fact never use derogatory language.

Back
Top Bottom