• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 6 testimony ( Monday 7/1)

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Monday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

OK... Is there anyone out there that still doesn't understand why not allowing those so called audio "experts" to testify was the right call?

OK... Is there anyone out there that still doesn't understand why not allowing those so called audio "experts" to testify was the right call?

Explain that - I'm behind.

When this guy first took the stand for the state, I thought to myself "This could be the witness that drops a bomb on the defense", but the more testimony he gives, the more he appears to be just as ineffective at bolstering the state's case as nearly every other witness has been.

When this guy first took the stand for the state, I thought to myself "This could be the witness that drops a bomb on the defense", but the more testimony he gives, the more he appears to be just as ineffective at bolstering the state's case as nearly every other witness has been.

He's clearing up the confusion and controversy... which is valuable.. and appropriate.

Remember, the defense already knew what he was going to testify to. Not many surprises in courtrooms anymore -- especially with the scope of this particular trial. And, of course, in the very beginning, the defense was more than happy to have him declared an Expert.

I can only assume, at this point, that he was brought in to show the jury that someone familiar with the voice can recongize it.

Not sure how this helps the state... Tracy originally said no. Sybrina says yes. The brother says not certain.

On the other side, we have a friend that recognzied George's voice right away. One of the neighbors (forget which) recognized the voice, George's dad recognized the voice.

He's clearing up the confusion and controversy... which is valuable.. and appropriate.

Possibly just to let the jury know why there won't be any voice recognition by experts.

That man on the stand is an forensic audio expert for the FBI with impeccable credentials in the field of voice analysis... He basically shot down in flames, anyone who claims they can analyze and determine who did or did not scream on that 911 call.

A quickie..

The state lined up 3 experts that claimed to be able to recognize the voice (and hear things no one else heard). The defense lined up experts (includig this guy) to show that it is impossible to recognize voice on this recording.

The judge weiged the evidence and decided that the voice experts would not be allwoed to testify on who was screaming for help.

So the jury won't be hearing anyone say "I know that's Trayvon's voice yelling for help"?

So the jury won't be hearing anyone say "I know that's Trayvon's voice yelling for help"?

No experts. Just family/friends.

It sure seems like this expert may have just turned on the prosecution.

To Z supporters, every witness has "turned" on the state...heheh.

Turned on?

I am curious, don't you think that the prosecution pretty much knew what he would testify to?

They probably just put him out there first to minimize any damage later.

Is there anything in his testimony that was not expected?

My comments were split between different threads.. so to clarify why this witness turned on the state:

They almost certainly put him on their in anticipation of calling Sybrina to have her say it was her son screaming for help. The expert indicated that people familiar with the individual and his voice can recognize the screams.

However, under cross, he acknowledged that playing the tape in front of a group (which is what was done with Trayvon's family) will introduce bias.

This will cause the jury to put less weight on Sybrina saying it was her son and will bring out that Tracy originalyl said it was not his son.

Turned on?

I am curious, don't you think that the prosecution pretty much knew what he would testify to?

They probably just put him out there first to minimize any damage later.

Is there anything in his testimony that was not expected?

Nope, they did not want him to testify to the introduction of bias. That's why they objected and it turned into a bench conference, where the state's obejection was overruled.

A quickie..

The state lined up 3 experts that claimed to be able to recognize the voice (and hear things no one else heard). The defense lined up experts (includig this guy) to show that it is impossible to recognize voice on this recording.

The judge weiged the evidence and decided that the voice experts would not be allwoed to testify on who was screaming for help.

This guy is a witness for the defense.. Do you understand the point of the testimony?

This guy is a witness for the defense.. Do you understand the point of the testimony?

Yes, I do. The beter question is... Do you?

no
please explain it for us

Back
Top Bottom