• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 6 testimony ( Monday 7/1)

I can't recall for certain, have any of the witnesses that testified so far claim that it sounded like a child scremaing? If so, that testimony has just been diminished too.

This guy is a witness for the defense.. Do you understand the point of the testimony?

No, he is a witness for the state... Everyone so far has been the states witnesses.

I can't recall for certain, have any of the witnesses that testified so far claim that it sounded like a child scremaing? If so, that testimony has just been diminished too.

Yes... Jane, the witness who lives north of the "T" identified the screams as being from Martin, solely on the basis that the screams sound to her like the were from a child.

Yes... Jane, the witness who lives north of the "T" identified the screams as being from Martin, solely on the basis that the screams sound to her like the were from a child.

The, to me, nutty lady. Thanks for confirming.

I've said it before and i'll probably say it again, so forgive me.. but this prosecution attorney (is it mantei?) just looks dopey to me.

he's dong his best to minimize the damage... IMO, it's not working at all.

I've said it before and i'll probably say it again, so forgive me.. but this prosecution attorney (is it mantei?) just looks dopey to me.

I could see him in a Valentine's day photo pictured with Rachel

:lol:

This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Monday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx
Is the court in recess? Your link shows only the state seal.

Based on what anybody has seen from the trial, have any of the state's witnesses directly contradicted GZ's self-defense defense?

Based on what anybody has seen from the trial, have any of the state's witnesses directly contradicted GZ's self-defense defense?

No.

George wasn't kidding with what he said during the voice analysis test.... She does have that look that will cause people to just listen. Very stern looking

No.

so what is going on here? Weren't these witnesses deposed? Are they saying different things than in their depositions?

Why would a prosecutor call a witness that is going to testify that he saw Martin pounding Zimmerman?

Nope.

I think this is where the prosecutors will start actually scoring a few points... I don't expect they will be anything game changing, but they might actually benefit more from this witness then the defense will for once.

Nope... They haven't even come close so far.

Late to the party. Going back to Nakasone, Mantai established through the expert that the only person who can identify a person’s voice in an extreme situation must be someone who has experienced that specific person cry or yell in a similar fashion. This eliminates most of the defense witnesses who claim it was George Zimmerman, and makes Martin's parents more credible.

Catching up on the rest.

I think this is where the prosecutors will start actually scoring a few points... I don't expect they will be anything game changing, but they might actually benefit more from this witness then the defense will for once.

I would suspect so too. Concentrating on teh inconsistent statements. Defense will probably have an expert, to counteract to some extent, IMO.

I would never 1: talk to the police without my lawyer present, or 2: give even as much detail that Z has so far in my statement.

Doris had tears in her eyes after lsitening to that... Might she be sympathetic to him?

Back
Top Bottom