• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 4 testimony [W:162]

Re: Day 4 testimony

I have been ignoring this thing but now that the trial has started I am paying more attention. This lady on the stand right now has the IQ of a milk cow.

I originally thought she was just being dishonest, but I agree that she obviously has some issues. Guess that explains a 20 year old HS senior.

Her testimony changed from one deposition to another. "Why are you following me?" First testimony under oath: "What are you talking about?" Second testimony under oath: "What are you doing here?" That is a salient point.

She was asked during a recorded interview if she thought GZ's actions were racially motivated, she said she thought it was. That portion of the interview is missing from the transcript. That is a salient point,

When asked WHY she thought it was racially motivated, she replied, paraphrased, "Because GZ was white." Another salient point.

When the state is trying to say GZ had a depraved mind . . . a total disregard for human life . . . her testimony is crucial. She is slowly being found incredible, in my opinion.

Her demeanor on the stand certainly isn't helping anything either.

Can you imagine what would happen if West said to her "we'll have you come back tomorrow"?

lol

Is she done? Or does the pross still have redirect?

Oh stop. You know he's not trying to get anything straight. He's trying to get her to say something that supports his client.
Getting it straight, is supporting his client.

Witnessing a bunch of adults here and elsewhere making fun of a learning disabled young lady because she heard something that hurts George Zimmerman is one of the sorriest spectacles I've ever seen. If what she heard was not devastating to Mr. Zimmerman we wouldn't be spending an entire day trying to badger her into submission and we wouldn't see people who should know better mocking her looks and cognitive disability.

I truly feel for her and I hope she gets some counseling after this is over.

For the people making fun of her, I hope they get counseling as well, for other reasons.

P.S. She's doing great.

This is a long 15 minutes.

Witnessing a bunch of adults here and elsewhere making fun of a learning disabled young lady because she heard something that hurts George Zimmerman is one of the sorriest spectacles I've ever seen. If what she heard was not devastating to Mr. Zimmerman we wouldn't be spending an entire day trying to badger her into submission and we wouldn't see people who should know better mocking her looks and cognitive disability.

For the people making fun of her, I hope they get counseling as well, for other reasons.

P.S. She's doing great.

I haven't heard of anyone claiming this girl to be "disabled"... As far as I can see, she is simply uneducated.

P.S. She's doing great.

Yeah a 20 year old high school senior who can't read and looks like she's going to stab everyone in the court room is doing real fantastic!

P.S. She's doing great.

Oh, please. She is the state's number one witness. If her testimony can be impeached, the state has nothing. She is being treated with respect in the courtroom and being given TONS of latitude. Anyone else would have been found in contempt of court yesterday.

I haven't noticed an inordinate number of people "making fun of her." Her disability is what it is. To discuss it isn't making fun.

I have been ignoring this thing but now that the trial has started I am paying more attention. This lady on the stand right now has the IQ of a milk cow.

Beat up on Rachel all you like.

There is no doubt she is a physically, emotionally and mentally challenged teenager who is obviously frustrated to be thrown into the world-wide spotlight, having lost a dear friend to a killer and having to contend with a mendacious and persnickety asshat of a trial lawyer

-- who is representing her lost friend's killer -- in what is now her third encounter, the first being a deposition which she was subpoenaed, was there as called, and waited at least 6 hrs before they cancelled without notice.

She's not on trial. Zimmerman is.

If it brings joy to ridicule her, go for it.

Oh, please. She is the state's number one witness. If her testimony can be impeached, the state has nothing. She is being treated with respect in the courtroom and being given TONS of latitude. Anyone else would have been found in contempt of court yesterday.

I haven't noticed an inordinate number of people "making fun of her." Her disability is what it is. To discuss it isn't making fun.

So saying she has the "IQ of a cow" isn't making fun? Yeah, right.

I haven't heard of anyone claiming this girl to be "disabled"... As far as I can see, she is simply uneducated.

It appears she obviously has a likely congenital medical condition of some form. Notice her mouth, tongue, overbite, and unusually large neck.

This was posted by dolphin, who *think* is a nurse.

"From my perspective, Ms Jeantel appears to have some form of macroglossia, i.e. an unusually large tongue, possibly congenital, that caused her to have speech impediment.

That's why most people would find her speech slurred and hard to understand. Most people would also have the impression that she is flippant, frustrated and slow up stairs. People also want to make fun of her being too old for high school.

But, when you have speech impediment and slow to express your thought and idea in a society that expects you to catch up like everybody else, unlike regular non-impaired kids who have no problem ...

That's why she tends to get frustrated with with long circular defense questions designed to ensnare her. And that's why she tends to avoid emotional situation where she was expected to tell her long story that she knows she couldn't handle in one long breath.

People [with her condition] are usually very direct, straightforward and simple in their thought and expression."

P.S. She's doing great.

The problem is, this is a legal trial, and should be determined based on facts, and not on feelings.

There is no doubt she is a physically, emotionally and mentally challenged teenager who is obviously frustrated to be thrown into the world-wide spotlight, having lost a dear friend to a killer and having to contend with a mendacious and persnickety asshat of a trial lawyer

-- who is representing her lost friend's killer -- in what is now her third encounter, the first being a deposition which she was subpoenaed, was there as called, and waited at least 6 hrs before they cancelled without notice.

Yeah, what a disgusting display we're seeing here.

Onto the substance, someone brought up a good point. Rachel called Martin back at around 7:12-7:13 after the phone cut off. By this time, Zimmerman was already out of the truck and running after him. It's possible that Zimmerman heard the phone chime and that's how he found Martin in the dark.

I originally thought she was just being dishonest, but I agree that she obviously has some issues. Guess that explains a 20 year old HS senior.

Yes this young lady is easily impressionable which the prosecution has tried to take advantage of... I kinda feel sorry for her more than anything else.

is it not important to make sure the testimony is the truth?

Would that be a 4 legged milk cow or a 2 legged one?

The problem is, this is a legal trial, and should be determined based on facts, and not on feelings.

She has a very limited set of facts that are backed up by the physical evidence. She heard him being chased, the NEN call tracks that precisely. She heard them talk to each other, that's backed up by witnesses.

I ask you: is there any concern that she could have been given a script to recite? Would a person like her be able to memorize a script and keep it consistent over a year?

She's being very truthful here, just with great difficulty in handling something like this. West isn't doing anything but badgering her. Her story is consistent.

People who are heaping abuse on her on message boards are the ones operating on emotion, not me.

What people may not realize is this witness compared to the others thus far, is a friend of Martin and has motivation to lie. Therefore her testimony has to be examined very extensively.

But yet Zimmerman don't?

The guy that pulled the trigger and taken another person life doesn't have a reason to possible lie to save his own ass?

I notice West is all but conceding her story and is now saying that the noise she heard of the start of the fight was actually Martin attacking Zimmerman.

So I guess she's telling the truth, huh?

Yes this young lady is easily impressionable which the prosecution has tried to take advantage of... I kinda feel sorry for her more than anything else.

She has lied and given conflicting versions of events, so the defense has a duty to their client to explore everything about her statements.

Back
Top Bottom