• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 2 testimony [W:174]

Stick a fork in her.

Serious question: if you witnessed a murder would you want the murderer prosecuted? Why would a witness to this murder have to remain uninterested in the fate of the killer?

Was she the defences witness? (Came on late)

So, not having seen all the proceedings today, was there any witnesses for the prosecution that were helpful to their case?

I know the cop who gave cpr wasn't, and neither was that last witness.

Did you see this?

Yeaj, I saw it when you posted it the first time and I went searching. The prosecution, so far anyway, is really looking horrendous. First Wendy Dorvial, now this one. Yeesh.

Serious question: if you witnessed a murder would you want the murderer prosecuted? Why would a witness to this murder have to remain uninterested in the fate of the killer?

And you have just disclosed why she is now discredited... She joined the "Zimmerman is a murderer" bandwagon after the case became an issue of race, when what she witnessed could not have told her that... She's toast.

That witness was like a freaking ice cream sundae for the defense.......topped with bacon.

I Think you would want justice to be done. Personally I would want to find out what had happend. I think she looked bad in the sense that she looked very uncomfortable.

I would try to stick to facts and what I've witnessed and be as clear as possible. This way I don't contradict myself at a later date.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want justice done.

Either way my interest is stand your ground laws. And the right for people to defend themselves regardless where they my be.

I believe Martin was defending himself that night from stranger who was following him in unmarked vehicle and then on foot.

I Think you would want justice to be done. Personally I would want to find out what had happend. I think she looked bad in the sense that she looked very uncomfortable.

But after the case became a race issue and hit the national media, she made it clear that she already in her mind believed Zimmerman was guilty of murder, making her testimony about moving left to right, which was never stated by her before, anything but credible.

Last edited:
I would try to stick to facts and what I've witnessed and be as clear as possible. This way I don't contradict myself at a later date.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want justice done.

Either way my interest is stand your ground laws. And the right for people to defend themselves regardless where they my be.

I believe Martin was defending himself that night from stranger who was following him in unmarked vehicle and then on foot.

My point is that having an opinion on the case doesn't mean you aren't telling the truth about what you saw. She said this right away and described people running in her backyard. Her backyard is south of where the body ended up, which means that Zimmerman actually ran up from the south.

She definitely was nervous, but Zimmerman supporters would consider her a liar no matter what she said.

So, not having seen all the proceedings today, was there any witnesses for the prosecution that were helpful to their case?

I know the cop who gave cpr wasn't, and neither was that last witness.

No. None.

Since you asked.. Here was my take on the Wendy Dorival testimony:

In case anyone didn't see it and the best part (at least to me) of Wendy Dorival's testimony is it just gets rid of so many of Sharon's past claims. She says George is meek. She recommended him for the COP's program - he declined. She can't tell them not to carry guns. It is reasonable to keep an eye on someone to report to the cops.

Was she the defences witness? (Came on late)

not by design

but ultimately, yes. very much so. discredited herself and the prosecution

My point is that having an opinion on the case doesn't mean you aren't telling the truth about what you saw. She said this right away and described people running in her backyard. Her backyard is south of where the body ended up, which means that Zimmerman actually ran up from the south.

She definitely was nervous, but Zimmerman supporters would consider her a liar no matter what she said.

Signing the statement in addition to this being the first time she mentioned it combined with whatever else I am not recalling at the time.. Is bad for her believability. The presecution barely even tried to rehab her. That should tell you something.

I'm aware of that.

But since she made no known statement prior to that period concern the direction of footsteps.

Everything else can be planted into her head after the fact.

Sorry. I think Zimmerman is nothing more then thug that wanted a taste of manhood. But without laws in which we govern then we might just as well form a posse, gather the hounds and track them down without a trial.

"Meanwhile, defense attorney Mark O’Mara cross-examined Wendy Dorival, who served as volunteer program coordinator for the Sanford Police Department. Dorival stated that neighborhood watch volunteers were not supposed to follow suspects, but added that she thought Zimmerman was a professional person, and had tried to recruit him to a citizens patrol program.
She said that it was suspicious that a person – Trayvon Martin – was walking in the rain between houses without a particular purpose.
"

She never made that left to right claim in the many depositions she did. If she had, then her personal beliefs wouldn't mean anything... But to spring that on the witness stand now with what she has done in support of prosecuting Zimmerman, just doesn't pass the smell test... Her testimony for the state was a major "fail".

Last edited:
She never made that left to right claim in the many depositions she did. If she had, then her personal beliefs wouldn't mean anything... But to spring that on the witness stand now with what she has done in support of prosecuting Zimmerman, just doesn't pass the smell rest... Her testimony for the state was a major "fail".

On this we agree.

wendy was still the defense's best witness of the day
did NOT tell zimmerman that he should not follow* to be the eyes and ears of the community
confirmed he was not a wanna be cop because he declined her invitation to be just that
said he was professional and wanted to aid his community

* the defense attorneys have been masterful. other than that awful attempt at a knock knock joke, the only faux pas i witnessed were the failure to ask wendy if the two police present at the neighborhood watch meeting had instructed the new watch members not to follow suspicious perps
and
the very good prosecution witness - the cop now in charge of training - who administered CPR, should have been asked by the defense if he now sees any aspect of the police response/follow-up to the shooting which was other than according to standard protocol

She (witness 8, the last of the day) was the Prosecution's best eyewitness. And she was shown to be a fabricator, a Trayvonista, and quite dishonest. O'Mara ripped her a new asshole. It was not difficult to do.

She was the Prosecution's best eyewitness. And she was shown to be a fabricator, a Trayvonista, and quite dishonest. O'Mara ripped her a new asshole. It was not difficult to do.

You do remember that she said everyone has the right to defend themselves.. that would certainly include Trayvon.

wendy was still the defense's best witness of the day
did NOT tell zimmerman that he should not follow* to be the eyes and ears of the community
confirmed he was not a wanna be cop because he declined her invitation to be just that
said he was professional and wanted to aid his community

* the defense attorneys have been masterful. other than that awful attempt at a knock knock joke, the only faux pas i witnessed were the failure to ask wendy if the two police present at the neighborhood watch meeting had instructed the new watch members not to follow suspicious perps
and
the very good prosecution witness - the cop now in charge of training - who administered CPR, should have been asked by the defense if he now sees any aspect of the police response/follow-up to the shooting which was other than according to standard protocol

If this is what we can look forward to in the coming days from the prosecution, the defense won't have to present any witnesses at all to win this one.

Back
Top Bottom