• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)[W:202]

Re: Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)

Finally....getting started.

Right. Use George Zimmerman's name instead of Defendant.

The state wants felony 3rd degree murder now instead of aggravated assault.

The state wants felony 3rd degree murder now instead of aggravated assault.

I missed the begining, but from what I just heard is it 2nd degree, manslaughter and 3rd degree only, is that accurate?

I missed the begining, but from what I just heard is it 2nd degree, manslaughter and 3rd degree only?

Yes. The defense only wants 2nd degree. The judge had to ask Zimmerman if he was aware and agreed with his lawyers.

Now I read:

Tony Pipitone@TonyPipitone State changes course: seeks only manslaughter and felony third-degree murder lesser includeds, defense maintains 2d deg murder or nothing.

So is the state attempting to skip the M2 charge?

Manslaughter is in.

It occurs to me that the inclusion of lesser charges is hardly fair to the defendant. The attorneys have spent all of their time defending him against M2, not manslaughter. I think this is a flaw in the system. The lesson being, "Do not over-charge or you will cause an acquital."

It occurs to me that the inclusion of lesser charges is hardly fair to the defendant. The attorneys have spent all of their time defending him against M2, not manslaughter. I think this is a flaw in the system. The lesson being, "Do not over-charge or you will cause an acquital."

They are allowing the manslaughter charge? This is bogus!

Oh my God. The state is claiming child abuse to get 3rd degree felony murder.

The state is desperate to get anything at this point. Sad really.

This trial should have been stopped after the prosecution rested.

The judge effed up.

Man our system is so screwed up. You are charged with one crime, you successfully are defended against it. Now the state throws one or more extra charges at you that you were not given advance notice nor allowed to defend against.

So at this rate, the State will eventually be arguing for shoplifting.

You shouldn't be allowed to change the charges DURING THE FINAL ARGUMENTS OF A TRIAL!

Grounds for appeal for sure if convicted. This Judge is trying not to get lynched after the trial.

The state is desperate to get anything at this point. Sad really.
"Your honor. If the jury doesn't convict on M2 how about 'child abuse like with the six tear old and if that doesn't work how about convicting the defendant of picking his nose?

Manslaughter is in.
I will have to review West's argument, but it sounds like reversible error if he is found guilty of it.
And that is besides all the other appealable issues.

"Your honor. If the jury doesn't convict on M2 how about 'child abuse like with the six tear old and if that doesn't work how about convicting the defendant of picking his nose?
How effing sick! Now AC wants to charge George with 'child abuse'.

Man our system is so screwed up. You are charged with one crime, you successfully are defended against it. Now the state throws one or more extra charges at you that you were not given advance notice nor allowed to defend against.
Unfortunately, that is the way it is.
The populace in general supports such.
They want folks convicted.

Unfortunately, that is the way it is.
The populace in general supports such.
They want folks convicted.

I know. I saw my share of the same thing happen. Just strange to see it in action as we did not hang around for this part of the trial. We testify and then back to work, lol

West is happy!!!:lamo

Now I am back to being a fan of West. Good argument so far.

This Child Abuse charge is ridiculous. Points out again how unfair it is that the state can, at the very end, through out a whole bunch of **** against the wall in hopes that something will stick. The state (that's you and me) ought to have to list all lesser charges when they indict or forget about them.

I know that isn't the law. But it should be.

Last edited:

West is looking stoopid again.

Back
Top Bottom