• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)[W:202]

Re: Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)

Correct

This is clear self defense

West pushing for clarification on provocation

If the jury doesn't accept the self defense argument they can consider charges other then M2, manslaughter or even child abuse. What the state is doing is giving the jury three curtains to choose from.

I'll say it again,where is MOM? West is getting his ass handed to him.

The same place that Bernie is? Working on closing arguments.

If 3rd degree murder, child abuse is put in, I cannot imagine the jury taking it seriously at all.

West is brilliant

West is closing. He's shooting himself and his client in the foot.

The same place that Bernie is? Working on closing arguments.

Probably, but mantei is doing a much better job then West.

If 3rd degree murder, child abuse is put in, I cannot imagine the jury taking it seriously at all.

If the jury thinks GZ is culpable in some way for this but doesn't agree with 20 or 30 years, they may consider the lesser charge with reduced prison time.

Am I the only one who understands what the state just did?

Probably, but mantei is doing a much better job then West.

Hehehe obviously not.

Defense wins on the "provocation" fight.

West is closing. He's shooting himself and his client in the foot.

Wrong

Defense wins on the "provocation" fight.

Thank you. I was working while listening and I ended up getting lost in the argument. :)

She really does look like Chris Farley, lol.

She really does look like Chris Farley, lol.

Excon previously said John Goodman... But yes Chris Farley is an even better comparison.

I agree with the judge on that. The instruction is really not needed as he can argue it, media aside.

West wants the jury instructions to be the def's closing argument...heheh.

Am I correct that the jury will be instructed that the mere act of following cannot be considered provocation? (Real life is interfering, damn it! Ha!)

Excon previously said John Goodman... But yes Chris Farley is an even better comparison.
Yes I did. But I also provided a youtube video with Farley in drag on the screen.

Last edited:

Weird, I thought you were in the middle regarding this trial?

I am. I have no dog in this fight. I am merely commenting on the obvious.

But, on the bright side, if the judge is successful and gets GZ convicted, that's one less cop wannabe we have walking amongst our society. But, c'mon. You do not have to for or against Zimmerman to recognize this judge's prejudice.

Can anyone tell me if the state has to overcome the self defense use first before even a lesser charge can be considered? I'm under the impression, they must find the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt GZ could not have used self defense in using lethal force.

All she's interested in is not committing any reversible error. That's her goal.

Well, I'm no lawyer but I do think they will eat her alive when and if the case goes to appeal.

hBA2677F3.jpg

What's funny and forces me to think less of West is when his arguments start sounding like some of the posters here...heheh.

Pardon me but Don West needs to be "batch" slapped. He's NOT going to win with this Judge. Sit down and SHADDUP!!

Here's the DRESS DOWN. LISTEN West you MORON!!! LISTEN!!!!

Again the judge is correct in my opinion about the following.

Back
Top Bottom