• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)[W:202]

Re: Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)

It occurs to me that the inclusion of lesser charges is hardly fair to the defendant. The attorneys have spent all of their time defending him against M2, not manslaughter. I think this is a flaw in the system. The lesson being, "Do not over-charge or you will cause an acquital."
I have heard that if the defense can show that it would have made a difference to how they conducted their defense then it can be disallowed.
Man our system is so screwed up. You are charged with one crime, you successfully are defended against it. Now the state throws one or more extra charges at you that you were not given advance notice nor allowed to defend against.
They are lesser INCLUDED charges. These charges were already included in the m2 charge. So they're not "new" charges.

I have heard that if the defense can show that it would have made a difference to how they conducted their defense then it can be disallowed.
They are lesser INCLUDED charges. These charges were already included in the m2 charge. So they're not "new" charges.

That's not true.

West is looking stoopid again.
WTF?
He looks unprepared, as he had bs sprung upon him.

West id confused, shocking. Where's MOM? West will screw this up.

That's fine, it does not however make our system any less really screwed up.

WTF?

Nah, he's just acting indignant. I guess the defense might have seen this coming since it's allowed. They just never saw 'child abuse' being levied. I'm beginning to see why criminal trials are so expensive. They have to be prepared for any lesser charge to be included in jury instructions. Probably should have had a plan in place ahead of time. (Maybe they do....)

West needs to rein himself back in. He's sitting in a snake pit and NOBODY in that courtroom right now is opposed to eating him for lunch. He seems to think that he's still arguing a criminal case and this hasn't been one for more than a year.

Last edited:

WTF?
This farce is going to be overturned and the Judge will be removed from the legal system.

WTF?

Mantei had a knowing grin on his face as West accused him of knowing of this for the past year. I would say West was right, they had this planned all along.

I know. I saw my share of the same thing happen. Just strange to see it in action as we did not hang around for this part of the trial. We testify and then back to work, lol
Most folks do not realize that the laws are set up to convict people. Not to be fair.

It is why the conviction to acquittal ratio is warped.

This farce is going to be overturned and the Judge will be removed from the legal system.
No she wont be removed.

Why doesn't Judge Chris Farley just go ahead and pronounce Zimmerman guilty? Who needs prosecution when you have a judge this prejudice?

One thing for sure, a guilty verdict of any charge is surely going to be appealed and rightfully so.

This court has gone kangaroo to the Nth degree.

I'm curious if the jury feels the same way. Even with the preferential treatment of the prosecution by the judge, I'm thinking the jury is thinking, "No way, no how."

Child abuse! Ha! I bet those same stooges would have charged TM as an adult had the gun been on the other hip.

Child abuse. Unbelievable. I think I have seen it all now.

This judge has to know that after all her blatant rulings that any guilty verdict is bound to be overturned.

Heheh..."trick", Judge Judy slams West down again.

Why doesn't Judge Chris Farley just go ahead and pronounce Zimmerman guilty? Who needs prosecution when you have a judge this prejudice?

One thing for sure, a guilty verdict of any charge is surely going to be appealed and rightfully so.

I'm curious if the jury feels the same way. Even with the preferential treatment of the prosecution by the judge, I'm thinking the jury is thinking, "No way, no how."

Child abuse! Ha! I bet those same stooges would have charged TM as an adult had the gun been on the other hip.

This judge has to know that after all her blatant rulings that any guilty verdict is bound to be overturned.

All she's interested in is not committing any reversible error. That's her goal.

Nah, he's just acting indignant. I guess the defense might have seen this coming since it's allowed.

They just never saw 'child abuse' being levied.
Which would mean he was unprepared for such bs.

I think I've seen this comment 500 times from Z supporters...heheh.

Weird, I thought you were in the middle regarding this trial?

And he shouldn't have been.
I do not agree.
Alleging child abuse is so far removed from what occurred it would be absurd to consider.
As it was stated ... was straddling Zimmerman pounding on him and he shot in self-defense.
Under those facts, there is no reason to even consider child abuse.

West is objecting to his own language!

If he didn't want the instruction in there, why the HELL did he include it "for discussion"? Jesus.

I do not agree.
Alleging child abuse is so far removed from what occurred it would be absurd to consider.
As it was stated ... was straddling Zimmerman pounding on him and he shot in self-defense.
Under those facts, there is no reason to even consider child abuse.

Correct

This is clear self defense

West pushing for clarification on provocation

This thing is going downhill quickly.

I'll say it again,where is MOM? West is getting his ass handed to him.

Back
Top Bottom