• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 12 testimony (Wednsday 7/10)

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Wednsday morning at 8am EST/5am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Wednsday morning at 8am EST/5am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

This morning from 8 to 9 will be about sequestration violations... What a screw up.

This morning from 8 to 9 will be about sequestration violations... What a screw up.

I believe the judge pushed it back to 9:00 - based on what the news just said.

Why were they there till 10:00 PM last evening?

Looks to me like an acquittal's coming. There don't seem to have been any prosecutorial gotcha moments, at all. I've thought Z has been guilty of negligent manslaughter for a long time, but I can't see that the prosecution has even proved that, never mind Murder 2, but my! don't the defence team whinge a lot?

After the FIREWORKS that closed last night's session. It's going to be interesting this morning. I hope Mr. West has recovered, he was near hysterical last night, O'Mara even had to wave him off. Now the Judge too misbehaved in the "tit for tat" of her almost yelling. It was VERY non professional by both parties. They will hold a hearing after the case in which the state will be accused of withholding the text message information they had since Jan 1. IF, and that's an ENORMOUS if, the jury convicts on anything, I believe there are grounds for reversal. The Judge basically stated she had an authentication challenge with the text messages. The defense could not "authenticate" the text messages because the state didn't divulge the information as they are required by law. After West in near exasperation delineated their argument and he's claiming Constitutional violations, the Judge cuts him off and says "at 8 am we'll hear the Donnelly issue, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I've heard about defense witnesses breaking the sequestration rules"!!

You have the rookie prosecutor bringing up "andre the giant" and "a little girl" in the same analogy.

It was definitely amateur hour prior to close last night.

That last 5 minutes was great. The defense has won the case for Zimmerman even if the jury finds him guilty.

The Judge's argument regarding authentication of text messages is simply absurd. That authenticity debate is left to the jury. You can rule out pretty much all evidence ever using her insane requirements.

That last 5 minutes was great. The defense has won the case for Zimmerman even if the jury finds him guilty.

The Judge's argument regarding authentication of text messages is simply absurd. That authenticity debate is left to the jury. You can rule out pretty much all evidence ever using her insane requirements.

LOL You gotta admit it was comical, albeit understandably considering they have no case so they must grasp at straws, when the prosecutor arguing the states case said, these words may be "code" words, we have NO idea what they mean. <face palm> Could the defense say the same thing about the prosecution? Your honor we have no IDEA what the prosecution is alleging in this case they may be "code" words with connotation completely DIFFERENT from the definition of the word chosen!!

As I said, amateur hour.

After being "waved" off twice by O'Mara, Mr West needs some "happy place" time.

My predictions. Judge Nelson won't allow the text messages. She set up the only person who could authenticate in her mind is deceased. After a good night's sleep, she'll settle down on the defense witnesses breaking sequestration. I don't know if the "two" instances were both Donnelly or there is another witness who is guilty. She may or may not toss out their testimony. Don't think the defense needs either.

I dunno. There could be something to the authentication issue. I personally believe the authentication is met by the defense, but I can understand being cautious on that. However, the relevancy issue that the judge claimed is just silly.

I still say the Prosecution knows they have a loser case, they knew it before they started, but they decided to go through the motions so as to keep a lid on criticism from a certain segment of the population if they didn't bring the case anyway.

Defense counsel just wants some breathing room to seek, the pertinent law

What's unreasonable about that?

I've said this months ago....more time was needed to fully prepare Z's defense

Am I understanding correctly, that the prosecution kept TMs text messages from the defense until early June? This ought to be grounds for appeal, at the very least. I don't understand how the state (our State) can pull this ****. Heads should roll . . . people's careers should be ruined.

How can this be remedied? Allow them and let the jury decide is what I say. And, even then, the fact that the defense wasn't given time to find corroborating witnesses is baloney.

The judge is between a rock and a hard place on this one, I think.

The government should not be allowed to get away with this, in my opinion.

Am I understanding correctly, that the prosecution kept TMs text messages from the defense until early June? This ought to be grounds for appeal, at the very least. I don't understand how the state (our State) can pull this ****. Heads should roll . . . people's careers should be ruined.

How can this be remedied? Allow them and let the jury decide is what I say. And, even then, the fact that the defense wasn't given time to find corroborating witnesses is baloney.

The judge is between a rock and a hard place on this one, I think.

The government should not be allowed to get away with this, in my opinion.

the "judge" is part of the problem, not between a rock and a hard place. she has been the hard place. I have very little respect for that "judge".

If George is convicted of even picking his nose AD will be DELIGHTED! to take the appeal to the FSC where it will be over turned. AD LOATHES! AC.
Just in! The Federal prison tailer was just seen leaving AC's office.

subscribed

will be interesting to see what temperments arrive in the personas of west and the judge

Jjust analysis so far. No one in court is talkign just yet.

You should be hearing the court now.

Back
Top Bottom