• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 11 testimony (Tuesday7/9)

They fooled me yesterday, Judge said they were taking a 15 and coming back. Guess they decided to hold it this morning.

They fooled me yesterday, Judge said they were taking a 15 and coming back. Guess they decided to hold it this morning.

The state wanted to finish the deposition of the expert talking now. So, they weren't able to hold the hearing on this specific issue yesterday.

I hope that they let us see it as well....Should be interesting.

From some source, I'd heard that the jury had told the judge they don't want so many breaks and they want to move along. Says to me that the jury may feel that the defense case isn't necessary since the prosecution didn't prove its case. Hopefully, the defense won't be too long winded and tick the jury off.

From some source, I'd heard that the jury had told the judge they don't want so many breaks and they want to move along. Says to me that the jury may feel that the defense case isn't necessary since the prosecution didn't prove its case. Hopefully, the defense won't be too long winded and tick the jury off.

If true, I'm not sure that's what that would have to mean... but... I've heard from one of the news statiosn (forget which) that the defense is expected to wrap in the next day or two - Wednesday being the most likely guess that i've heard.

Good grief, this thing is like crack! I have so much to do, but yet still I watch.

The prosecution's incessant effort to impeach the witnesses ticks me off. Time-waster. I'm sure it's having the same effect on the jury. I'd thought of this the other day -- these jurors are sequestered. Everybody took a 4th of July holiday but them . . . move on already!! I'd have been ticked that everyone got a holiday but the jury I sat on. "Get your asses in here, and let's keep going!"

The prosecution's incessant effort to impeach the witnesses ticks me off. Time-waster. I'm sure it's having the same effect on the jury. I'd thought of this the other day -- these jurors are sequestered. Everybody took a 4th of July holiday but them . . . move on already!! I'd have been ticked that everyone got a holiday but the jury I sat on. "Get your asses in here, and let's keep going!"

I'd like to donate for a special fireworks show, and cook out for the jury and their families the moment that this trial is over, as thanks for their service, and sacrifice regardless of how they decide.

Good grief, this thing is like crack! I have so much to do, but yet still I watch.

IT IS! My wife and I were going through dt's over the weekend without the daily 'fix'.

Amen - I'm not even sure why sequestration was necessary - Is there anyone in Florida who hadn't been exposed to this case incessantly the past year - can't imagine anyone would need to be sequestered to only listen to the actual testimony.

Amen - I'm not even sure why sequestration was necessary - Is there anyone in Florida who hadn't been exposed to this case incessantly the past year - can't imagine anyone would need to be sequestered to only listen to the actual testimony.

If I were the defense, I wouldn't want to trust the jurors to avoid talking about the case and, especially, to avoid listening to the idiots pundits who dissect each day's proceedings. I get the sequestration. But there ought to be a price for it. Some limits on both sides of the table.

I should be doing laundry....

If I were the defense, I wouldn't want to trust the jurors to avoid talking about the case and, especially, to avoid listening to the idiots pundits who dissect each day's proceedings. I get the sequestration. But there ought to be a price for it. Some limits on both sides of the table.

Fair enough - if I'm not mistaken, here in Canada juries are seldom sequestered and if they are courts usually don't take many "off" days in respect of those juries. In addition, our trials aren't televised, so they move along much faster since no one is playing to the out of court audience. They also provide the jurors with entertainment and sometimes day-trips/outings if the court isn't in session to keep them from going stir-crazy.

Must-----Pull-----Away! Have-----to ----- mow----lawn----and----complete---to do----list.....

Alright folks, Back later on! :2wave:

I watched a clip on YouTube last night from Al Sharpton's MSNBC show, and man what a joke... They were all pointing out things about Zimmerman's story they claimed were not possible, instead of talking about the evidence and witness testimony that had been presented at the actual trial... It was one giant denial-fest.

I watched HLN for a little bit last night. Out of their 6 panelists (including the hosts), 4 of them were on the prosecution side and 2 for the defense side. However, one of the people on the defense side is this MORON Frank Taffee who yells over everyone else and says really stupid things. HLN loves him.

I switched over to Piers Morgan and it was SO MUCH better. No yelling, no idiots...just lawyers and judges who know what they're talking about.

I'm not a "communications expert", nor do I claim to know Judge Nelson, however after reading background material and watching her in action in this trial, when she makes the comment "The jury has been waiting OVER an hour", if I was O'Mara, "that's all your Honor we are prepared to continue our case".

Does anyone think the Judge has NOT made up her mind? The animation will not be allowed, let's get back to the trial.

Does anyone think the Judge has NOT made up her mind? The animation will not be allowed, let's get back to the trial.

I don't even know what that was about. Animation?

I don't even know what that was about. Animation?

The defense wants to use a computer animation of the facts of the case and do what I assume would be a "walk through" for the jury.

The prosecution is fighting it.

Judge Nelson is not a happy camper. Defense needs a fire lit under them, GET READY and let her bring in the jury.

I missed it.............is she letting in the animation?

Back
Top Bottom