• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 10 testimony (Monday 7/8)

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This thread is for discussing the days testimony in court, which will begin Monday morning at 9am EST/6am PST.

Once again, please try to keep your comments related to the trial testimony and avoid straying off into debating other aspects not covered in the proceedings...

Thx

IMO the jury will be deliberating by Wed afternoon. Omara wants the jury to be back home by Friday. When he says "the defense rests each jury member will say a little "thank you" to him under their breath. He and West have been playing three dimension chess with Nelson and Bernie when they thought they were playing checkers.
If Nelson instructs the jury they can render a lesser verdict and they convict George of even picking his nose good old AD and his merry band of AC loathers will take the case to the FSC if need be. AD WANTS to go to the FSC. It will be his legal 'swan-song' just before he retires. Then he can think back and say "Damn I'm good. I got a guilty man off and I got an innocent man off. For a defense lawyer there's nothing sweeter.

Today ought to be interesting...I have a lot to do, but I'll be paying as much attention as I can....

pretty sure this is the witness that saw George's car parked where George said it was. Sharon won't like this one, I assume.

Edit: I was wrong.

Overruled! Overruled! Overruled!

And we have our first "over ruled" of the day.

OK, go ahead... Anything you like.

Why does he have to get so close to the monitor to see it? LOL!

"play it as many times as you need... I'm sure the jury will find it educational" lol

Wonder when Ms Osterman heard George scream before???

Good lord... Talk about overkill... Everyone on the planet has heard this.

Wonder when Ms Osterman heard George scream before???

She said she hadn't heard him scream like that. Makes sense since he's probably never been screaming for his life.

What? Hearsay? The prosecution asked him a million questions about what Zimmerman told him last week.

Well here's the first state witness called by the defense???

WHA????????? ........THUD! Sorry the judge overruled an objection by the state??......I passed out.

I don't think I've ever seen a trial the defense calls witnesses for presentation of their case the prosecution called for presentation of their case.

So, how many witnesses testified they thought it was TM's voice? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe three. One witness said she thought it was TM. His mother. His brother changed his testimony from his original deposition of "I can't tell" to "I think it's him".

We've had four defense witnesses that have said it's GZ. I believe that meets the standard of "reasonable doubt".

Just want to point out, this witness is not trying to be biased. He's just answering questions. Not being difficult for one side versus the other.

Just want to point out, this witness is not trying to be biased. He's just answering questions. Not being difficult for one side versus the other.

I don't know. I get the feeling he's over-thinking it and trying to answer the questions so it doesn't hurt the defense.

So, how many witnesses testified they thought it was TM's voice? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe three. One witness said she thought it was TM. His mother. His brother changed his testimony from his original deposition of "I can't tell" to "I think it's him".

We've had four defense witnesses that have said it's GZ. I believe that meets the standard of "reasonable doubt".

You forgot to mention that the witness who thought it was Martin, said that because she believed the screams would have come from a kid, not a 29 year old man and had nothing to do with ever hearing either of their voices before.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!! If you are a CWP holder, it DEFEATS the entire purpose of carrying if your firearm is NOT ready to discharge. It's taught this way in my state's CWP. Why would you carry a firearm if it's not as ready to be discharged as is safe to carry.

I don't know. I get the feeling he's over-thinking it and trying to answer the questions so it doesn't hurt the defense.

Fair enough.

This kind of questioning by the state is what would make me nutz as a juror. "STFU! We've been over and over and over this. His answers aren't changing! Move on!!"

Back
Top Bottom