• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 10 testimony (Monday 7/8)

I actually think it's a good thing they want to keep playing this recording. George's voice is calm. He's responsive, respectful and indicating he's following instructions.

My comment wasn't made because I think it hurts the defense's case, but because I'm sick to death of hearing it myself... It's 3 and a half minutes of wasted time with every single replay....

Good lord, here we go again...

So the state is saying if you've had crime in your area, and you refer to the criminals as "a-holes" that can be used to project on the person you are observing and against you for a crime????

Ok I need to change my vernacular, people who commit crimes will now be referred to as respectable politicians.....er....oops..I mean "these upstanding fine neighbors".
".

Why is the judge allowing so much speculation by the prosecutor?

NO!! It wasn't DIRECTLY speaking of TM. He did NOT say "THIS a-hole" or "this effin punk is going to get away". Could it be argued it was a projection? Of course any LOGICAL person who called NEN is suspicious.

Is that WRONG?????????

This trial continues to remind me that carrying a weapon, even if properly licensed and one is properly trained, is an awesome responsibility. When I took my classes, the instructor said, paraphrased, "If you shoot someone, be prepared with a $25,000 defense fund and for your life to go into hell's basket. The law does not look kindly at you."

I cannot help but feel sorry for George Zimmerman.

I wonder if anyone living there thinks about how this would likely have been different if the homeowners who heard the ruckus and saw the fight had gone outside and tried to do something about it. The apathy of people in the face of others' needing help is appalling.

Exactly... it's called the "bystander effect". Kitty Genovese is often cited as an example of this. Social Psychologists have studied this in depth.

Bystander effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a damn shame someone didn't try to stop this before it became a tragedy. TM would likely be alive and all these witnesses [we're hearing today] wouldn't need to be identifying GZ voice as the one calling for help.

Prosecution is trying to say that GZ was saying "asshole" in anger. The way he is saying it isn't how GZ said it.

Why is the judge allowing so much speculation by the prosecutor?

because she knows the prosecution has no case
they're desperate
without facts, all they have is speculation

What the heck? GZ didn't say "He's a black male...f-ing punk." :roll:

The lead prosecution attorney is taking TOO much joy in repeating "effin punk".

Prosecution is trying to say that GZ was saying "asshole" in anger. The way he is saying it isn't how GZ said it.

The prosecution seems to be doing an whole lot of what we see TM defenders in here doing...Embellishing their own version of events.

When thinking about this judge, this is the first think that popped into my head... Skip to the 1:25 mark and see if you all agree....lol

I can't believe there hasn't been a break yet.

I can't believe there hasn't been a break yet.

the jury declined a break earlier
indication they are ready to get this over with

A veteran judge with broad experience and a reputation for being tough on both lawyers and defendants has been assigned to take over George Zimmerman’s murder trial.

Seminole County Circuit Judge Debra Nelson is a familiar face to the Zimmerman family: She is the same jurist assigned to handle Zimmerman’s wife’s perjury case.

Zimmerman’s legal team might live to regret forcing the last judge off the case because Nelson runs a tight ship and tends to favor the prosecution, Central Florida lawyers said. A native of South Florida who did a brief stint at the Broward state attorney’s office, Nelson is known for being a no-nonsense judge who keeps lawyers on their toes.

“I don’t think they did themselves any favors,” said attorney Jose Baez, best known for defending “tot mom” Casey Anthony. “She has a reputation of being more pro-prosecution than the previous judge. We have an expression: ‘The devil you know is much better than the devil you don’t.’ ”

Read more here: Zimmerman gets new judge, but lawyers say he may regret it - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Shouldn't this judge have had to recuse herself? How can she handle Z's wife for perjury, and this case as well....?

I don't like this one bit.

Shouldn't this judge have had to recuse herself? How can she handle Z's wife for perjury, and this case as well....?

I don't like this one bit.

O'Mara's presser after Friday's proceedings, he addressed this very issue. His paraphrased comment was "she's just doing her job, we expect that".

Thanks everyone for the commentary...I'm on an island in Lake Huron with NO TV.

Anyone care to hypothesize on why O'Mara is spending so much time with this witness on his military service? Is he going to say this witness has a BETTER ability to recognize voices when they are "in fear for their life"??

Anyone care to hypothesize on why O'Mara is spending so much time with this witness on his military service? Is he going to say this witness has a BETTER ability to recognize voices when they are "in fear for their life"??

Let het jury know that friends that have heard normal speaking/laughing, can recognize screams

Most likely

Let het jury know that friends that have heard normal speaking/laughing, can recognize screams

That's what I thought too.

I think this testimony is pretty powerful.

Joseph Banks??? C'mon you knucklehead prosecutor <that was a joke ya'll> GET with the program!! It would HAVE to have been "The Men's Wearhouse" The spokesman is also named George Zimmer and a man!! DOH!!! <smirk>

Back
Top Bottom