• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 10 testimony (Monday 7/8)

Good O'Mara got it on re-direct.

This testimony brings something to mind.... If the voice screaming was Martin's, then how come the state didn't parade in a long line of people in to testify to that, the way the defense has for Zimmerman?

This testimony brings something to mind.... If the voice screaming was Martin's, then how come the state didn't parade in a long line of people in to testify to that, the way the defense has for Zimmerman?

That's an excellent point.

I don't know. I get the feeling he's over-thinking it and trying to answer the questions so it doesn't hurt the defense.

agree
the holstering the weapons question
he made sure he framed his answer so that it would not severely damage zimmerman's holstering his pistol after one shot, not knowing that he hit his attacker

I believe this is a rhetorical question, however, if it's not, the reason is succinctly obvious, there aren't any more. It's not difficult to imagine you could find some. Just go back to Miami.

Because they didn't want to put the jury to sleep? Exactly how many does it take to make the point with the jurors? Will the Def now bring in Z's kindergarten teacher to claim it was Z because she heard him scream in the playground at 5?

I believe this is a rhetorical question, however, if it's not, the reason is succinctly obvious, there aren't any more. It's not difficult to imagine you could find some. Just go back to Miami.

I believe they probably could find plenty, but the reason they didn't call them to testify was likely due to credibility issues.

I believe they probably could find plenty, but the reason they didn't call them to testify was likely due to credibility issues.

Hmmm, what credibility issues might those be?

I think they should recall Dr. Bao and just let him talk. :2razz:

Not sure I know how to react to O'Mara's decision to play over and over and over again the tape including the shooting.

George sure was well liked. I think she avoided it, but she sure seemed to come close to bringing in george's history to open up the prosecutor to bring in the bad stuff.

Hmmm, what credibility issues might those be?

Who knows, but there must be a reason why they only had the mother and brother testify to this, when establishing who it was screaming is such an important part of this case.

Anyway... Back to the testimony.

This trial continues to remind me that carrying a weapon, even if properly licensed and one is properly trained, is an awesome responsibility. When I took my classes, the instructor said, paraphrased, "If you shoot someone, be prepared with a $25,000 defense fund and for your life to go into hell's basket. The law does not look kindly at you."

I cannot help but feel sorry for George Zimmerman.

I wonder if anyone living there thinks about how this would likely have been different if the homeowners who heard the ruckus and saw the fight had gone outside and tried to do something about it. The apathy of people in the face of others' needing help is appalling.

Not sure I know how to react to O'Mara's decision to play over and over and over again the tape including the shooting.

so the jury can again hear zimmerman's anguished, repeated pleas for help

She looks A LOT like one of my mom's friends. Uncanny.

so the jury can again hear zimmerman's anguished, repeated pleas for help

Oh I know WHY he's doing it. He will do it over and over again. He wants to BURN into the juror's mind, pleas unanswered for "help" from a "reasonable person who feared great bodily harm or death".

It's a very interesting method. It may also be an attempt to desensitize the jury to the tragedy of a young man dying.

"....You believe that was GZ on the tape yelling for help"

Definitely

One good ploy deserves another. Now the state wanting the jury to hear again "a-holes" and "effing punks".

Isn't it striking how the defense witnesses are no where near as disdainful of the prosecution, as the states witnesses were toward the defense?

This woman is handling herself very well with the prosecutor and his questions.

I fear this won't be the last time either...

I actually think it's a good thing they want to keep playing this recording. George's voice is calm. He's responsive, respectful and indicating he's following instructions.

Defense needs to make the point that obese people would sound and be out of breath just from walking.

Back
Top Bottom