• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

David Safavian Indicted

Pacridge said:
Cubs fan rooting for the White Sox's is that normal?

No, hence the......:3oops:

26 X World Champs said:
How retarded are those words? Just a few posts back Navy Pride wrote:

So this genius of a (wo)man goes from never hearing of this guy to expressing a strong belief that he will not even go to trial, that the charges are so bogus that they will be dropped.

Just when I think that Navy Pride couldn't possibly write anything stupider he lowers the bar another notch.

I just can't understand how any one person can be so wrong so regularly. The real measure of the ignorance contained in his posts is that he actually thinks he's writing facts and that others will believe him. His posts are so stupid AND he doesn't realize that almost everyone who reads them think that his posts are pure, uncontaminated ignorance. :rofl

LOL
The claws are out today eh Champs?

26 X World Champs said:
How retarded are those words? Just a few posts back Navy Pride wrote:

So this genius of a (wo)man goes from never hearing of this guy to expressing a strong belief that he will not even go to trial, that the charges are so bogus that they will be dropped.

Just when I think that Navy Pride couldn't possibly write anything stupider he lowers the bar another notch.

I just can't understand how any one person can be so wrong so regularly. The real measure of the ignorance contained in his posts is that he actually thinks he's writing facts and that others will believe him. His posts are so stupid AND he doesn't realize that almost everyone who reads them think that his posts are pure, uncontaminated ignorance. :rofl

LOL
The claws are out today eh Champs?

Pacridge said:
Apparently not this year. If I remember right they've won a few titles too. The number I have in my head is 26...for some reason.

Doesn't look like they have to concern themselves with the Red Sox this year.

They don't have to concern themselves with anybody after tomorrow.......The Devil Rays kicked their butts all year..........

Canuck said:
exactly why are people still blind
both parties are corrupt beyond hope
yet americans still elect them into power
which tells me americans are fools

Dude, don't make sweeping accusations about American people. Where are you from?

Navy Pride said:
Canadas capitol huh...:roll: Well don't read them.......I don't know about your country but here in the USA we stopped lynchings about 75 years ago and some of us believe a man is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers.............
I guess that is sort of and outdated idea for someone like you.....

unless its a Clinton, an ACLU representative, Cindy Sheehan, any war protestor, any liberal, or anyone you deluded yourself into being a liberal, huh?

All Hail Chief RINO!!!

Navy Pride said:
Sorry never heard of him.....with another 100 indictments we will be coming close to the number of people indicted during the Clinton Administration.......

The Reagan Administration holds the record for the most number of convictions. Only one Clinton administration official was convicted for any wrong-doing while in office: HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for misstating to the FBI the amount of money he gave his girlfriend.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Dude, don't make sweeping accusations about American people. Where are you from?

He has been doing that for the last couple of weeks.........Canuck is Canadian..........He has no clue..........And from Canada of all places........what a joke....

SouthernDemocrat said:
The Reagan Administration holds the record for the most number of convictions. Only one Clinton administration official was convicted for any wrong-doing while in office: HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for misstating to the FBI the amount of money he gave his girlfriend.

Wasn't Clinton convicted of perjury?

jallman said:
unless its a Clinton, an ACLU representative, Cindy Sheehan, any war protestor, any liberal, or anyone you deluded yourself into being a liberal, huh?

All Hail Chief RINO!!!

Wrong as usual my very liberal friend.........I know you on the left want to bypass the legislature on every issue you are losing on but even a scumbag like Cindy deserves her day in court.........

Pacridge said:

How quickly we forget SD...Can you say Sandy Berger? They should have locked him up and thrown away the key for what he did.......

Oh and with the AG Clinton had its surprising that any of his cronnines got convicted.....

SouthernDemocrat said:
The fact that I got this from a PROGRESSIVE website just astounds me...Their front page TRASHES Bush, but it seems they are equal opportunity offenders...

Here we go...

The Clinton Legacy

RECORDS SET

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

* According to our best information, 40 government officials were indicted or convicted in the wake of Watergate. A reader computes that there was a total of 31 Reagan era convictions, including 14 because of Iran-Contra and 16 in the Department of Housing & Urban Development scandal. 47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned. A key difference between the Clinton story and earlier ones was the number of criminals with whom he was associated before entering the White House...

CRIME STATS

- Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122...

I'm just including this because it's funny as all hell...:2wave:

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

Another little tidbit that I find amusing...

Here's what happened to the Democrats under Clinton, based on our latest figures:

- GOP seats gained in House since Clinton became president: 48
- GOP seats gained in Senate since Clinton became president: 8
- GOP governorships gained since Clinton became president: 11
- GOP state legislative seats gained since Clinton became president: 1,254
as of 1998
- State legislatures taken over by GOP since Clinton became president: 9
- Democrat officeholders who have become Republicans since Clinton became
president: 439 as of 1998
- Republican officeholders who have become Democrats since Clinton became president: 3

http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

Pacridge said:
I believe not! Here's a link:
Bill Clinton, impeached by the House of Representatives on grounds of perjury and obstruction of justice on December 19, 1998. The perjury charge was later rejected by the Senate, with 55 not-guilty votes and 45 guilty votes preventing a conviction; however, Clinton was forced to surrender his law license and is unable to speak before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury

Pacridge said:
Navy Pride said:
He sure was.........
I believe not! Here's a link:
Bill Clinton, impeached by the House of Representatives on grounds of perjury and obstruction of justice on December 19, 1998. The perjury charge was later rejected by the Senate, with 55 not-guilty votes and 45 guilty votes preventing a conviction; however, Clinton was forced to surrender his law license and is unable to speak before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury

Imagine Navy Pride being WRONG? Inconceivable! He's a frickin' genius!

cnredd said:
The fact that I got this from a PROGRESSIVE website just astounds me...Their front page TRASHES Bush, but it seems they are equal opportunity offenders...

Here we go...

The Clinton Legacy

RECORDS SET

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

* According to our best information, 40 government officials were indicted or convicted in the wake of Watergate. A reader computes that there was a total of 31 Reagan era convictions, including 14 because of Iran-Contra and 16 in the Department of Housing & Urban Development scandal. 47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned. A key difference between the Clinton story and earlier ones was the number of criminals with whom he was associated before entering the White House...

CRIME STATS

- Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122...

I'm just including this because it's funny as all hell...:2wave:

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

Another little tidbit that I find amusing...

Here's what happened to the Democrats under Clinton, based on our latest figures:

- GOP seats gained in House since Clinton became president: 48
- GOP seats gained in Senate since Clinton became president: 8
- GOP governorships gained since Clinton became president: 11
- GOP state legislative seats gained since Clinton became president: 1,254
as of 1998
- State legislatures taken over by GOP since Clinton became president: 9
- Democrat officeholders who have become Republicans since Clinton became
president: 439 as of 1998
- Republican officeholders who have become Democrats since Clinton became president: 3

http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

Hardly a reliable source. I would put it right up with the Weekly World news. Typical right wing "Clinton is a murder" trash. Did you bother to read any of the other content on the site?

SouthernDemocrat said:
Hardly a reliable source. I would put it right up with the Weekly World news. Typical right wing "Clinton is a murder" trash. Did you bother to read any of the other content on the site?
Yes I did...Here are some examples...

HOUSE GOP WANTS TO KEEP TORTURE ALIVE
RIGHTWINGERS TARGET CAMPUS CLASSROOMS
REPUBLICANS PLANNING TO KILL ARTS & HUMANITIES FUNDING
AMERICAN SOLDIERS - TORTURE JUST A WAY TO RELAX
MIERS' FRIEND: CHRIST LED HER TO REPUBLICAN PARTY

You'll especially like this one...POLICE STATE MEASURES ALREADY WIDESPREAD...It's a link to ANTIWAR.COM...

Yeah...I guess you can't get more "right-wing" than that!...:roll:

Must I remind you of the beginning of my previous post again?

I don't use partisan websites for sources...This one isn't partisan because they're attacking EVERYBODY...

Go click on some of their links...Apparently you don't want to listen to those Republican strongholds like the NYTimes & The New England Journal of Medicine...:roll:

SouthernDemocrat said:

That may be true but the records set are pretty indisputable......Did you read them? Which ones do you challenge as not being accurate?

do you think that Bush will be indicted too?
danarhea said:
Another member of team Bush has been indicted.

David Safavian, Bush's chief procurement officer, was forced to resign, under pressure from Congress, 3 days before he was arrested last month.

Today, we know why. Yesterday, Safavian was indicted on 5 felony counts of obstruction of justice, stemming from his attempts to derail the Congressional investigation into Jack Abramoff.

Article is here.

SouthernDemocrat said:

I didn't like Clinton much but some of those accusations seem absurd. It seems to me that this site is a part of the left-wing wacko agenda and even Clinton was considered too conservative for them.

Let's see, 2 terms of Reagan (plus 1 term of a Bush) led to the Dems electing a president.
Then 2 terms of Clinton led to the Republicans electing a president.
I expect that 2 terms of this Bush will lead to a Democrat in the white house next time around.
In all 3 cases of two termers, certain excesses have occurred.
Seems to me that second term presidents just screw things up so badly that the public makes a drastic change.
The pendulum gets swung too far by the party in power, and the public corrects the swing by electing the opposite party.
I think this trend has come about because the far left has hijacked the Dems, and the far right has hijacked the Republican Party. I can't believe that the extremists of any party outnumber the moderates of the parties.
Have we become that polarized?
We need single term presidents, for 6 years, and then go the hell away....

cnredd said:
Yes I did...Here are some examples...

You'll especially like this one...POLICE STATE MEASURES ALREADY WIDESPREAD...It's a link to ANTIWAR.COM...

Yeah...I guess you can't get more "right-wing" than that!...:roll:

Must I remind you of the beginning of my previous post again?

I don't use partisan websites for sources...This one isn't partisan because they're attacking EVERYBODY...

Go click on some of their links...Apparently you don't want to listen to those Republican strongholds like the NYTimes & The New England Journal of Medicine...:roll:

Actually, the site Antiwar.com is run by a group of Libertarians, not Liberals.

danarhea said:
Actually, the site Antiwar.com is run by a group of Libertarians, not Liberals.
And I said "they were Liberals" WHERE????

Unless you're making a generalization that my sarcastic "right-wing" comment MUST mean that they are really left-wing and nothing else...:roll:

cnredd said:
And I said "they were Liberals" WHERE????

Unless you're making a generalization that my sarcastic "right-wing" comment MUST mean that they are really left-wing and nothing else...:roll:

You did not say that directly, but when you do it by inference, then yes, that is what you appear to be saying.

cnredd said:

Yeah...I guess you can't get more "right-wing" than that!...

Back
Top Bottom