• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Plouffe re: USPS - "Prime time hearings, NOW!"

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Friday - David Plouffe Tweeted an enumerated blueprint for what he believes Nancy Pelosi should do, in reaction to the President's suppression of the mail-in vote. Since I can't post the Tweet itself, I copied & pasted into a quote box - below.

I like it. I think she should implement it, ASAP!

What says you?

David Plouffe
@davidplouffe
·
Aug 14
1) Prime time hearings, now.
2) Subpoenas to Trump WH and camp officials. This is a RICO case
3) Visit local post offices with cameras - show people what is happening.
4) Events with those getting Rx late
5) Involve governors
5) No rest, no vacation. Go to war for our country

Friday - David Plouffe Tweeted an enumerated blueprint for what he believes Nancy Pelosi should do, in reaction to the President's suppression of the mail-in vote. Since I can't post the Tweet itself, I copied & pasted into a quote box - below.

What says you?

First off, government is not a RICO case, that's a ludicrous and unconstitutional comment.

Secondly, he is as rabidly anti-Trump as it gets he is a Democrat party operative or he was, under Obama.

Third, the solution is changing the funding structure for the USPS so that it is sustainable. That will mean a payroll and retirement structure that is also sustainable and not subject to bailouts. This is a problem attached to US lawmakers and the executive branch both. Pretending that the House, which holds the funding onus, holds no responsibility is partisan stupidity.

What says you?

I haven't had time to check out for myself what Tim Pool said about all the false narratives being pushed by the democrats, but since he's is pretty reliable I'm going to post it anyway... He points out some interesting little tid-bits.

First off, government is not a RICO case, that's a ludicrous and unconstitutional comment.
RICO can indeed occur between individuals employed to do the wrok of the People.

Secondly, he is as rabidly anti-Trump as it gets he is a Democrat party operative or he was, under Obama.
And the problem with this, is?

Third, the solution is changing the funding structure for the USPS so that it is sustainable. That will mean a payroll and retirement structure that is also sustainable and not subject to bailouts. This is a problem attached to US lawmakers and the executive branch both. Pretending that the House, which holds the funding onus, holds no responsibility is partisan stupidity.
Rationalization. Good luck selling it.

I haven't had time to check out for myself
So IOW you don’t know what you’re talking about. The only narratives Republicans have are false ones.

Why do you think so many mailboxes and automatic mail sorters have been removed from black and brown locales?

I haven't had time to check out for myself what Tim Pool said about all the false narratives being pushed by the democrats, but since he's is pretty reliable I'm going to post it anyway... He points out some interesting little tid-bits.

Thanks. Saved it, and will try to get to it after tonight's convention broadcast.

All the had to do was change the strings and watch the little puppets dance....again.

I dont know what is more sad...that they KNOW how easily the idiot leftists fall for the ginned up poutrage and scandals and do their little muppet dance, or that the idiot leftists prove their beliefs about them to be true.

So IOW you don’t know what you’re talking about. The only narratives Republicans have are false ones.

Why do you think so many mailboxes and automatic mail sorters have been removed from black and brown locales?

Until you have anything concrete to go on, this whole thing is nothing but a conspiracy theory.

Here's another reason that mail in voting can't be trusted:

Major US postal workers union endorses Biden for president
By BRIAN SLODYSKO
Associated Press
August 14, 2020

WASHINGTON (AP) — A major union representing U.S. postal workers has endorsed Democrat Joe Biden for president, a move that comes as President Donald Trump has acknowledged starving the postal service of money in order to make it more difficult to vote by mail in November’s election.

The National Association of Letter Carriers, which represents 300,000 current and retired workers, said Thursday that Trump has long been hostile to the Post Office. His administration has called for an end to collective bargaining rights, proposed service cuts and has eyed the possibility of privatizing the functions of the agency.

Major US postal workers union endorses Biden for president

Especially in the current political climate, how can you trust the postal service with mail in ballots when they have publicly endorsed one candidate over the other? For Trump voters, you can't...

Mail in voting is going to be the biggest ****-show in US history and will assure that no election will ever be accepted as legitimate ever again. You leftist wanted to rip society apart and destroy the country, and I must say you are doing a fine job of it.

I would like to address the points in the video:

1. Dr. Fauci compares voting at polling stations to going to the grocery store where we have social distancing guidelines, mask mandates in some places, etc.

Here is the issue with that comparison: elderly and at risk individuals are told not to go into stores. They are given other options, e.g. having someone shop for them and deliver to their cars or to their homes. Should these same individuals ask someone to vote for them? Would you trust your ballot to a stranger? Dr. Fauci even recommends mail-in voting as the safest option for those individuals and says that it "has been done for years in many places."
  2. He claims that Nancy Pelosi's argument about Social Security and Tax Returns being sent via mail is a lie.

I know from my own experience that direct deposit sometimes fails, or submitting direct deposit information to the government sometimes fails. I am not sure what happened in my case, but a few years ago, my wife and I filed jointly and received a check for our tax returns because the direct deposit process ran into some hiccup. Also, if there are any changes made by the IRS that require the amount to change from what was submitted, the IRS will issue a check instead after running their own figures. I suspect similar errors that occur with Social Security can result in a check being sent to the recipient instead of direct deposit or increasing Debit Mastercard funds.
  3. Removal of collection boxes has been occurring since 2009.

This is true, but there are procedures that they are supposed to follow prior to removal. They are supposed to get approval from the USPS offices in that area, and they are supposed to notify the people who live in that area that the collection box(es) will be removed. The latest removals have not followed those procedures.

Our recent audit report looked at the Postal Service’s collection box removal process in the Eastern Area and found that it was not effective. While the area and its 10 districts have procedures for removing and relocating collection boxes, they were not consistently followed.​

Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone?
  4. Locked mailboxes have two sides where they are locked on one side and open on the other side; they prevent vandalism and encourage people to go inside for larger mail.

I really have no comment on this point. Sounds like someone overreacted and that overreaction went viral about mailboxes being locked.
  5. Fear of giving ballots to opposing party via shipping agents

I agree with this to an extent. I have had theft occur from mail I have sent, so this is probably my biggest concern with mail-in ballots too. However, after several years of voting via mail, I have yet to find that my ballot did not reach its destination. We receive emails when they arrive in our county.
  6. Party switching and WalkAway

I have heard rumors that WalkAway is a Russian trolling attempt. I have not done research one way or another, so I will just leave that there. I would not be surprised if some people have left the Democratic Party over recent events, nor would I be surprised if people left the Republican Party over recent events. I doubt it will matter much for either party in the end.

I would also point out that most of the issue with the USPS downsizing is timing. It looks bad when it happens during a pandemic and just before an election; it should have been halted until at least after November. It also does not help that DeJoy has some financial ties to USPS competitors, so his actions are suspect as to whether he is trying to pad his own pocketbook in spite of the American people. President Trump's own comments also look bad. He should not be talking about refusing to pass any relief bill that funds the USPS, nor should he be saying that if it is not funded, then the USPS is not equipped to handle universal mail-in voting.

What says you?

RICO?!? You libs finally lost your last marble ... :roll:

RICO can indeed occur between individuals employed to do the wrok of the People.

And the problem with this, is?

Rationalization. Good luck selling it.

What is the underlying crime?

His decision is biased and is firmly rooted in that bias.

Its not rationalization its simple facts, something you didn't used to have a problem recognizing.

RICO?!? You libs finally lost your last marble ... :roll:
What is the underlying crime?

His decision is biased and is firmly rooted in that bias.

Its not rationalization its simple facts, something you didn't used to have a problem recognizing.
I'm not saying it will happen, or be an easy prosecution.

I don't know what the exact statute would be, but if Trump & his pal conspired to keep Americans' votes from countimg, I'm sure there's statute covering it. And if two or more conspire, then yeah that's a conspiracy. Why wouldn't RICO apply?

What says you?
Plooffe is plucked up. Postmaster General testified to Senate. In summary:

nothingburger.jpg

Plooffe is plucked up. Postmaster General testified to Senate. In summary:

View attachment 67292345
I think Plouffe has an excellent political blueprint, to be honest. And with very little implemented, Dems have already gotten Trump & the Postmaster to back down on their plan.

I think Plouffe has an excellent political blueprint, to be honest. And with very little implemented, Dems have already gotten Trump & the Postmaster to back down on their plan.
Assuming they had a "plan". They rolled back the changes to just shut on the blathering dems. They get so tedious and ridiculous. IF there were a "plan" don't you think Trump and the PG would have fought a little harder? Hence the "nothing burger above.

Assuming they had a "plan". They rolled back the changes to just shut on the blathering dems. They get so tedious and ridiculous. IF there were a "plan" don't you think Trump and the PG would have fought a little harder? Hence the "nothing burger above.
I see the usually Trump influence by putting a crony to head a department he has an interest in. In this case, it's suppressing the mail-in vote. Trump tells us this. It's no secret.

I see the usually Trump influence by putting a crony to head a department he has an interest in. In this case, it's suppressing the mail-in vote. Trump tells us this. It's no secret.
A "crony" that had extensive experience and expertise in optimizing supply chains. And no it won't suppress the mail in vote.

A "crony" that had extensive experience and expertise in optimizing supply chains. And no it won't suppress the mail in vote.
Seems like his greatest experience was a Trump donator & supporter.

Seems like his greatest experience was a Trump donator & supporter.
And he earned the money he donated to Trump by being an expert in supply chain management. You're just blowing smoke, right? You didn't get beyond the fact he was a Trump donor. I don't really blame you because most of the Democratic Propaganda Ministry never gets beyond "donor, either. I'm sure you're aware he wasn't picked by Trump; the PG is selected by the USPS board of governors.

And he earned the money he donated to Trump by being an expert in supply chain management. You're just blowing smoke, right? You didn't get beyond the fact he was a Trump donor. I don't really blame you because most of the Democratic Propaganda Ministry never gets beyond "donor, either. I'm sure you're aware he wasn't picked by Trump; the PG is selected by the USPS board of governors.
Here's what I do know. 100 days ago, a Trump crony get appointed to Post Master, with Trump publicly attacking the post office. 25 days later, the new appointee is making changes causing the mail to get delayed, as Trump insists the post office cannot handle a mail-in election.

I do not find any of this a coincidence. Mr. Supply Chain doesn't appear to be acting competently, despite your attesting to his qualifications.

However, you've always been a fair, reasonable, and competent poster in your dealings with me. So based upon that, I'm going to do a bit of research on this. But on the surface, it looks pretty obvious to me. I don't believe in coincidences. Not with Trump.

Here's what I do know. 100 days ago, a Trump crony get appointed to Post Master, with Trump publicly attacking the post office. 25 days later, the new appointee is making changes causing the mail to get delayed, as Trump insists the post office cannot handle a mail-in election.

I do not find any of this a coincidence. Mr. Supply Chain doesn't appear to be acting competently, despite your attesting to his qualifications.

However, you've always been a fair, reasonable, and competent poster in your dealings with me. So based upon that, I'm going to do a bit of research on this. But on the surface, it looks pretty obvious to me. I don't believe in coincidences. Not with Trump.
except none of those changes DID cause the mail to be delayed. Overtime levels remained the same. And those decommissioned machines weren't being used. The PO handles hundreds of millions of pieces of main daily, the election will barely cause a ripple in that, unless every voter in the country decides to mail their ballot in on the same day. the PG testified today to the Senate that he has processes in place to expedite ballots ahead of first class mail. Doesn't sound like intentional delays to me.

How anybody can deny the obvious intentions of DeJoy's changes to USPS is astonishing, even in the Trump era.

They obviously looked at the polls and realized 70%+ of intended mail voters are Democrats, which means if they can intentionally sabotage the USPS processing abilities, they can create a big enough backlog of ballots that don't make to the deadline that end up not counting, and it might make the difference on election day.

Trump came right out and said this is his intention, there is no argument anymore.

The good news? In WI (as an example) Biden's 5% lead translates to a good 150K (based on 2016 turnout) votes needing to be oppressed to create a Trump win (assuming no tightening), which will be very difficult.

Last edited:
except none of those changes DID cause the mail to be delayed. Overtime levels remained the same. And those decommissioned machines weren't being used. The PO handles hundreds of millions of pieces of main daily, the election will barely cause a ripple in that, unless every voter in the country decides to mail their ballot in on the same day. the PG testified today to the Senate that he has processes in place to expedite ballots ahead of first class mail. Doesn't sound like intentional delays to me.
Alright, I was willing to give credence - in my previous post - to research some of the items you mentioned. But now with the bolded in your reply, I'm not so sure. I have no idea where you came up with that.

(The Guardian) USPS chief concedes changes causing delays but won’t restore sorting machines

I'm re-entering this thread for the first time in the better part of the week, so I'm out for the night. I'll probably do a little research myself over the weekend, for my own desires. But you didn't build any confidence in me for your argument, when you stated the bolded above.

How anybody can deny the obvious intentions of DeJoy's changes to USPS is astonishing, even in the Trump era.

They obviously looked at the polls and realized 70%+ of intended mail voters are Democrats, which means if they can intentionally sabotage the USPS processing abilities, they can create a big enough backlog of ballots that don't make to the deadline that end up not counting, and it might make the difference on election day.

Trump came right out and said this is his intention, there is no argument anymore.

The good news? In WI (as an example) Biden's 5% lead translates to a good 150K (based on 2016 turnout) votes needing to be oppressed to create a Trump win (assuming no tightening), which will be very difficult.
Yeah, I agree. I'm trying to keep an open mind to items posted that I was not aware, but right now I'm not swayed at all. I do want to find out exactly how DeJoy got appointed, though.

Alright, I was willing to give credence - in my previous post - to research some of the items you mentioned. But now with the bolded in your reply, I'm not so sure. I have no idea where you came up with that.

(The Guardian) USPS chief concedes changes causing delays but won’t restore sorting machines

I'm re-entering this thread for the first time in the better part of the week, so I'm imonyout for the night. I'll probably do a little research myself over the weekend, for my own desires. But you didn't build any confidence in me for your argument, when you stated the bolded above.
The question is whether these changes were made to make mail handling more efficient. The PG testimony I saw seems to indicate they were. Attributing ulterior motives is up to you. During his testimony PG said other than pleasantries during his swearing in he had not talked to anyone at the WH, including Trump, since.

My question is, then, let's assume there is some sinister plot to delay ballots - how would the conspirators know WHICH ballots to delay?

Back
Top Bottom