• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

David Letterman bashes Bill O'Reilly

Deegan said:
LOL, that was the classic liberal attack, no facts, no rationale, no apparent reason for the slander and smear, just pure hatred at it's base. Letterman just showed how uneducated, and ignorant he is on the subject of politics in general, what a clown.:rofl

Oy vey.....he's a news personality. He gets paid plenty to take the heat now and then - I think he'll recover. Who gives a rat's ass if Letterman gave him a hard time? I could care less one way or the other about any celebrity who goes onto Letterman and gets the hot seat. It's not as if it hasn't happened before - Letterman is notorious for sticking it to some people.....just like somebody else whose name escapes me right now.....Bill something or other. Boo f-ing hoo. :roll:

mixedmedia said:
Oy vey.....he's a news personality. He gets paid plenty to take the heat now and then - I think he'll recover. Who gives a rat's ass if Letterman gave him a hard time? I could care less one way or the other about any celebrity who goes onto Letterman and gets the hot seat. It's not as if it hasn't happened before - Letterman is notorious for sticking it to some people.....just like somebody else whose name escapes me right now.....Bill something or other. Boo f-ing hoo. :roll:

Hence the :rofl , I could not care less what a Letterman has to say about conservatives, and either does Bill. If you watched his show the night before this came on, you would see how tickled he was about the whole thing, he knows he came out looking like the intelligent person in this debate, of sorts. It was good television actually, probably one of Dave's most popular shows in some time, he should thank Bill for coming on his failing show!:lol:

Deegan said:
Hence the :rofl , I could not care less what a Letterman has to say about conservatives, and either does Bill. If you watched his show the night before this came on, you would see how tickled he was about the whole thing, he knows he came out looking like the intelligent person in this debate, of sorts. It was good television actually, probably one of Dave's most popular shows in some time, he should thank Bill for coming on his failing show!:lol:

Whatever makes the sun shine for ya, Deegan, dat's alright by me. :lol:

mixedmedia said:
Whatever makes the sun shine for ya, Deegan, dat's alright by me. :lol:

Why thank you kind Lady, I hope you find your days sunny as well.:mrgreen:

Deegan said:
Why thank you kind Lady, I hope you find your days sunny as well.:mrgreen:
It's bee-yoo-tiful here today, thank ya kindly, suhr.

Deegan said:
LOL, that was the classic liberal attack, no facts, no rationale, no apparent reason for the slander and smear, just pure hatred at it's base. Letterman just showed how uneducated, and ignorant he is on the subject of politics in general, what a clown.:rofl

Did you ever stop to think that the entire point is in the last three words of your post. "What a clown" Thats exactly what Letterman is...he is a comedian and a late night host. He is supposed to be a clown...he is supposed to poke fun at people and make outlandish comments.

O'Reilly, on the other hand, promotes himself as a news figure and he clearly is not. He is an inflammatory asshole with no better way to garner ratings than to fan the fires of discord and start new ones where there were none. That whole Attack on Christmas bullshit was the prime example. Everyone here knows there is no attack on Christmas and there never was...a couple of isolated schools made a decision to be overly politically correct and a couple of corporations decided to try the inclusion game to get their holiday sales up. But then here comes O'RatingWhore creating dissension and discord with his bullshit smear campaigns and the whole season takes on this undertone of political tension. **** O'Reilly and **** Fox.

jallman said:
Did you ever stop to think that the entire point is in the last three words of your post. "What a clown" Thats exactly what Letterman is...he is a comedian and a late night host. He is supposed to be a clown...he is supposed to poke fun at people and make outlandish comments.

O'Reilly, on the other hand, promotes himself as a news figure and he clearly is not. He is an inflammatory asshole with no better way to garner ratings than to fan the fires of discord and start new ones where there were none. That whole Attack on Christmas bullshit was the prime example. Everyone here knows there is no attack on Christmas and there never was...a couple of isolated schools made a decision to be overly politically correct and a couple of corporations decided to try the inclusion game to get their holiday sales up. But then here comes O'RatingWhore creating dissension and discord with his bullshit smear campaigns and the whole season takes on this undertone of political tension. **** O'Reilly and **** Fox.

You just answered your own question, "a couple of schools, a couple corporations" I don't think Wal-Mart, Target, Macy's, etc, are just a couple of silly corporations that have no influence on anyone. They are in fact, huge chains, chains that reside in every major city and town in our country, they have a huge impact, they have now been reminded. This case is closed now IMO, but it needed to be said, and thank God for Bill saying what needed to be said to these huge power houses. You can pretend all you want, and lie to yourself all day, but some of us felt threatened, and we acted accordingly, you did not obviously, and you have made your opinion known about religion, that's fine. We also have the right to express our displeasure, and it's not really important what you think about the message, only that the important people and corporations heard us, and acted accordingly.:2wave:

As for Bill, I hope he continues to tick you, and all your liberal pals off, daily, weekly, and for as long as he possibly can. Fox is not going anywhere, just as religion is not, and people who hate your kind for that matter, get used to it, we are trying to do the same.;)

Last edited:
Deegan said:
You just answered your own question, "a couple of schools, a couple corporations" I don't think Wal-Mart, Target, Macy's, etc, are just a couple of silly corporations that have no influence on anyone. They are in fact, huge chains, chains that reside in every major city and town in our country, they have a huge impact, they have now been reminded.

Yeah, it was a blatant reminder of how guns god and glory mental cases screech and squall like scalded cats, throw their tantrums, and make damned sure everyone in the country has to be subject to their "my way or the highway" bullshit politics. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, it was the right of wal-mart, target, and macy's to make whatever greeting policies they want. They make their policies any other time of year, but just because its Christmas, a couple of evangelicals get their panties in a wad and make a big issue out of nothing. And who was there to ride the gravy train to ratings...O'Reilly.

This case is closed now IMO, but it needed to be said, and thank God for Bill saying what needed to be said to these huge power houses.

And how, pray tell, are these corporations huge powerhouses when it comes to the realm of faith and devotion to your religion? This should be good...

You can pretend all you want, and lie to yourself all day, but some of us felt threatened, and we acted accordingly,

Then I would venture that you felt threatened because you misplace your faith, not because a store clerk said "Happy Holidays".

you did not obviously, and you have made your opinion known about religion, that's fine.

No, I felt no threat at all because there was no threat. It was all a fabricated game for the right wing nuts to get some more exposure and remind everyone that they can kick and scream louder than anyone else.

We also have the right to express our displeasure, and it's not really important what you think about the message, only that the important people and corporations heard us, and acted accordingly.:2wave:

Yes, the corporations took the high road and conceded rather than let the fundies take all joy out of Christmas too...

As for Bill, I hope he continues to tick you, and all your liberal pals off, daily, weekly, and for as long as he possibly can. Fox is not going anyone, just as religion is not, and people who hate your kind for that matter, get used to it, we are trying to do the same.;)

I'm not even sure what you want me to say about this last part except...What is your point? You proved mine...hoping that someone pisses off a whole section of the society...enjoying the bile that this asshole spews.
For as whiny and spineless as liberals are, conservatives are just as foul, arrogant, and abrasive.

I'm not going to turn this thread in to a "War on Christmas" thread. This has been discussed by myself, and others, obviously there can be no agreement. I am just thrilled that those who matter, heard the message, the rest can go straight to hell for all I care.:2wave:

Deegan said:
I'm not going to turn this thread in to a "War on Christmas" thread. This has been discussed by myself, and others, obviously there can be no agreement. I am just thrilled that those who matter, heard the message, the rest can go straight to hell for all I care.:2wave:

I would expect no better from a partisan drone. :mrgreen:

In 2004 a Gallup poll asked voters under the age of 25 what programming they got most of their political news from. Over 50% said the Daily Show. Letterman was up there too.

These people ARE there for comedy, but like Al Franken, lying about and smearing one party's policies under the guise of "good fun" doesn't excuse the propagandistic effects of their programming on a clearly large audience that IS very influenced by them.

Of course, for every 10 jokes distorting and ridiculing Republican POLICIES, there is 1 joke about a Democrat's hair. This is what they call, "balance."

As for O'Reilly getting attacked by liberals in the news media with an axe to grind...

O'Reilly got attacked for covering the war on Christmas by every major paper and by a slew of irrational anti-Fox fanatics, but what none of them bothered to mention was that the ACLU, for example, HAS been launching lawsuits to remove all things Christmas from all things public while leaving Jewish religious holiday expression alone.

O'Reilly speaks on the air for three hours a day, and every little error he makes gets used by BS groups like Move On to portray him as dishonest. They have most recently been crucifying him for saying that Mexico's unemployment rate was around 40%. What they neglected to mention this time was that it was the POVERTY RATE that was 40%. Not a dishonest act, just a tiny error.

jallman said:
I would expect no better from a partisan drone. :mrgreen:

Hey, I befriended you sir, give me some credit.;)

Deegan said:
Hey, I befriended you sir, give me some credit.;)

Hey, you better just feel fortunate that my respect is not contingent on our political congruency :cool:

jallman said:
Hey, you better just feel fortunate that my respect is not contingent on our political congruency :cool:

I thank my lucky stars everyday for that sir, still, you must give that recipe for the Orange Tart.:lol:

Deegan said:
I thank my lucky stars everyday for that sir, still, you must give that recipe for the Orange Tart.:lol:

Hey yeah...I should do that...I wouldnt mind seeing someone else go through the hell of making it too...:lol:

George_Washington said:
Bill O'Reilly was on David Letterman tonight. Did anybody see it? Letterman was very rude to Bill. He kept saying things like, "I just don't believe you." And then at the end, Letterman told Bill that people didn't like him. He also then admitted that he didn't even watch The Factor. When O'Reilly asked him, "Then how do you know that people don't like me?" And that is when O'Reilly said, "Well, maybe people don't like you."

I think O'Reilly is three times the man that Letterman is. If I were Bill, I wouldn't go back on his show. This is just another example of the ongoing wave of liberal bias in TV. Jay Leno is biased towards liberals and so is John Stewart. Saturday Night Live has always been very biased. I mean hell, I can't think of one conservative program or television host on mainstream TV.

As conservatives, we need to fight for greater acceptance of our people in mainstream television.

You do understand that Letterman, Leno, Stewart and the cast of SNL are COMEDIANS RIGHT? They are paid to make jokes and whore out time for people selling movies and books.

You wanna know why "liberals" are on comedy shows? Conservative are not funny. People laugh at conservatives, not with them, for a reason, becuase we mock the lame. Notice how Dennis Miller, a comedian I loved, stopped being funny when he started playing conservative?

As a human being, when I turn on the TV I want to laugh, get a little news (just a little, 24/7 is a waste), or get high and watch Documentaries about Penquins and Wildebeest; since I can read, if I want to be serious, I'll pick up a book or go to a funeral.

Last edited:
aquapub said:
In 2004 a Gallup poll asked voters under the age of 25 what programming they got most of their political news from. Over 50% said the Daily Show. Letterman was up there too.

No disrespect and I am most certainly not calling you a liar, but I find this hard to believe. If it is true, then there is a deeper problem than "liberal bias".

These people ARE there for comedy, but like Al Franken, lying about and smearing one party's policies under the guise of "good fun" doesn't excuse the propagandistic effects of their programming on a clearly large audience that IS very influenced by them.

Its called political satire and it is one of the most practiced forms of humor. It is nothing new for a satirist to make a mockery of those in power and insert, through humor, his own take on the situation. Wanna know more? Check out Jonathan Swift at your local library...good stuff.

Of course, for every 10 jokes distorting and ridiculing Republican POLICIES, there is 1 joke about a Democrat's hair. This is what they call, "balance."

News flash...the republican policies are the ones being enforced and in power...hate to break up your :2bigcry: pity party :2bigcry: but the same thing was done to bill when he was in office. Same was done to Bush Sr...and every president all the way back. Whoever is in power is going to create the most material for satirists...learn it.

As for O'Reilly getting attacked by liberals in the news media with an axe to grind...

O'Reilly got attacked for covering the war on Christmas by every major paper and by a slew of irrational anti-Fox fanatics, but what none of them bothered to mention was that the ACLU, for example, HAS been launching lawsuits to remove all things Christmas from all things public while leaving Jewish religious holiday expression alone.

O'Reilly gets attacked because O'Reilly attacks. He creates dissension and division and makes little to no contribution to journalism nor does he assist in dissemination of truthful information. As for the ACLU, I am no big fan of them either, but at least they have a mission of inclusion and tolerance. They are just as likely to defend a christian as a jew. Your assertions that they attack christmas are based just as much on bullshit as O'Reilly.

O'Reilly speaks on the air for three hours a day, and every little error he makes gets used by BS groups like Move On to portray him as dishonest. They have most recently been crucifying him for saying that Mexico's unemployment rate was around 40%. What they neglected to mention this time was that it was the POVERTY RATE that was 40%. Not a dishonest act, just a tiny error.

Hmmm...sounds just like how democrats and liberal commentators are treated by republicans. Its part of their line of work...what are you whining about?

jallman said:
Hmmm...sounds just like how democrats and liberal commentators are treated by republicans. Its part of their line of work...what are you whining about?

A conservative making an honest, statistical error is a far cry from someone like Howard Dean, the head of the DNC, claiming we've lost the war in Iraq.

The Real McCoy said:
A conservative making an honest, statistical error is a far cry from someone like Howard Dean, the head of the DNC, claiming we've lost the war in Iraq.

And likewise, a democrat making an opinionated statement based on his ideals and perceptions is a far cry from a conservative talking head making a blatant statistical error and promoting it as fact.

alphieb said:
You're too nice aps.

I probably was. I hate it when O'Reilly treats a guest who disagrees with him like crap. It enrages me. He is so friggen condescending and self righteous (but, hey, let me talk dirty to one of my female co-workers even though I'm married with kids). But if I had seen Letterman tear O'Reilly a new a--hole, I know it would have made me feel badly for O'Reilly.

The Real McCoy said:
It wasn't about the War on Christmas itself, it was the fact that O'Reilly gave several examples of public schools changing words to songs or banning certain colors and Letterman dismissed him and said "I don't believe you. I think you're making that up."

Of course, O'Reilly made those accusations up, about the schools banning colors, and later recanted those statements. The fact that he is still using them, although he has admitted they were false is classic O'Reilly. Just like his Peabody award he never won...

hipsterdufus said:
Of course, O'Reilly made those accusations up, about the schools banning colors, and later recanted those statements. The fact that he is still using them, although he has admitted they were false is classic O'Reilly. Just like his Peabody award he never won...

Well, he won a Polk...which is just as prestigious. That's why I never heard of it before. Err, I mean the show he used to work on won a Polk Award... after he was long gone.

hipsterdufus said:

Actually, the mistake O'Reilly admitted was that he said students at the Plano school district weren't allowed to WEAR certain colors but in fact, only napkins, plates, cupcakes and things of that color were not allowed to be red and green. The ban didn't include clothes as O'Reilly originally alleged.

He didn't actually say on Letterman's show that "colors were banned"... that was my mistake. What he said last night was true, that students weren't allowed to bring red and green plates, napkins, etc. and he never contradicted his correction of his initial mistake.

galenrox said:
Dude, it's true, people don't like O'Reilly. I can't possibly imagine anyone liking O'Reilly, he's abrasive, rude, he attempts to intimidate people who don't agree with him, he wrote a book about moral values and while writing it he sexually harassed his producer about ****ing her with falafel, he's pretty much a complete jerk.

Come on man, do you really believe that? Watch more of his show. He sticks up for worthwhile causes, exposes flaws in our legal system, and fights against injustice. I'm serious! The only times he gets abrasive is usually when somebody has misquoted him or mislabeled him in the media. I'd be upset up if somebody did that to me.

And dude, please try to think about this. O'Reilly doesn't bash people NEARLY as much as Al Franken does. Nearly every book Franken rights is where he outright insults and bashes conservatives. Look at his book, "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot." When has Bill O'Reilly ever published a book with such a title? Franken stoops to things are just outright childish.

The Real McCoy said:
Actually, the mistake O'Reilly admitted was that he said students at the Plano school district weren't allowed to WEAR certain colors but in fact, only napkins, plates, cupcakes and things of that color were not allowed to be red and green. The ban didn't include clothes as O'Reilly originally alleged.

He didn't actually say on Letterman's show that "colors were banned"... that was my mistake. What he said last night was true, that students weren't allowed to bring red and green plates, napkins, etc. and he never contradicted his correction of his initial mistake.

yes, thank you for mentioning that in my thread. I think it was big of O'Reilly to have admitted that he was wrong.

And I'm sorry guys but Letterman strikes me as a very arrogant, insecure person. Especially his side kick that plays in the band, I forget his name now. Jay Leno seems nicer and ironically, is probably the more conservative of the two.

Back
Top Bottom