• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Laufman: "The President of the United States is a clear and present danger"

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
David Laufman is the former chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the Justice Department’s National Security Division. He appeared on the Rachel Maddow show last night and what he said should be a wake up call for everyone.
[h=1]David Laufman Says ‘The President of the United States Is a Clear and Present Danger to the National Security of the United States’[/h][url]https://secondnexus.com/news/david-laufman-donald-trump-danger-national-security/

[/URL]David Laufman, the former chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, said his “tipping point” came after reading a Washington Post story about how Trump went to great lengths to hide details of his meetings with Putin.

The Post’s reporting was “positively chilling,” said Laufman, pointing to Trump’s “unbelievable acquiescence” to Putin in Helsinki last summer. Trump’s perceived subservience to Putin is “positively shocking” for an American president, he stressed.

“It’s a painful anguishing thing to acknowledge that the president of the United States is a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States,” Laufman said.

David Laufman is the former chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the Justice Department’s National Security Division. He appeared on the Rachel Maddow show last night and what he said should be a wake up call for everyone.
[h=1]David Laufman Says ‘The President of the United States Is a Clear and Present Danger to the National Security of the United States’[/h][url]https://secondnexus.com/news/david-laufman-donald-trump-danger-national-security/

[/URL]David Laufman, the former chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, said his “tipping point” came after reading a Washington Post story about how Trump went to great lengths to hide details of his meetings with Putin.

The Post’s reporting was “positively chilling,” said Laufman, pointing to Trump’s “unbelievable acquiescence” to Putin in Helsinki last summer. Trump’s perceived subservience to Putin is “positively shocking” for an American president, he stressed.

“It’s a painful anguishing thing to acknowledge that the president of the United States is a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States,” Laufman said.

I agree with Mr. Lauffman 100%. Trump is clearly a Russian asset or as Malcolm Nance puts it "a wholly owned subsidiary under the control of Vladimir Putin".

I agree with Mr. Lauffman 100%. Trump is clearly a Russian asset or as Malcolm Nance puts it "a wholly owned subsidiary under the control of Vladimir Putin".

No surprise that YOU believe that.

So, without ALL the facts, this guy automatically decided Trump was a danger to the US.

Considering how the media spins **** these days, a person should look at things from multiple angles before making a judgement based on a news report.

So, without ALL the facts, this guy automatically decided Trump was a danger to the US.

Considering how the media spins **** these days, a person should look at things from multiple angles before making a judgement based on a news report.

I assume you haven't seen the video. But it doesn't really matter, because people that defend Trump at a high cost to this nation will never accept they're wrong, even if it means the destruction of democracy. I can't help but wonder how Trumpers will like it when Russia takes us over and they lose the right to own guns and have to give them all up?

I assume you haven't seen the video. But it doesn't really matter, because people that defend Trump at a high cost to this nation will never accept they're wrong, even if it means the destruction of democracy. I can't help but wonder how Trumpers will like it when Russia takes us over and they lose the right to own guns and have to give them all up?

I have been warning that The New Chinese Empire which includes Russia as a junior partner is coming to clean our clocks for sometime, and I like Trump, so clearly you have made a mistake in thinking.

Good grief! :lamo

If Obama had acted like Trump does, Trump would have been on Twitter talking about what a danger Obama was to the nation.

Everybody knows that someone who acts like Trump acts is a danger to the nation. Even Trump knows it. He just lies about what he has done to avoid having to admit it -- which is known as consciousness of guilt.

And even Trumpsters wince when he's in the midst of his most flagrant violations of basic American decency. At those worst moments, the Lindsey Grahams and other brown nosers gingerly say what his doing is wrong. But then a few days later they act like it never happened.

Because if they acknowledged that it happened, and continued to acknowledge each offense as the offenses mounted, they would no longer be able to live with how they're enabling this threat to the nation.

How the heck would you know what a former Chief of counterintelligence knows or doesn't know? I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more than we do.

I have been warning that The New Chinese Empire which includes Russia as a junior partner is coming to clean our clocks for sometime, and I like Trump, so clearly you have made a mistake in thinking.

You actually just proved the point we've been trying to make for more than two years. Yes, China and Russia are our adversaries. Why would you support a president that enables them to disintegrate the very foundations of our government? In other words, he's helping them to 'clean our clock' so why are you enabling this madman by supporting him?

How the heck would you know what a former Chief of counterintelligence knows or doesn't know? I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more than we do.

Perhaps the modifier, "former", tipped him off?

Wowee wow. You are heading into deep Conspiracy Theory territory there.

Wowee wow. You are heading into deep Conspiracy Theory territory there.

Not really that deep. Trump is on the edge of pulling out of NATO, what do you think the ramifications of that alone would be on the global stage?

You actually just proved the point we've been trying to make for more than two years. Yes, China and Russia are our adversaries. Why would you support a president that enables them to disintegrate the very foundations of our government? In other words, he's helping them to 'clean our clock' so why are you enabling this madman by supporting him?

You didn't get the memo that the cold war ended? Shouldn't we be trying to get along with them?

Well, if it was on Rachel Maddow it must be true.:roll:

You didn't get the memo that the cold war ended? Shouldn't we be trying to get along with them?

Didn't you get the memo that every single one of our U.S. Intel agencies have flatly declared that Russia interfered in our U.S. elections? Why do you think we're a democratic republic? It's because we have free, open and unbiased elections. They weren't in 2016 because of Russia. That was an attack on the U.S. indirectly without bombs and rockets but no less damaging to the very foundation of this country, our freedom to elect our representatives in Washington. Russia did that! They are our adversary, they want to destroy us from within, what is so difficult to understand here? I just don't get it why you people obviously have no concerns about Russia's interference.

Back
Top Bottom