• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Cameron resigns

So you support the cheap labor and long hours inflicted on the Chinese people. That's nice.

Can you find that in my post? Somebody is desperate for a quote. You're not getting it. :)

Look at the rest of Europe instead of cherry-picking one nation...

I was not the one comparing the UK vs US... and there is even lower unemployment in the rest of Europe.. depends on the country.

Germany 4.3...so I am correct.

So we're going to play the "Cherry-Picking Game"??
Greece 24%
Spain 20%
Croatia 15%
Cyprus 13%
Portugal 12%
Italy 12%

It would be easier to just post the TWO countries with lower rates:
Germany 4.3%
Czech Republic 4.5%

So we're going to play the "Cherry-Picking Game"??
Greece 24%
Spain 20%
Croatia 15%
Cyprus 13%
Portugal 12%
Italy 12%

It would be easier to just post the TWO countries with lower rates:
Germany 4.3%
Czech Republic 4.5%

Who the hell is cherry picking? All I stated was that it was not fair to compare US statistics to EU statistics on many different fronts because of the very different structures of the two entities. One of those is unemployment. The EU has almost zero influence on unemployment in the EU. It is individual states laws that influence unemployment.

Take Germany. It has a very flexible labour market. Where as Spain does not. Denmark also has a very flexible labour market and also has relatively low unemployment. All the countries with high unemployment in the EU, have structural problems that cause that unemployment. Countries with high youth unemployment also have had high youth unemployment historically.. again because of structural problems in their society and economy.

Who the hell is cherry picking? All I stated was that it was not fair to compare US statistics to EU statistics on many different fronts because of the very different structures of the two entities. One of those is unemployment. The EU has almost zero influence on unemployment in the EU. It is individual states laws that influence unemployment.

Take Germany. It has a very flexible labour market. Where as Spain does not. Denmark also has a very flexible labour market and also has relatively low unemployment. All the countries with high unemployment in the EU, have structural problems that cause that unemployment. Countries with high youth unemployment also have had high youth unemployment historically.. again because of structural problems in their society and economy.

Which reflects my original response - that you can't compare the US to the EU based on a few cherry picked attributes. Go back to where this part of the conversation started and you'll see a post that picked out a couple of things and tried to make it sound like the Eu was so much better than the US. I responded with a similarly cherry-picked attribute to make a point...

friday stock market had UK losing 3.15%... france 6.2%.. germany 6.8%

today monday has it Uk losing 2.5%.... france 3.4% and germany 3.5%

what we see is the money is betting on that the immigration issue harms and UK stopping the immigration issue is harmed less and germany bringing the immigration issue the most harmed the most

Back
Top Bottom