• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Cameron had stake in father's offshore trust

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
David Cameron had stake in father's offshore trust - BBC News

David Cameron has said he and his wife Samantha owned shares in an offshore trust set up by his late father, before selling them for £30,000 in 2010.

This of course comes after he previously denied any involvement! Has to be curtains for Cameron for me, a PM has to lead by example and this is just unacceptable. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, looks like the Eton boy finally showed his true colours.

Can anyone honestly be surprised by this? It's David Cameron (/father, I'm sure they're cut from the same cloth).

Will things change though? I'm not sure, fingers crossed for Iceland esque pressure on him but I can see the British public simply talking about this for a few days then business as usual.

Shame this didn't happen a year ago, before the election.

Cameron's week so far:

Sun: A private matter
Mon: 'I' have no shares offshore
Tues: 'We've' no shares offshore
Wed: We'll have no shares 'in future'
Thurs: 'Oops' I had shares!

David Cameron had stake in father's offshore trust - BBC News

David Cameron has said he and his wife Samantha owned shares in an offshore trust set up by his late father, before selling them for £30,000 in 2010.

This of course comes after he previously denied any involvement! Has to be curtains for Cameron for me, a PM has to lead by example and this is just unacceptable. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, looks like the Eton boy finally showed his true colours.

For me, I find it far more unpalatable when someone (especially an MP) would lie at the start, then come clean. Just fuc... own up at the start!

Cameron's week so far:

Sun: A private matter
Mon: 'I' have no shares offshore
Tues: 'We've' no shares offshore
Wed: We'll have no shares 'in future'
Thurs: 'Oops' I had shares!

To be fair, he did not do anything wrong or lie. He was asked if he HAD shares offshore in present tense... he did not, he had sold them in 2010. That the media did not call it on him shows how poorly the handle the right wing in the UK. Just think about it... his father had offshore money, he died.. that means inheritance. You seriously think that Cameron did not get anything out of his fathers inheritance? Why did not one ask about this?

It strikes me that there are a couple of questions that still have been neither asked nor answered about the murky depths of the Cameron family fortunes:

1. Does Blairmore Holdings still exist?
2. If so, what assets does it have, and who controls and benefits from them?

In Cameron's, "neither I, my wife, nor children benefit from this fund" assurance, we find no mention of his mother and 3 siblings. Do any of them benefit from the shady tax evasion/avoidance activities of their late father, and the luke warm fiscal policies of their brother?

so for a whole week he denies it then finally tells the truth.

For me, I find it far more unpalatable when someone (especially an MP) would lie at the start, then come clean. Just fuc... own up at the start!

Yeh same for me as well. If this had been a backbencher they would have already resigned.

Back
Top Bottom