• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet review — a pre-emptive eulogy for the Earth

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet review — a pre-emptive eulogy for the Earth | Times2 | The Times

This rampant tearjerker of a documentary opens in the ruins of a building in Chernobyl. A floppy-haired old gent stands on a floor covered with broken glass and rotting books. “My name is David Attenborough and I’m 93.” Ah, man. We’re less than a minute in and I’m already crying.

Chernobyl, the site of one of mankind’s gravest mistakes, has been chosen as a microcosm for an era of environmental bugger-ups. It’s a sombre introduction to a film that’s a pre-emptive eulogy for the Earth and, perhaps, for Attenborough, who has turned 94 since filming. He seems to have been around for as long as one of those giant tortoises he met in the Galapagos, who were alive at the time of the Battle [paywall]
=========================================================
I enjoy his documentaries.

A YouTube content creator with the screen name of Bald & Bankrupt has done several segments on driving into the forbidden zone around Chernobyl. People still live there.

Back
Top Bottom