• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dates...

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a date in 2 hours, and I'm scared ****less but it's a trend lately I've found, after just getting out of a relationship of 2 years, I'm finding it really hard to talk to girls again, I'm scared I come across as too awkward and scared. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, I mean it's not as if the dates I've been going on went badly, quite the contrary, they just didn't go as smoothly as I remembered them being when I was younger... but while I'm in some of these dates, it feels like hell even though it's not going badly.

Am I crazy? lol.

I have a date in 2 hours, and I'm scared ****less but it's a trend lately I've found, after just getting out of a relationship of 2 years, I'm finding it really hard to talk to girls again, I'm scared I come across as too awkward and scared. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, I mean it's not as if the dates I've been going on went badly, quite the contrary, they just didn't go as smoothly as I remembered them being when I was younger... but while I'm in some of these dates, it feels like hell even though it's not going badly.

Am I crazy? lol.

Yes, you're crazy. lol.
Socially awkward is the new "cool".
Just tell her you're nervous and find it hard to talk to females since getting out of your long-term relationship.
It will probably arouse her maternal/ protective instincts, and she'll do all the work, and you won't have to feel nervous anymore, because you've already laid it on the table, and so if you sound nervous or awkward, well, she already knows about it.

Personally, I always found it endearing when guys lacked confidence, and openly admitted it instead of trying to cover it up with fake bravado.
If she's the kind of chick who's looking for some brash, arrogant asshole, then she's probably not for you, anyway. You wouldn't be compatible.

I disagree with 10's approach, as I don't think any good can come from pointing out that you're awkward/nervous. All it will do is make you think about it and highlight it for her, when in reality she probably hasn't even noticed. I'm not sure what you're looking for at this stage in your life, but maternal instincts are not what I'd be trying to stir in a woman. If she notices or asks, don't feel awkward about mentioning your past relationship, but be casual about it. Just relax and be yourself, and I think you'll be fine. You're an intelligent and eminently pleasant person, and I can't imagine that you'll have a hard time translating that into a nice date.

I disagree with 10's approach, as I don't think any good can come from pointing out that you're awkward/nervous. All it will do is make you think about it and highlight it for her, when in reality she probably hasn't even noticed. I'm not sure what you're looking for at this stage in your life, but maternal instincts are not what I'd be trying to stir in a woman. If she notices or asks, don't feel awkward about mentioning your past relationship, but be casual about it. Just relax and be yourself, and I think you'll be fine. You're an intelligent and eminently pleasant person, and I can't imagine that you'll have a hard time translating that into a nice date.

Why thank you Right, I blushed there.

Post 900

Let us know how it goes. :)

It went amazing, I don't think it could have gone better. She's amazing, and I'm seeing her again tommorow. I haven't smiled this much in a year. Even typing this message brings tears to my eyes. I've found it hard to be happy over the past year. But the time for renewal has come. Nkosi Sikelele Afrika. I thank you.

Hooray! :mrgreen:

Now you know why you were nervous. She's worth it. :)

As soon as you see her, immediately slap her in the face. Women love it when you exert dominance, and it lets her know her place.

After that, it's just a matter of days before your relationship title becomes "sir" or "big daddy".

As soon as you see her, immediately slap her in the face. Women love it when you exert dominance, and it lets her know her place.

After that, it's just a matter of days before your relationship title becomes "sir" or "big daddy".

You are so wise dude, you should write a book on relationships.

a gift for being full of it. :)

''Am I crazy? lol''

Nah, I think it is normal to be nervous if something is important to you. And, since your other dates have gone reasonably well, you can console yourself by remembering this, when the nerves hit.

Apathy is the new confidence, because both apathetic and confident people aren't worried about negative results. Its not exactly the same in all aspects, but if you do it right it can look the same to the girl and apathy is easier to achieve to the romantically depressed among us.

Am I crazy? lol.

You should not be that

It went amazing, I don't think it could have gone better. She's amazing, and I'm seeing her again tommorow. I haven't smiled this much in a year. Even typing this message brings tears to my eyes. I've found it hard to be happy over the past year. But the time for renewal has come. Nkosi Sikelele Afrika. I thank you.

Get on it! :)
Let us know how it goes.

It's been over for a month... lol

so what does that mean? You never mentioned your second date? You both are not together anymore are you? If you want to know something on women don't smile a lot during the first dates or act all giggity. Its ok that she does however you should not do it. Let the real you come out by the 7th date.

Back
Top Bottom