• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DATELINE -- Minneapolis calling

nitroexpress

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
And so the aggrieved Democrats stage another violent protest of Trump. Not the worst in recent memory, but there were acts of violence by the men in black and many of their supporters. So why were the police not more proactive? Were there any arrests at all? Is this type of action from the Left really justified? Is free speech really dead or is it only for the Left?

minneapolis3.JPG
minneapolis5.JPG
minneapolis6.JPG
minnopolis1.JPG

Anyone want to post pictures of KKK members at Charlottesville, call them Republicans, and watch nitroexpress flailingly try to claim that those aren't actually Republicans but that if they are actually Republicans they do not represent everyone on the right?

Anyone want to post pictures of KKK members at Charlottesville, call them Republicans, and watch nitroexpress flailingly try to claim that those aren't actually Republicans but that if they are actually Republicans they do not represent everyone on the right?

No, seeing you will just still do the same. But the problem here is that while republicans have no problem in condemning the worst elements of their party. The lot of you have no problem fully accepting what it is that your side does in all of this, much more to the point of endorsing it.

Also, Charlottesville is a pretty bad example to use. Seeing as the rally was peaceful up until the point that your lot arrived.

Call them white nationalist, Nazi jackasses all you like and you'll be correct. But at least they were following the law in what they were doing.

...and cue the rampant deflections in 3.. 2..

And so the aggrieved Democrats stage another violent protest of Trump. Not the worst in recent memory, but there were acts of violence by the men in black and many of their supporters. So why were the police not more proactive? Were there any arrests at all? Is this type of action from the Left really justified? Is free speech really dead or is it only for the Left?

View attachment 67266055
View attachment 67266056
View attachment 67266057
View attachment 67266058

You sure? Do you think it's above Trump (or his personal lawyer) to stage something like this? There was a time I would have said yes. But now? I'd give higher odds those were paid protesters, so people like you can make threads like this.

Sad but true.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this.... It seems like every week we see examples of violence coming from the left and every time it's highlighted here and various other places on the net, people like yourself always respond with "Waddabout Charlottesville?"

First, don't you see how pathetic it is that there have been dozens and dozens of incidences of violence from leftists over the last few years and your only response is "Charlottesville"? What makes that response even more lame is the fact that people on the right denounced idiots like them long ago and not only take active measures to keep them from infiltrating our political gatherings, but we don't allow them a seat at the political table PERIOD. The same can not be said for left who have done absolutely nothing to dissuade groups like ANTIFA and other radical activists from violently attacking police and anyone they happen to disagree with politically.

The democrats in Washington D.C. who have become the face for the political left in America aren't reasonable, moderate liberals, but radical far left kooks like AOC and her colleagues in the congress and senate who I've never once seen denounce ANTIFA or do a damned thing to stem the violence and social upevil that's taking place in the country.

Instead of squawking Charlottesville Charlottesville in order to defend the violence coming from the left, how about you denounce that violence and take steps to end it? Assuming of course you object to it and actually want it to stop.

That's my two cents... See you all next month.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this.... It seems like every week we see examples of violence coming from the left and every time it's highlighted here and various other places on the net, people like yourself always respond with "Waddabout Charlottesville?"

First, don't you see how pathetic it is that there have been dozens and dozens of incidences of violence from leftists over the last few years and your only response is "Charlottesville"? What makes that response even more lame is the fact that people on the right denounced idiots like them long ago and not only take active measures to keep them from infiltrating our political gatherings, but we don't allow them a seat at the political table PERIOD. The same can not be said for left who have done absolutely nothing to dissuade groups like ANTIFA and other radical activists from violently attacking police and anyone they happen to disagree with politically.

The democrats in Washington D.C. who have become the face for the political left in America aren't reasonable, moderate liberals, but radical far left kooks like AOC and her colleagues in the congress and senate who I've never once seen denounce ANTIFA or do a damned thing to stem the violence and social upevil that's taking place in the country.

Instead of squawking Charlottesville Charlottesville in order to defend the violence coming from the left, how about you denounce that violence and take steps to end it? Assuming of course you object to it and actually want it to stop.

That's my two cents... See you all next month.

The **** are you even talking about?

I never purported to list every last thing a person-on-the-right has done. The first two paragraphs are the most painfully retarded dishonesty. "ANTIFA" is not "the left". They're anarchist wannabe thugs, known mainly for occasionally punching a person and getting hit by a car.

Also, posters on "the left" here have soundly condemned ANTIFA. They aren't required to do it every time one of you whacks onto a newspaper reporting on ANTIFA's latest thuggery. It's pathetic that you respond to me criticizing the OP for acting like a few assholes represent "Democrats" but acting as if a few asshole "Republicans" do not represent the right.

But when you have to defend a morally bankrupt philosophy for politcial power, you might find yourself doing all manner of thing.

View attachment 67266055
View attachment 67266056
View attachment 67266057
View attachment 67266058

Actually according to the police, the protests were largely peaceful and there was no violence. I guess you know better than they do though. (The head of the police union is probably Trump's biggest fanboy in Minnesota, for the record)

The interesting thing to me is (interesting as in hilarious) is that a bar calked the Saloon hosted the Trump Baby balloon. Trumpies were all like "We'll boycott! They just lost half of their clientele!" The Saloon is a gay bar.

The **** are you even talking about?

I never purported to list every last thing a person-on-the-right has done. The first two paragraphs are the most painfully retarded dishonesty. "ANTIFA" is not "the left". They're anarchist wannabe thugs, known mainly for occasionally punching a person and getting hit by a car.

Also, posters on "the left" here have soundly condemned ANTIFA. They aren't required to do it every time one of you whacks onto a newspaper reporting on ANTIFA's latest thuggery. It's pathetic that you respond to me criticizing the OP for acting like a few assholes represent "Democrats" but acting as if a few asshole "Republicans" do not represent the right.

But when you have to defend a morally bankrupt philosophy for politcial power, you might find yourself doing all manner of thing.

Yet he calls the rights moral philosophy bankrupt....

Comical, simply comical.

Unlike democrat leaders, republican leaders are not advocating violence against their political opponents.

Sounds like you're stuck on Charlottesville. Can we change the focus to the Caliphate of Portland. You know, where ANTIFA holds sway and anti-free speech attacks come so often that the press mostly ignores it. Could move on to BLM or even the 4 horseman of AOC.

Charlottesville started with a group of somethings applying for and receiving a permit to protest the removal of a statue. Had they been left alone they would have walked around the statue a couple times, adjourned to one of CVille's bars and gone home. CVilles Chief of Police and mayor saw fit to grant another permit to a dissenting group. Same time, same place. Separate them with some wooden highway barriers.

What could possibly go wrong? The woman killed was not part of the protest but was blocking the streets 3 blocks away. No permit. I'm not excusing the driver, just pointing out the facts.

Democrats = Enraged that Trump said he might not honor 2016 election results

Democrats = Refusing to honor 2016 election results for 3 years and counting

Democrats = Not adding up

You must have missed the MSNBC special.

Yeah, there's a reason.
I lived there and know the Twin Cities like the back of my hand.
I don't need an MSNBC special.

Where do you live? I doubt it is anywhere near Minneapolis, but if all you can do is grunt "MSNBC" then it means you don't have links to any actual "massacre".

You have nothing.

Charlottesville started with a group of somethings applying for and receiving a permit to protest the removal of a statue. Had they been left alone they would have walked around the statue a couple times, adjourned to one of CVille's bars and gone home. CVilles Chief of Police and mayor saw fit to grant another permit to a dissenting group. Same time, same place. Separate them with some wooden highway barriers.

What could possibly go wrong? The woman killed was not part of the protest but was blocking the streets 3 blocks away. No permit. I'm not excusing the driver, just pointing out the facts.

If you aren't excusing the driver (by suggesting the driver did nothing wrong or in any other way), you aren't saying anything with logical relevance to my point, which is about the hopelessly stupid dishonesty of right wingers acting like they are only responsible for their own individual acts but that people on the left are all responsible for what each other do.

No, seeing you will just still do the same. But the problem here is that while republicans have no problem in condemning the worst elements of their party. The lot of you have no problem fully accepting what it is that your side does in all of this, much more to the point of endorsing it.

Also, Charlottesville is a pretty bad example to use. Seeing as the rally was peaceful up until the point that your lot arrived.

Call them white nationalist, Nazi jackasses all you like and you'll be correct. But at least they were following the law in what they were doing.

...and cue the rampant deflections in 3.. 2..

Either a WHOOSH! or a lie. Didn't bother reading all of your stupid **** to find out.

If you aren't excusing the driver (by suggesting the driver did nothing wrong or in any other way), you aren't saying anything with logical relevance to my point, which is about the hopelessly stupid dishonesty of right wingers acting like they are only responsible for their own individual acts but that people on the left are all responsible for what each other do.

Either a WHOOSH! or a lie. Didn't bother reading all of your stupid **** to find out.

Yep, he ran.

Loops like I owe two others 10 bucks.

1. Very sad, indeed.

2. Minneapolis was once a nice orderly beautiful city (where Mary Tyler Moore used to throw her hat in the air to start her legendary TV program).

3. Today it is racked by many unpleasant things, including those hooligans who are fascists themselves.

4. So sad to think of what has happened to Minneapolis, San Francisco, and a host of other once nice American cities.

So sad!

Back
Top Bottom