• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Data shows Democrats are the party for rich people

jdog21

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/midterms-one-party-controls-wealthiest-184200649.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/2018/10/21/midterms-poorest-states-have-republican-legislatures/1694273002/
41 of the top 50 richest districts in congress have Democrat members
18 of the 19 poorest states have legislatures where both chambers are Republican controlled

Seems like Democrats are the party for the rich people to me.

Seems to me like the Democrats are better economically for a district/state than Republicans.

Seems to me like the Democrats are better economically for a district/state than Republicans.

Maybe you'd have a point if the politics made the area more affluent, but that's not the case. Once the place became affluent they started voting democrat is what the data shows.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Obviously the Democrats are better for their constituents than Republicans.

Somehow I don't think the OP thought this through.

Maybe you'd have a point if the politics made the area more affluent, but that's not the case. Once the place became affluent they started voting democrat is what the data shows.

:shrug: I didn't see that in either article you posted.

:shrug: I didn't see that in either article you posted.
You have to look at each district in that top 50 and you can see on wiki their past elections on who used to represent them. As the areas income went up they changed parties.

Um, that would mean they are the party OF rich people. (who push policy that helps everyone get health care, education, higher min wage, etc.)

Republicans are the party FOR rich people. - > First and only significant legislation passed? Tax cuts for THE WEALTHY.

Republican elites/corporations know how to sway those poor, rural areas with completely nonsense like "The wall! The caravan! Locker her up! The emails!! Obama wasn't born here!", and get their tax cuts.

Suckers.

You have to look at each district in that top 50 and you can see on wiki their past elections on who used to represent them. As the areas income went up they changed parties.

I'm not doing that for all 50, but the top 10 seems like a pretty close split.

Lol, nothing new about this "data".

“If you want to live like a Republican, vote Democratic.”
-F.D.R. during his first re-election campaign in 1936

When it comes to economic policy, very little has changed between the two parties over the last 80+ years. What was true in the FDR era remains true in the 21st century.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/midterms-one-party-controls-wealthiest-184200649.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/2018/10/21/midterms-poorest-states-have-republican-legislatures/1694273002/
18 of the 19 poorest states have legislatures where both chambers are Republican controlled

Here's how it works: Republicans are the party of a handful of ultra wealthy people like Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers. They prey on and manipulate the latent prejudices, ignorance, and misunderstandings of a large segment of uneducated, and therefore not-very-wealthy poor-to-middle class folks to advance their personal agenda, often on their backs.

That's why it may seem like the dems are wealthier. It also explains this paradoxical-seeming behavior of so many poor and middle class GOP voters to vote against their own self interests so much.

(Much like Mach has explained in post #7)

Yet they keep agitating for things that might benefit poor people, like increasing the minimum wage. Strange.

Of course they are, and all of the people who agitate for open borders, free trade, and the like are stooges for these rich people who are the only ones who benefit from this exploitation of poor workers.

Yet they keep agitating for things that might benefit poor people, like increasing the minimum wage. Strange.

How does immigration help poor people? How does the Democratic party show anything but malevolence toward poor whites? How does bailing out banks help poor people?

I didn't forget the bailouts. Did you? Hundreds of billions of dollars spent to help rich people while poor people lost their jobs. How nice.

As long as you're rich in those districts. These areas also have the highest cost of living and the most homeless people.

Um, that would mean they are the party OF rich people. (who push policy that helps everyone get health care, education, higher min wage, etc.)

Republicans are the party FOR rich people. - > First and only significant legislation passed? Tax cuts for THE WEALTHY.

Republican elites/corporations know how to sway those poor, rural areas with completely nonsense like "The wall! The caravan! Locker her up! The emails!! Obama wasn't born here!", and get their tax cuts.

Suckers.

Meanwhile, what do Democrats do when they get power? They unanimously vote for bailouts and pass a huge subsidy for health insurance companies.

Suckers.

How does immigration help poor people? How does the Democratic party show anything but malevolence toward poor whites? How does bailing out banks help poor people?

I didn't forget the bailouts. Did you? Hundreds of billions of dollars spent to help rich people while poor people lost their jobs. How nice.

Without those bailouts those poor people would have been out of their jobs for much, much longer. Shortsightedness also seems to be a genetic trait among the Republican Party.

Here's how it works: Republicans are the party of a handful of ultra wealthy people like Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers. They prey on and manipulate the latent prejudices, ignorance, and misunderstandings of a large segment of uneducated, and therefore not-very-wealthy poor-to-middle class folks to advance their personal agenda, often on their backs.

That's why it may seem like the dems are wealthier. It also explains this paradoxical-seeming behavior of so many poor and middle class GOP voters to vote against their own self interests so much.

(Much like Mach has explained in post #7)

Are you seriously arguing that there aren't ultra wealthy people supporting the Democratic party, like Tom Steyer and George Soros?

Are you seriously arguing that there aren't ultra wealthy people supporting the Democratic party, like Tom Steyer and George Soros?

No. Just that they are not the ones exploiting the ignorant and bigoted to advance their own personal agendas on their backs. Not all wealthy people manipulate and exploit. Just the Republican ones.

Wait a minute... This means all Blue states, cities and areas/districts aren't 3rd world hell holes like I've read here over and over and over.. Next time there's ALL Blue states suck(sometime within the next 2 days I'm sure) and are hell holes thread pops up we got to link this thread.

This IS BIG news!!!!!

Without those bailouts those poor people would have been out of their jobs for much, much longer. Shortsightedness also seems to be a genetic trait among the Republican Party.

Implying that we couldn't have instead given that money to poor working families instead of bailing out the already wealthy.

No. Just that they are not the ones exploiting the ignorant and bigoted to advance their own personal agendas on their backs. Not all wealthy people manipulate and exploit. Just the Republican ones.

Lol, you're living outside of reality if you think rich liberals actually love you.

Implying that we couldn't have instead given that money to poor working families instead of bailing out the already wealthy.

The first thing Republicans believe is that money flows from the top down. "Trickle down", remember?

I don't think you are a real Republican. You don't have the mindset.

Lol, you're living outside of reality if you think rich liberals actually love you.

They don't have to love anyone to not want to exploit the masses' stupidity and bigotry to advance their own selfish personal interests and greed on their back.

That’s okay. Next all the communist former teachers will round up all the other teachers for re-education classes.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Obviously the Democrats are better for their constituents than Republicans.

Somehow I don't think the OP thought this through.

That's why people in black and Latino districts are extremely wealthy. They've voted Democrat for 100+ years. That is your point, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom