• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Darth Vader Actor Banned From STAR WARS Convention

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
David Prowse, the actor who famously played Darth Vader (not the voice) in the original Star Wars trilogy has just posted on his site that he's been banned from the big Lucas Film Star Wars Celebration V (C5) in Orlando.

"It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have 'burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself' - no other reason given...I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL (Lucas Film Limited) have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501"​
It's possible this stems from complaints he made to Slashfilm last year that he isn't getting any residual checks because, according to LucasFilms, the films "never made a profit."

If so, this is criminal. The guy's 76-years-old. He has massive arthritis problems. He's had hip and knee replacement surgery and can't move one of his arms. His main source of income is that he was one of the actors in the most successful movie franchise in history. Emperer Emporer Lucas, send the guy a couple checks or, at least, let him do some photo-ops.

David Prowse, the actor who famously played Darth Vader (not the voice) in the original Star Wars trilogy has just posted on his site that he's been banned from the big Lucas Film Star Wars Celebration V (C5) in Orlando.

"It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have 'burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself' - no other reason given...I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL (Lucas Film Limited) have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501"​
It's possible this stems from complaints he made to Slashfilm last year that he isn't getting any residual checks because, according to LucasFilms, the films "never made a profit."

If so, this is criminal. The guy's 76-years-old. He has massive arthritis problems. He's had hip and knee replacement surgery and can't move one of his arms. His main source of income is that he was one of the actors in the most successful movie franchise in history. Emperer Emporer Lucas, send the guy a couple checks or, at least, let him do some photo-ops.

George Lucas has turned into a major douche bag.

The films are generating profit from DVD and merchandise sales.
Although the slimy bastard has probably reallocated those sales to fall under current or recent movie productions.

He leaked the fact that Vader was to die, which understandably pissed off George Lucas, and that is why Vader was physically played by the Anakin actor and not Prowse in the last movie. He lives in England, which has universal healthcare, and at his age all medications, as well as treatment, are free at the point of need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom