• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dark Web Dealers Voluntarily Ban Deadly Fentanyl

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/dark-web-dealers-voluntarily-ban-deadly-fentanyl/

According to reports from law enforcement agencies, drug traffickers on the dark web have voluntarily stopped trading fentanyl.

Fentanyl is a deadly opioid that can be up to 100 times stronger than heroin. Since the painkiller is often sold as a substitute for heroin, it has resulted in thousands of accidental overdoses.
========================================
I don't know how much of an effect this is going to have on fentanyl availability as big labs in China, Mexico & elsewhere will likely continue to grind this stuff out. It is a simple molecule to make which makes it very attractive to illegal operators.

The people ordering on the dark web aren’t your typical junkies looking for an immediate fix. It does take a few days for it to arrive in the mail after all :) So there probably won’t be too much backlash on the dark web, but it will still be available on the streets to people who need it now now NOW.

It just seems bad business sense to make it too easy for your customers to die.

The people ordering on the dark web aren’t your typical junkies looking for an immediate fix. It does take a few days for it to arrive in the mail after all :) So there probably won’t be too much backlash on the dark web, but it will still be available on the streets to people who need it now now NOW.

I suspect that most people selling heroin aren't actually using it, or at least aren't addicted. So they may not realize their new batch is cut with fentanyl. They definitely want their customers alive and paying.

I have a Motorola paging receiver that monitors the local EMS. Just the number of OD calls they send out daily to my local EMS is chilling. There are at least one a day & I'm not listening for more than a few hours when I'm in my office. Scaling that up to state & countrywide overdoses & you have a real catastrophe. And most of the ODs are likely caused by users misjudging the dosage & shutting down their breathing. The EMS units carry naloxone (NARCAN) to treat OD patients that are still breathing.

Back
Top Bottom