• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Darfur death toll rises to two-year high in Sudan

Well, there is one country in Africa where we are sticking our noses in....

The Standard | Online Edition :: ‘No’ Team: Why is US interested in our internal affairs?

Now why is Barry wasting time on this?
Now why is Barry wasting time on this?
LOL, hmm I wonder why but I betcha we can find a clue, I forget who's avitar it is but perhaps this can lead us into the right direction.
Idiot.jpg

Last edited:
So as Israel and Palestine.. and still the wordd shoves its nose into it.

and Lord:
YouTube - Simon Deng -Arab enslavement and slaughter of black christian africans in Sudan

which are pretty much useless... the UNAMID is a joke.
The thing is, if it's useless why the UN is not sending there forces? as they are so excited to send the ME.

Lord - If you actially heard, they kidnapping Christian shildren and force them to convert into Islam, its a problem by itself, as it is connected to the war torn area.

No, the conflict is between Muslims who are of more Arab decent and black Africans who are Christians and animists (traditional religions for the region). The Muslims in the north want to enslave and subjugate the bla

ck Africans who are non Muslim. They see the non Muslims as inferior racially and as pagans that must be enslaved as the Koran dictates. The conflict centers around race and religion, with the Arab Muslims wanting to take over a country and enslave the black non Muslims. Christianity is also one of the fastest growing religions in south Sudan as well.

Again both of you are incorrect

Sudan has two main area's of coflict that involve the central government
Southern Sudan which is predominately christian and is where he slavery has been taking place. For those who can recall the Ukranian ship that was hijacked by Somalia pirates that had T 72 MBT tanks as part of its cargo was suspected of transporting them to be used in the southern Sudan army. It is also the region in Sudan which recently had a vote to determine whether or not it was to become independant (or something similar). Southern Sudan and northern Sudan have been in conflict for decades.

Darfur
The people in Darfur are predominantly Black Africans of Muslim belief. While the Janjawid militia is made up of Arabized Black African (Black Arabs); the majority of Arab groups in Darfur remain uninvolved in the conflict. Darfurians—Arab and non-Arab alike—profoundly distrust a government in Khartoum that has brought them nothing but trouble
Sudan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I stated Darfur is primarly muslim on muslim, meaning it is not the result of a religous conflict but an ethnic one, just like the majority of conflicts that do involve different religions, they generally involve different ethnicties as well.

Lastly the worst conflict in the world today is not Darfur but the DRC with over 6 million killed

Suprisingly it is by far a christian nation

Christianity is the majority religion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, followed by about 95.1% of the population. Denominations include Protestant (including Kimbanguism) 46.5%, Roman Catholic 41.5%, Orthodox 0.1%, other Christian 6.9%, Indigenous 2.8%, Muslim 0.9%, Non-religious 0.7%, Hindu 0.1%, and other 0.5%[59].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo

Last edited:
which are pretty much useless... the UNAMID is a joke.
The thing is, if it's useless why the UN is not sending there forces? as they are so excited to send the ME.

Lord - If you actially heard, they kidnapping Christian shildren and force them to convert into Islam, its a problem by itself, as it is connected to the war torn area.

Again where do you propose they get these forces from?

Does the word "peace activists" answer your question Red? :lol:

Just send some of thous guys there, they are actually ninjas..but shhh no one knows

Gezz people should read up on stuff before posting.. the amount of ignorance in this thread on Darfur is mind boggling.

LOL, hmm I wonder why but I betcha we can find a clue, I forget who's avitar it is but perhaps this can lead us into the right direction.
Idiot.jpg

According to the article, they are very happy about that, and wish he'd stay missing. :mrgreen:

So while a genocide is being committed, you'd like to go be a tourist and have an adventure? That's nice to know.

Yep.
As much as I want people to stop killing each other their, I'm not Rambo or Chuck Norris, so my effort to stop the death and destruction will be met with failure.
On the other hand, my tourist dollars could help lift some people out of poverty.

Being realistic isn't wrong.

Back
Top Bottom