• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Daredevil season 2 finale: most anticlimactic or even more most anticlimactic?

How anticlimactic was the ending of Daredevil?

• It was the most anticlimactic ending ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was even more the most anticlimactic ending ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Season 2 features the addition of The Punisher and another vigilante I can't remember or be bothered to google. The opening episode begins with the mafias being gunned down by some rogue army, only for it to be unveiled that said army is one Frank Castle, whom comic book fans are well familiar with as The Punisher. This comic book character inspired two catastrophic cinematic failures, so I was nervous. However, the show took a completely unique turn by humanizing the character, thereby giving us something we could actually, you know, identify with. I already saw the franchise featuring a stoic and soulless killing machine when it was called The Terminator, so Jon Bernthal's rendition was refreshing by making him a ptsd ex-soldier with more or less a complete range of emotions.

Now, you would think the season would be filled with demonstrations of carnage by the Punisher, but no such carnage manifests. In fact, we are presented with countless episodes of him and Daredevil bitching about co-workers stealing their staplers, ninjas, some chick who may or many not have had a fling with Daredevil in the past, and then, finally, blessedly, we are presented with our trophy for sticking with the season to the very bitter end: Frank Castle finding himself in a shed with enough guns and ammunition to settle the Middle East crisis forever, incredibly awesome and portentous music, and Castle spray painting the Punisher emblem we all know and love onto his new armor. All the meanwhile, Daredevil is getting ready to meet certain doom in a showdown with an infinity number of ninjas who've figured out how to be invisible because now Daredevil no longer possesses echolocation but only super hearing, which apparently was decided in a meeting I was not invited to.

In other words, **** is about to get real. Daredevil is going to daredevil the crap out of those ninjas, and then, when he is outnumbered by eight hundred more ninjas and all hope is lost, The Punisher is going to suddenly appear and lay down a rain of murder that will by comparison make the Angel of Death look like a hippie trying to get out of the draft by claiming "conscientious objector."

It does not quite turn out that way.

Rather, we're treated to a display in which a couple dozen ninjas attack Daredevil one by one, the rest of them standing back because hey, fair fight, you know? Then one ninja is going to get the drop on Daredevil and that's when THE PUNISHER shows up. To take one shot and kill the ninja. He gives a thumbs up to Daredevil, and jumps into the air in a wacky freeze frame. Roll credits.

So I ask you: was this the most anticlimactic ending ever, or was it even more the most anticlimactic ending ever?

Oh, nearly forgot: spoiler alert.

Last edited:
I liked it, tbh.

I liked it, tbh.

If you didn't see the entire season, the revelation of the weapon shed, the spray painting of the skull emblem and Daredevil's final showdown as precursors for one giant, explosive payoff, then you have no soul.

If you didn't see the entire season, the revelation of the weapon shed, the spray painting of the skull emblem and Daredevil's final showdown as precursors for one giant, explosive payoff, then you have no soul.

Honestly, I sort of expected him to disappear after the shed. But, I wasn't sure. Either way, the season didn't want for Frank Castle blowing people's brains out. Over all, it was a good season.

Honestly, I sort of expected him to disappear after the shed. But, I wasn't sure. Either way, the season didn't want for Frank Castle blowing people's brains out. Over all, it was a good season.

Disappearing after the shed scene would have been passably acceptable at least, because then they'd be letting us know that Castle had moved on from the plot to continue murdering criminals without prejudice.

Season 2 features the addition of The Punisher and another vigilante I can't remember or be bothered to google. The opening episode begins with the mafias being gunned down by some rogue army, only for it to be unveiled that said army is one Frank Castle, whom comic book fans are well familiar with as The Punisher. This comic book character inspired two catastrophic cinematic failures, so I was nervous. However, the show took a completely unique turn by humanizing the character, thereby giving us something we could actually, you know, identify with. I already saw the franchise featuring a stoic and soulless killing machine when it was called The Terminator, so Jon Bernthal's rendition was refreshing by making him a ptsd ex-soldier with more or less a complete range of emotions.

Now, you would think the season would be filled with demonstrations of carnage by the Punisher, but no such carnage manifests. In fact, we are presented with countless episodes of him and Daredevil bitching about co-workers stealing their staplers, ninjas, some chick who may or many not have had a fling with Daredevil in the past, and then, finally, blessedly, we are presented with our trophy for sticking with the season to the very bitter end: Frank Castle finding himself in a shed with enough guns and ammunition to settle the Middle East crisis forever, incredibly awesome and portentous music, and Castle spray painting the Punisher emblem we all know and love onto his new armor. All the meanwhile, Daredevil is getting ready to meet certain doom in a showdown with an infinity number of ninjas who've figured out how to be invisible because now Daredevil no longer possesses echolocation but only super hearing, which apparently was decided in a meeting I was not invited to.

In other words, **** is about to get real. Daredevil is going to daredevil the crap out of those ninjas, and then, when he is outnumbered by eight hundred more ninjas and all hope is lost, The Punisher is going to suddenly appear and lay down a rain of murder that will by comparison make the Angel of Death look like a hippie trying to get out of the draft by claiming "conscientious objector."

It does not quite turn out that way.

Rather, we're treated to a display in which a couple dozen ninjas attack Daredevil one by one, the rest of them standing back because hey, fair fight, you know? Then one ninja is going to get the drop on Daredevil and that's when THE PUNISHER shows up. To take one shot and kill the ninja. He gives a thumbs up to Daredevil, and jumps into the air in a wacky freeze frame. Roll credits.

So I ask you: was this the most anticlimactic ending ever, or was it even more the most anticlimactic ending ever?

Oh, nearly forgot: spoiler alert.

Meh. I was kind of sick of the whole Ninja plotline well before the finale, to be honest. They need to just give the Punisher his own series and be done with it. He was easily the best part of the whole second season.

DD himself came off as being a bit of a wet blanket by way of contrast.

Last edited:
Meh. I was kind of sick of the whole Ninja plotline well before the finale, to be honest. They need to just give the Punisher his own series and be done with it. He was easily the best part of the whole second season.

DD himself came off as being a bit of a wet blanket by way of contrast.

Ninjas, flashbacks, prequels and even romance subplots are common scapegoats for stories gone awry. "Lost" taught us that flashbacks (and hell even flashforwards) can still be cool. Better Call Saul taught us that the only reason we had for condemning prequels was George Lucas. And romance subplots? Well...okay, **** romance subplots, but still...the point is that good story telling is good story telling, and bad story telling is building up thirteen episodes of the Punisher getting ready to kick ass only for him to end with the equivalent of listening to some angry emo music instead.

Daredevil was always a boring character and is why I rarely read the comic books as a kid. Spiderman and X-Men had much more three-dimensionality and were therefore more my thing.

I like how season 2 ended. I look forward to season 3 and hopefully there is a Punisher spin off.

Back
Top Bottom