• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dardanian Macedonian trade wars!

DDD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It all started when Macedonia imposed quantitative limitations on how much we could export on flour and wheat there. Dardania in general does not exports as much and we need every income we can get. So we retaliated with banning all food from Macedonia to Dardania in kind.

Only two hours later Macedonians retaliated with a 2 Euro extra tax for every Dardanian that wants to travel to Macedonia. Interfering with the freedom of movement with that. So then we retaliated with a full embargo.

Now the issue is political:

Kosovo-Macedonia 'trade war' becomes political | EurActiv

Sounds good for business.

Way to go.

Sounds good for business.

Way to go.

The thing is, they have far more to lose since we are their second biggest market after Deutchland. Yet they dare stop our flour and wheat!

The Minister of Economic Affairs already declared that the matter is urgent.

The thing is, they have far more to lose since we are their second biggest market after Deutchland. Yet they dare stop our flour and wheat!

The Minister of Economic Affairs already declared that the matter is urgent.
At a time when global economics doesn't totter so far from the precipice, is this wise? I think it rather juvenile. Not to mention irresponsible. These idiots are playing with people's lives and livelihoods.

Dardanian Macedonian trade wars!

Dude, enough already! There is no such country "Dardania" in the world. It's only in your fantasies.

Dude, enough already! There is no such country "Dardania" in the world. It's only in your fantasies.

It is my prediction. I shall stick by it until it becomes real one day and then carry on using it more.

It is my prediction. I shall stick by it until it becomes real one day and then carry on using it more.

Whatever, but make sure you stick to reality. There is Kosovo, not Dardania. Speak so everybody can understand. Thanks.

From what I heared, Macedonia imposed limitations to all its neighbors.

However, both sides are playing bad with their economy.

To be fair, Greeks might say the same about the word Macedonia. Thread title might be better put as "two former Yugoslav republics in trade dispute."

To address that particular element - aren't these "two former Yugoslav republics" also in accession talks to join the EU? It doesn't do either side any favours to keep such petty disputes going as cross border trade disputes are against the principle of a free trade area. All it shows it neither country is ready to join.

To be fair, Greeks might say the same about the word Macedonia. Thread title might be better put as "two former Yugoslav republics in trade dispute."

That is far worse than "Kossovo" in so many levels! Firstly, we were brutally occupied and put by force into what was to be Yugoslavia since 1878! Endured atrocities in: 1878, 1912, 1945, 1989, and 1999 only to be free from it. We are glad that such a terrible concept no longer exists that even the word "former" would not suffice.

On a more present note "two former Yugoslav republics" is vague for there were 7 republics back then. Not to mention that we were not a republic ever in it thanks to Serbs, and as such it would not apply to us. Lastly it hints that former Slavic countries of Yugoslavia are in trade wars, which to Dardanians would be an insult since we are not and have never been Slavs.

The most crucial point that made enemies between our countries is the tendency of Slavs to assimilate us as they did to other former Illirian tribes ever since the Byzantine Empire. We survived that with effort and blood. For what? Only to be called Slavs yet again?!

To be fair, Greeks might say the same about the word Macedonia.

Not really. Macedonia is recognized with this name worldwide. No one knows what Dardania is, except people like DDD. This region is known around the world as "Kosovo".
Should the world recognize the name Dardania, I don't mind calling them Dardania. Since then they are Kosovo.

That is far worse than "Kossovo" in so many levels! Firstly, we were brutally occupied and put by force into what was to be Yugoslavia since 1878! Endured atrocities in: 1878, 1912, 1945, 1989, and 1999 only to be free from it. We are glad that such a terrible concept no longer exists that even the word "former" would not suffice.

On a more present note "two former Yugoslav republics" is vague for there were 7 republics back then. Not to mention that we were not a republic ever in it thanks to Serbs, and as such it would not apply to us. Lastly it hints that former Slavic countries of Yugoslavia are in trade wars, which to Dardanians would be an insult since we are not and have never been Slavs.

The most crucial point that made enemies between our countries is the tendency of Slavs to assimilate us as they did to other former Illirian tribes ever since the Byzantine Empire. We survived that with effort and blood. For what? Only to be called Slavs yet again?!

You can see how Cannell and others may be a bit upset because you are using Dardania. It doesnt' bother me particularly because I understood the whole issue, but you can see how you can cause confusion.

It's like German Guy would start talking about the Holy Roman Empire to describe the German, Prussian and Bohemian territories that belonged to the HRE.
"yes, the HRE is doing rather well economically and there are elections in the HRE soon".
Or like Spriggs05 talking about the Commonwealth lead by Britain, hinting at integrating the former colonies back into one nation. "Fun time over colonials, no more Parliament for you!".
Or some french guy talking about The First French Empire that had Italy as part of it, hinting towards a unification in the future.
Or like I would talk about Greater Romania, instead of Romania, having Romania take back territories as per 1918 territorial integrity.
Or the a greek guy would talk about Greece as the Byzantine Empire. "Yeah, we byzantines are going through a bit of a rough patch now but after we take back Constantinopole, it will all be good. "

Not really. Macedonia is recognized with this name worldwide. No one knows what Dardania is, except people like DDD. This region is known around the world as "Kosovo".
Should the world recognize the name Dardania, I don't mind calling them Dardania. Since then they are Kosovo.

I think Dardania is actually Kosovo+Albania, as far as I can understand.

Now this topic is close to DDD's heart so I don't mind him using this term. it's not like he's hurting anyone but himself and his message by not making himself clear to people.

You can see how Cannell and others may be a bit upset because you are using Dardania.

Yes, I am. Because when I look at DDD's profile it says: "Location: Republic of Dardania". Well, there is no such thing.
Are we gonna talk politics or talk crap?

Yes, I am. Because when I look at DDD's profile it says: "Location: Republic of Dardania". Well, there is no such thing.

In all fairness, there is no EUSSR either though I do get that reference and for the most part, agree with it :p

balkanians dont like muslims because they always remind them of us

civilized europe..

Look who is talking!

Anyway, I do not want to call my country with a Slavic originated name. The whole fuss of our being is about not end up being Slavs.

But to not confuse anyone any longer I will add the link in my signature and clear this up from here on end here.

Or the a greek guy would talk about Greece as the Byzantine Empire. "Yeah, we byzantines are going through a bit of a rough patch now but after we take back Constantinopole, it will all be good. "

Byzantine Empire was not about Greeks only. You had us and Bulgarians there. Slavs too were allowed in from Heraclious in 7th century. So Greece cannot have the credit for the glory of what was Byzantine under the Dardanians such as Constantine the Great or Justinian.

But I get your point.

I think Dardania is actually Kosovo+Albania, as far as I can understand.

Now this topic is close to DDD's heart so I don't mind him using this term. it's not like he's hurting anyone but himself and his message by not making himself clear to people.

No, Dardania is not about Albania. It is separate geographical area (as well as separate Illirian sub-tribe) from that but we would not mind joining since we are the same people. I just want this area of ours to be called with a more representative language for the majority of people living here. That is all.

Now to end the confusion, see my signature and tell me what you guys think?

Last edited:
No one knows what Dardania is, except people like DDD. This region is known around the world as "Kosovo".

Changing self-image starts from yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J342hXki744

Except that I do not get that "Body Bi Vi" part in the end? What is that about?

balkanians dont like muslims because they always remind them of us

civilized europe..

While we use the fact of being Muslim so as to differentiate us from Slavs to a significant degree and do so both for our own national identity as well as for the rest of the world to know. Lessening taxes for being Muslim was not an unwelcomed side reward too! ;)

This idea was practiced ever since the Ottoman Empire you know? Worked great during the time but eventually with your retreat the idea boomeranged back to byte us. From 1878 and onwards it was difficult to tell the world that we were not Turks neither!

While we use the fact of being Muslim so as to differentiate us from Slavs to a significant degree and do so both for our own national identity as well as for the rest of the world to know. Lessening taxes for being Muslim was not an unwelcomed side reward too! ;)

This idea was practiced ever since the Ottoman Empire you know? Worked great during the time but eventually with your retreat the idea boomeranged back to byte us. From 1878 and onwards it was difficult to tell the world that we were not Turks neither!

l know

.))

but the civilized west will never get it

why do you think they let the bosnians get raped and killed

mamma mia la turchia syndrome never ended

-

l know

.))

but the civilized west will never get it

why do you think they let the bosnians get raped and killed

mamma mia la turchia syndrome never ended

-

I am more optimistic that they will. I will tell them if asked as well as promote where I think we stand.

As for Bosnia I think it can be analogous to Syria. They had extremist Johadi's there too you know. Too many variables takes longer to crunch. Perhaps why Syria has been delayed till now.

Look who is talking!

Anyway, I do not want to call my country with a Slavic originated name. The whole fuss of our being is about not end up being Slavs.

You should have spoken when you declared independence.
Now Kosovo, later Dardania, and when you join Albania - Albania. Too much name games, don't you think?

I am more optimistic that they will. I will tell them if asked as well as promote where I think we stand.

As for Bosnia I think it can be analogous to Syria. They had extremist Johadi's there too you know. Too many variables takes longer to crunch. Perhaps why Syria has been delayed till now.

l know

but bosnian women were not jihadists and the civilized west waited too long to play war tam tams to save them

l dont think syrian women are raped ,syrian men are forced to rape their daughters

but the so called democratic west wants to save them

Back
Top Bottom