• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Danish Minister for Migration: “Somalis go home and rebuild your country”

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Danish authorities have concluded that the situation in some parts of Somalia is safe, and that Somalis no longer have valid grounds for asylum.

Following a review of the situation in Somalia, which began in 2017, residence permits will therefore be withdrawn for no less than 1,000 Somalis. “It is time for them to go home now,” Denmark states.

“If you no longer need our protection and your life and your health are no longer at risk in your homeland, you must of course return home and build up your country of origin”, says Minister for Migration Inger Støjberg, according to DR.

Somalis are also offered generous sums, €14,000 per adult and €4,200 per child, to return but in 2017 only 42 jumped at the chance, and in 2018 the corresponding figure is 32.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/12/d...nd-rebuild-your-country/#.XBjSmyPIRyk.twitter

They should put a time bomb on the offer, and if not taken, ship them back with zip.

There is another country (I do not know whether posting rules allow me to mention its name) that is also offering cash incentives for immigrants to return to their homelands.

Most of those immigrants, however, have declined the invitation and would rather stay in detention facilities than return.

I wish Denmark the best of luck.

There is another country (I do not know whether posting rules allow me to mention its name) that is also offering cash incentives for immigrants to return to their homelands.

Most of those immigrants, however, have declined the invitation and would rather stay in detention facilities than return.

I wish Denmark the best of luck.
Tons of countries provide help to go home. This has been policy since the 1970s so is nothing new.

As for my country's integration minister... She is an idiot generally speaking.

In principle I agree that refugees that can go home, should go home. Problem is that I don't agree that Somalia is safe enough since the capital is constantly under some sort of attack.

Of course Puntland has been safe for years but the political minefield is best avoided.

This reminds me when Denmark made it policy that it was safe for gay Iranian refugees to go home. It is also the same minister and government that kicked out an 13 year old Thai girl because her mother was in Thailand but she lived with her father in Denmark.

I am all for strong immigration rules but what Denmark is doing lately is appeasing the far right neo nazi scum by putting place insane rules that are all for show and hurt the wrong people.

The latest is to spend over 100 million euros to house migrants that can't be kicked out because no one wants them... To house 100 of them on an island for 100 million is beyond insane. It would be cheaper to house them at a luxury hotel for **** sake.. And we are back to the minister being an idiot.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Tons of countries provide help to go home. This has been policy since the 1970s so is nothing new.

In principle I agree that refugees that can go home, should go home. Problem is that I don't agree that Somalia is safe enough since the capital is constantly under some sort of attack.

Of course Puntland has been safe for years but the political minefield is best avoided.

This reminds me when Denmark made it policy that it was safe for gay Iranian refugees to go home. It is also the same minister and government that kicked out an 13 year old Thai girl because her mother was in Thailand but she lived with her father in Denmark.

I am all for strong immigration rules but what Denmark is doing lately is appeasing the far right neo nazi scum by putting place insane rules that are all for show and hurt the wrong people.

The latest is to spend over 100 million euros to house migrants that can't be kicked out because no one wants them... To house 100 of them on an island for 100 million is beyond insane. It would be cheaper to house them at a luxury hotel for **** sake.. And we are back to the minister being an idiot.

Sounds like you Europeans have things completely under control. :lamo No doubt we should follow your lead.

Was Denmark a nation borne upon the backs of, created literally from immigration?

I can't say my knowledge of 10th century and earlier Denmark isn't so good that I really know the answer, but something tells me Vikings weren't exactly seeking immigrants to boost their population, workforce, GDP, etc....Even so, my money's on "no, not really."

Was Denmark a nation borne upon the backs of, created literally from immigration?

I can't say my knowledge of 10th century and earlier Denmark isn't so good that I really know the answer, but something tells me Vikings weren't exactly seeking immigrants to boost their population, workforce, GDP, etc....Even so, my money's on "no, not really."

It was less seeking immigrants and more like seeking slaves.

Let's put it this way.. If it was not for Denmark then there would be no US. [emoji1087]

And you have to define what immigration is. I have German and Polish blood in me including Jewish. Granted they immigrated to Denmark 700 years ago but hey!

The Somalias in this thread are not immigrants but refugees...big difference.

She did state parts of Somalia are safe. You are a Somali expert? ROTFLOL.

You obviously don’t agree these people should be sent back.

Sounds like you Europeans have things completely under control. :lamo No doubt we should follow your lead.

Merkel was a complete and utter moron. She was palatable, until she invited the ****hole countries of the world to invade Europe. That was dumb beyond all reason.

And, the EU had seen these invasions for years in Italy and Spain... and what did they do to prepare or halt such invasions?

Nothing. Absolutely ****ing nothing.

You want to talk about incompetence... the EU flag is the symbol of it.

The EU is run by a hoard of incompetents, and their media is even worse than the US, as they have no alternative media. The EU population is largely ignorant... and US citizens want to follow that failure of a continent?!!!

I only wish we could send every US citizen to the EU for a few years to get a taste of the glories of that ****hole continent. I know it well, having spent half my life there. I’m based there now, and have been for a number of years. I know its suffocating nature well... but for me it’s very profitable knowing how to work their stinking bureaucracy.

The EU’s saving grace are the Poles, Czechs and Hungarians... who are not much interested in adopting the EU idiocies... and on occasion... the Austrians.

Last edited:

Yeah, because the USA has such a successful record in that department.

Yeah, because the USA has such a successful record in that department.
Well...

At least up until the slenderfella misadministration we were ostensibly trying to go in the correct direction. And since which we have the current president striving to put into action, stymied time and again by the establishment globalists as well as nearly all the left, what most Americans do, indeed, want... control of our own borders and our sovereignty...

Yano? Clearly you do not know.

Well...

At least up until the slenderfella misadministration we were ostensibly trying to go in the correct direction. And since which we have the current president striving to put into action, stymied time and again by the establishment globalists as well as nearly all the left, what most Americans do, indeed, want... control of our own borders and our sovereignty...

Yano? Clearly you do not know.

Oh, I know this. I know there's a real, real small list of the things you have to teach anyone else in the world and immigration policy isn't on it. Immigration policy is on a different list, the list of things you've ****ed up royally.
An American laughing at Denmark's record on damn near anything is a real hoot.

**** that...we shouldnt follow their lead. We should send them a few million more.

Oh, I know this. I know there's a real, real small list of the things you have to teach anyone else in the world and immigration policy isn't on it. Immigration policy is on a different list, the list of things you've ****ed up royally.
An American laughing at Denmark's record on damn near anything is a real hoot.
Dood dood dood...

You are lucky you have a buffer like the US between you and the raging real world. We protect you from having to deal with anything but a fairy tale reality... see, watch Justine run down the latest rabbit hole, where up is down and black is white and mankind is then "peoplekind".

Your government is a laughing stock, undeniably bad... and silly even. We aren't all laughing with you, but we are all definitely laughing...

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

Dood dood dood...

You are lucky you have a buffer like the US between you and the raging real world. We protect you from having to deal with anything but a fairy tale reality... see, watch Justine run down the latest rabbit hole, where up is down and black is white and mankind is then "peoplekind".

Your government is a laughing stock, undeniably bad... and silly even. We aren't all laughing with you, but we are all definitely laughing...

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

You laughing at Denmark. That's a hoot. And you laughing at Canada's government is even, uh, is 'hootier' a word?
Listen. I'll tell you how the world sees your last election. You all had a choice between leprosy and syphillis- you chose leprosy but you got the syph. Any idea how humourous that all looks to, well, pretty much everyone else in the world?

Merkel was a complete and utter moron. She was palatable, until she invited the ****hole countries of the world to invade Europe. That was dumb beyond all reason.

And, the EU had seen these invasions for years in Italy and Spain... and what did they do to prepare or halt such invasions?

Nothing. Absolutely ****ing nothing.

You want to talk about incompetence... the EU flag is the symbol of it.

The EU is run by a hoard of incompetents, and their media is even worse than the US, as they have no alternative media. The EU population is largely ignorant... and US citizens want to follow that failure of a continent?!!!

I only wish we could send every US citizen to the EU for a few years to get a taste of the glories of that ****hole continent. I know it well, having spent half my life there. I’m based there now, and have been for a number of years. I know its suffocating nature well... but for me it’s very profitable knowing how to work their stinking bureaucracy.

The EU’s saving grace are the Poles, Czechs and Hungarians... who are not much interested in adopting the EU idiocies... and on occasion... the Austrians.
I agree with almost everything you have stated... and then some.

Except, perhaps, on that idea of sending Americans over there... we have Constitutional restraints upon inflicting cruel and inhumane punishments. Besides, have you ever heard such lameness as you do on this board by many of those Americans who live in Europe???

It's near astonishing how lost they appear... and yet so confidently brash in their often utter incompetence on even the simple stuff.

Is there some kind of re-education training one, as an American, is put through upon arrival? Or what accounts for that?

I know when visiting Peru and Bolivia for a few months back in October and November, I met and spoke in depth with a host of Europeans [must get airfare really cheap to Peru or something?]... the fact that there is no first amendment there and control of the media must be utterly horrendous...so many good people who knew very little except the propaganda and who, after having detailed discussions, nearly all of whom changed their original views...

I debate well enough at times, sure, but that was amazing.

You laughing at Denmark. That's a hoot. And you laughing at Canada's government is even, uh, is 'hootier' a word?
Listen. I'll tell you how the world sees your last election. You all had a choice between leprosy and syphillis- you chose leprosy but you got the syph. Any idea how humourous that all looks to, well, pretty much everyone else in the world?
Wow, that was deep.

Just exactly how high do they allow you to stack **** in Canukland? Don't y'all have any height, volume and stench ordinances there?

She did state parts of Somalia are safe. You are a Somali expert? ROTFLOL.

Yes, and that is Puntland. Problem is by saying those areas are safe, you are politically splitting Somalia into two nations if not more and there are independence groups in Somalia. You are basically saying that the western backed government who clearly does not fully control the capital city, is not good enough.. so we have to send them to Puntland. Oh and Puntland does not want them as far as I know.

You obviously don’t agree these people should be sent back.

They should never have been let into the country in the first place, so yes I want them out. But I do not want to send people to their deaths and Somalia is not as safe as the minister claims it is. In fact anything the minister says is tainted by her own political ambitions and ignorance. She actually wanted to ban muslim workers from driving busses and similar situations during the month of Ramadan.. because you know they cant drink water.. Her stupidity knows no bounds.

But yes I want them out as fast as humanly possible.

Last edited:
Off-Topic:
Interestingly enough my son somehow found himself in Denmark for the Fourth of July during his summer tour, and lo and behold there was a US Independence day celebration going on there. It's called Rebildfest.

I don't know the gory details of why Dane celebrate America's Independence Day, but sure as God made little green apples, they do, and have for ages.

DSC05943.jpg

21940.jpg

22401175-fb09-412c-be33-0f8331bfee62.jpg

Back
Top Bottom