• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Danish Inventor recaptured after prison escape

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Danish inventor who is serving a life sentence in the murder of a Swedish journalist escaped from prison Tuesday by threatening that he was wearing a bomb — but was quickly surrounded by police, according to local reports.

Peter Madsen is seen on a video posted by the tabloid Ekstra Bladet surrounded by snipers as he sits on a grassy patch at the side of a road in Albertslund.

This guy built his own submarine. It was an impressive piece of work.

A reporter wanted to do a story on it and asked Peter for a ride.

He said "Sure."

For some reason, he murdered her.

And now he's escaped from prison and recaptured.

Pretty exciting stuff for Europe.

Weird.

I know this wasn't your point, Swing, but things like this make me wonder if we need to redefine what we call "intelligence." I mean, I would say he must have been pretty smart to invent that submarine, but he couldn't have been very smart to murder someone. So, can someone be be smart and idiotic at the same time?

As a certified idiot, I'd say probably not. :)

Hummm......why not invent a key for some doors and escape again.

Weird.

I know this wasn't your point, Swing, but things like this make me wonder if we need to redefine what we call "intelligence." I mean, I would say he must have been pretty smart to invent that submarine, but he couldn't have been very smart to murder someone. So, can someone be be smart and idiotic at the same time?

As a certified idiot, I'd say probably not. :)

Emily L:

Perhaps this could be explained by high intelligence but being sorely lacking in wisdom and empathy for others who get in his way. An intelligent but impetuous predator who is a mortal danger to any society he finds himself in.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Emily L:

Perhaps this could be explained by high intelligence but being sorely lacking in wisdom and empathy for others who get in his way. An intelligent but impetuous predator who is a mortal danger to any society he finds himself in.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

That's it, Roddy! You hit the nail on the head! Intelligence and wisdom are two different things, and intelligence doesn't automatically turn into wisdom.

I'd rather have wisdom than intelligence, and since I've pretty much given up on acquiring Intelligence, wisdom is my only hope. :)

The stereotypical intelligent psycopath is an expert at gaslighting, but has real problems with introspection, including coming to terms with the fact that they are not so smart that they can fool everbody all the time.

Back
Top Bottom