• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Daniel Boone Resembles Racism/Sexism?

yeah...I don't get it. what about Daniel Boone could be offensive? maybe it's because he wore a COON skin cap? I swear, some people have nothing better to do than sit around all day looking for something to be offended by.

It's ridiculous.

“Boone was a polarizing figure that did not reflect the growing diversity of the UD community, but rather was an image that many women, persons of color, international students and faculty members found difficult to relate to as defining the pioneering spirit,” Chancellor Robert Coombe said in a March letter to the school community.

This is by far the stupidest statement I've read all year.

What's next? Is George Washington going to have be taken off of the dollar bill because a bunch of overly sensitive morons just can't "relate?" :roll:

"Political correctness" can go f*ck itself for all I care. The simple fact of the matter is that national heritage trumps hurt feelings.

If an actual pioneer cannot be said to "define the pioneer spirit" simply because he happens to have been a white male (incidentally, the overtly racist and sexist implications of the school's line of reasoning here are pretty staggering) what on Earth can?

Last edited:
I swear, some people have nothing better to do than sit around all day looking for something to be offended by.

I am offended by that statement. Paypal me some reparations. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom